Forum › New Game discussion

joined Feb 15, 2013

On Aoba x Kou front, now Kou know that Aoba is not against the idea of going out with a girl.

Or maybe that was Kou's plan all along. Pretended to tease Aoba with another girl just to see her response

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Kou is too dense to come up with plans like that.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Hifumi and Momo being socially awkward at each other is surprisingly dawwwww

Conversely Naru and Nene going from "getting along well" to "minor Cold War rivalry" in about two pages flat came quite out of the left field (Umiko is confused!), though it also showcases the latter's unflappable never-say-die streak.

joined May 10, 2015

Hifumin trying her best to get Momo involved is so cute.

And yes, there is no way Kou is that cunning when it comes to romance.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Aaaand confirmation that Momo and Naru aren't a couple (yet). They're just living together for rent.

Hey now - Hajime's the only one who said anything about rent. :P Momo just said that she came to Tokyo with Naru.

last edited at Aug 21, 2017 5:25PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Is she though?

joined Oct 4, 2014

Is she though?

Yeah, if she wasn't that dense she would have already noticed rin's feelings

joined Jul 26, 2016

Kou's sufficiently dense she probably creates a minor gravitational singularity. Pretty much the classic "nerd" who seriously doesn't get a