Forum › Hibike! Euphonium *Spoilers* Discussion

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Niwa,
I def see what your saying or what you guys are saying. Moving away from this
particular anime. I def don't understand either honestly. I guess they want to appeal to the male audience with the "look this guy is just a normal plain guy but like 5 girls are all over him!! This could be you!!" Which is why I don't actually like harems. Well I don't like love triangles or any chain of unesecery cliche romance. I want something that (if there were to be romance In anime) something natural with a lot of chemistry. Now don't get me wrong either I don't want an over exaggerated character either -.- but I don't want a character that is too plain either. There has to be an Inbetween. Something in a way would make his or her (in this case him) stand out as a unique individual.
But then again you have to kind ask yourself "what if someone was that plain?" What if he or she didn't have much personality they were just that outgoing or that typical?
...aaaah but hmmm actually I just remember something. Kumiko was was told by Reina that she in a way acting "fake" Kumiko, if you think about outwardly acts like the typical "out going happy girl" the type of character that would bore you to death because of how recycle they are and typical (how girls are suppose to be in anime -.-). But later she shows us that inside she is actually very distant from everyone, in a way she puts on this front (the happy go lucky girl that's ok with every thing and smile :D) but inside she is a very complicated character (a serious one at that actually). And that to me was what brought her to life not only as a chararacter but as someone I guess the viewers could relate too.
I know I went out of the topic train again lol I don't know if this makes sense lol

last edited at May 28, 2015 12:09PM

CrescentLuna25
Ayase-aragaki%20-%20copy
joined Jul 20, 2013

Hey hey guys. Check this out !
http://www.kitakubu.co/2015/05/the-hibike-euphonium-novels-were-also-yurilicious/

Yet again after giving you guys a delicious yuri material, i bring a bad news as well. It will be Het ending. Thats all. Ciao

So you're sayin that the light novel of Hibike Euphonium has ended?? And that Kumiko ended up with...................... Y_Y no! tell me this isn't real

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Based on comments...the anime seems like it was yurier,lol than tha LN scene...then again, I don't know how often do mangas and LN's animes versions follow through.

Then again since everyone keeps saying this, I shall take back my hoooray for Reina and Kumiko, although it would of been awesome cos Kumiko is...well,strange and Reina is too.

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

Niwa,
I def see what your saying or what you guys are saying. Moving away from this
particular anime. I def don't understand either honestly. I guess they want to appeal to the male audience with the "look this guy is just a normal plain guy but like 5 girls are all over him!! This could be you!!" Which is why I don't actually like harems. Well I don't like love triangles or any chain of unesecery cliche romance. I want something that (if there were to be romance In anime) something natural with a lot of chemistry. Now don't get me wrong either I don't want an over exaggerated character either -.- but I don't want a character that is too plain either. There has to be an Inbetween. Something in a way would make his or her (in this case him) stand out as a unique individual.
But then again you have to kind ask yourself "what if someone was that plain?" What if he or she didn't have much personality they were just that outgoing or that typical?
...aaaah but hmmm actually I just remember something. Kumiko was was told by Reina that she in a way acting "fake" Kumiko, if you think about outwardly acts like the typical "out going happy girl" the type of character that would bore you to death because of how recycle they are and typical (how girls are suppose to be in anime -.-). But later she shows us that inside she is actually very distant from everyone, in a way she puts on this front (the happy go lucky girl that's ok with every thing and smile :D) but inside she is a very complicated character (a serious one at that actually). And that to me was what brought her to life not only as a chararacter but as someone I guess the viewers could relate too.
I know I went out of the topic train again lol I don't know if this makes sense lol

Yes,and for such a complicated character wouldn't it be more fittable to go out of her way and date Reina?
xD

just saying..they are...peculiar

joined Jan 30, 2013

Crescent,
I read the the the the um um how the hell are they not together ?!?! The fack is this shet!!! You read this right? Like um this was def like seduction to the extreme !!!! Lmao ok I need a minute sits down your telling me that um there is NOTHING BETWEEN REINA AND KUMIKO when even the novel is more lewd than than anything I ever read lmao. And she ends with what's his face?! Really?! There better be a change in the anime because if they put this scene in the anime I'm pretty sure that we all know that ain't no normal friendship lmao. I call bullshit!! I mean even though Japan advertises yuri and shoujo ai how come they haven't actually made a proper relationship or a more better Yuri anime !! Don't get me wrong I've seen pretty much all the yuri anime ever created well from Japan, strawberry panic, KnM God you name them all!! But honestly half of them were just teasing they always leave us with either a tragic ending or just childish I like that's were it ends I'm ok with this but sometimes I want to see a Yuri anime that would leave with "damn these to have such an amazing chemistry!!" I don't know maybe I do t know what I want :(
Maybe I'm just complaining too much ;.; but why when you give us two characters that you are obviously teasing us with their chem telling us "this two could have a thing for each other and they dooooo~" why don't you let it happen? There further more to a relationship than the "omg does she/he like me?! Omg he/she has someone already. oh no he/she was kissed by that girl/boy!! Oh he/she does like me." What about after that?! How about forming the relationship getting used to each other !! There are a lot shit that happens when a couple gets together not just before it only ...I I don't even sigh

last edited at May 28, 2015 1:14PM

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

http://www.kitakubu.co/2015/05/the-hibike-euphonium-novels-were-also-yurilicious/

Yet again after giving you guys a delicious yuri material, i bring a bad news as well. It will be Het ending. Thats all. Ciao

Apparently just right after that Reina says

"I like Taki-sensei. As in "love", not just "like"."

Apparently that's what an anonymous complained in 4chan. The pain x_x.

joined Jan 30, 2013

KatzeDer,
I agree, they are very peculiar. Very dinamic characters they both feel so natural it's a crime not to put them together :(

joined Jan 30, 2013

I don't even, I had the suspicion in ep 5. But I kind of figured thT > student teacher thing wouldn't happen in this anime. Plus it feels like he is the type of character that would already either be dating someone or would be close to marrying. my heart hurts I feel so agh I knew this ship was going. To bring me pain.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Just remember that the author often is in kind with the practically brain dead otaku masses and that their product is usually to some extent retarded, and therefore should not be taken as the final word on canon, as opposed to an audience member who can clearly see the author's bullshit.

last edited at May 28, 2015 1:54PM

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

KatzeDer,
I agree, they are very peculiar. Very dinamic characters they both feel so natural it's a crime not to put them together :(

I know!!! such a waste ¬_¬ but oh well, I did learn something from this all, I am carefully choosing the on-going series I watch, I had never watched anything ongoing until this year..I can't say I regret it but... it does produce more WTF IS GOING ON WHY!? moments than watching series where you know it's gonna be alright

joined Jan 30, 2013

I on the other hand have fallen victim to Yuri bait countless of times. Why don't I learn? Am I a hopeless person? There should be a name for yuri fans like me ;.; a failure !!!

joined Mar 23, 2013

KatzeDer,

I know!!! such a waste ¬_¬ but oh well, I did learn something from this all, I am carefully choosing the on-going series I watch, I had never watched anything ongoing until this year..I can't say I regret it but... it does produce more WTF IS GOING ON WHY!? moments than watching series where you know it's gonna be alright

Because I have less time I binge watch stuff I really want. But back when I had time, watching trainwrecks and plot twist while stuff is on going is the best. So is watching with /a/ at the same time.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Is there a reason we can't discuss a show without turning around and beat on the author? For one thing you are basing the end of the novel on what you know of the anime (which is only animating the first novel) as opposed to the three novels total worth of story/development that you don't know about sans small translated excerpts. The spoiler also mentions that Kumiko and Reina are closer than ever before. It seems the idea of the red string of fate here refers to how these two will always be drawn towards one another. It does not have to be romantic in nature.

I'm only slightly disappointed in the fact that we won't get a nicely written, well-animated yuri story yet it seems. It wasn't much of a question in the first place anyways. Just take what you can and enjoy it.

last edited at May 28, 2015 8:22PM

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

It may not have to be of a romantic nature but it usually is,more often than not

last edited at May 28, 2015 7:43PM

Photo
joined May 29, 2015

Apparently just right after that Reina says

This is just f*ckd up. Is volume 3 the end? You sure this wasn't a typo on the publisher's part? Then I'm going to go kill myself now and revive myself into a new universe where only Yuri exists. Why do I always fall for KyoAni's trap? well, I guess considering the animation production date and release date of vol 3, it's really all Takeda Ayano to blame here. But I'm still angry at you KyoAni. And I will conduct a witch hunt against you if you dare make a movie sequel called "Hibike! Euphonium Love Story"

Avinyan
joined Mar 1, 2015

Well, from translations I've been seeing here and there of the novels:

• Reina and Kumiko are more closer since the beginning with things like calling them by their names since the beginning (thus no "call me Reina" scene). It looks like that both are kind of interested in each other in a sightly perv way along a general interest for the personality of the other. This doesn't seem to change at sightliest during the three novels.

• Kumiko is sightly interested on Shuichi since the beginning, and as everything moves towards the direction to ship them, they finally get together on the third novel. Though nothing guarantees it is going to actually work on future novels.

• Reina is interested in Taki-sensei in a similar way she is interested to Kumiko.

The main shift is that the anime begins with them not being close at all, so they added a lot of scenes that didn't happened on the novels to make them slowly get closer. By other hand most the scenes with Kumiko interacting with Shuichi were removed altogether or reduced in duration and importance.

I don't know how the anime will play it is latest 4 episodes, but I think the scenes between Kumiko and Reina will continue happening. I think they will move the "I like Taki-sensei" for the side of more (obsessive) admiration than anything for time constraints. Now I don't know if meanwhile all that happens they will also try to haste a ship between Kumiko and Shuichi, or if the attempt will fail, or they will leave an open ending on that (likely) - the anime is adapting the first book and KumkoxShuichi happens on the third book, so I think we are saved for now -. In any case I think they will continue focusing on the plot itself.

Yuri paring or not (I will continue shipping them, though, <3), I'm liking a lot the show, so it is OK for me, not angry.

last edited at May 29, 2015 8:22PM

Photo
joined May 29, 2015

So, simply said, we're still in safe yuri ground.....for now huh. -Girls are now praying for anime original yuri ending-

last edited at May 29, 2015 9:59PM

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hmmm so on the novels..it's one thing and on the anime is another,ok that's normal...

Atch i'm not watching it until it ends and I know what happened, if it ends in het I shall not had wasted myself ,if it doesn't, I will watch and be happy.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Yuri or not, I think it's a great show. Beautifully animated with a lot of likeable characters. I don't get the Shuichi hate though (besides the fact he has a penis). He's a nice guy and I actually like the chemistry Kumiko has with him. Of course I'm rooting for a Yuri ending or for them to at least leave it ambiguous/open ended, but Kumiko can do waaay worse than him.

Maybe I just have different expectations since I started watching it because I was in band during high school and could relate to pretty much everything that has happened so far in the series. It's scary how accurate it portrays high school band haha.

joined Jan 30, 2013

^ I don't hate the guy, in fact I've mentioned that he literally is "the typical guy" which is good for once we have a normal guy that isn't over exaggerated. My main problem tho is he isn't shown a lot. To the point that glasses wearing guy is more interesting than him. He sort of became a plane background character. You know what I mean? Now my reason for not liking him with Kumiko isnt because "he has a penis" or his a boy lol it's because the way they have portraid his relationship with her has only been of that of "an annoying older brother" or what he really is "an extremely close friend that it gets to the point they become kind of like family" and that seeing them together romanticly would just be weird (I wanna also point out that honestly he doesn't seem to actually get Kumiko I feel like he doesn't understand her, and her character or personality. Something that Reina on the other hand does). Another thing is that honestly Kimiko isn't showing interest in him romaticly either. And the biggest thing for me that turns him off to me as a partner for her is the whole "childhood friend thing" now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that childhood friend can't become romantically involve BUT in anime because of how much it's used its honestly SOOOO clitche :/. I'm tire of seen an anime were "oh she/he is his/her childhood friend they HAVE TO LOVE EACHOTHER because THEY ARE MEANT TO BE." No god just stop lol
Then we also go back to the "God damn it if he is going to be her romantic partner In the god damn anime then give him more screen time and and more of a personality as well as show that she (Kumiko) has some sort of romantic interest in him. They have done the complete opposite. Which is why it's soooo hard not to ship freaking Reina and Kumiko cause god damn it they have had such good scenes together and their personalities just go like bread and butter PLUS YURI LMAO WHY NOT? Two of my fav things together lol. Now I also agree with you the anime is great I don't understand why people don't see that. Now I'm horrible for not remembering but glasses guy and the one other girl fucking are the cutest couple ever!! SEE that's the type of romance that i like. Not the "oh they are fated to be together" cliche crap -.-. And that's honestly why I don't LIKE Suichi with Kumiko romantically; as a character I don't hate him or as a childhood friend either. And they have this sibling relationship that yes it's enjoyable to watch when ever little time he is seen lol

last edited at May 30, 2015 1:18AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

^ Oh I totally get you, although I'm sure people hate on Shuichi anyway because he might get in the way of a Yuri ending. I like the screen time they are giving each of the supporting characters now. I think it's pretty balanced and even though I don't remember everyone's name, they all have a clear personality and feel like 3d characters.

But anyway I think there's a ton of other sweet potential pairings that don't involve Kumiko. 3rd year threesome anyone (Asuka/pres/ Kaori) :D ?And Natsuki/Yuuko really balance each other too! Of course Goto/Riko really do take the cake right now for cutest pairing.

I just think everyone who is on the fence about this anime, should watch it without expecting a Yuri end. You'd be much happier for it. It would be a shame to miss out on this great anime. A must watch for slice of life fans :)

last edited at May 30, 2015 12:24PM

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

it'd be ridiculous to throw this much fricking yuri bait at us and still follow the LN ending. it just can't happen. KUMIKO EVEN REJECTED THE BOY
kyoani, do the right thing plz. i pray for them.

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

it'd be ridiculous to throw this much fricking yuri bait at us and still follow the LN ending. it just can't happen. KUMIKO EVEN REJECTED THE BOY

Yes but her stupid ass good natured friend told him she's gonna help him win her love or something,so she's gonnta talk Kumiko into it,she'll "realize" her feelings and Reina will go for the teacher.
regular everyday common crap

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yes but her stupid ass good natured friend told him she's gonna help him win her love or something,so she's gonnta talk Kumiko into it,she'll "realize" her feelings and Reina will go for the teacher.
regular everyday common crap

Yeah, female character rejecting a boy is often there as a barrier that the boy has to overcome in order to get happiness. Since, y'know, him being happy is what's important here.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Yeah, female character rejecting a boy is often there as a barrier that the boy has to overcome in order to get happiness. Since, y'know, him being happy is what's important here.

It's in the bible women, God put you here to please us, your wants are irrelevant.

To reply you must either login or sign up.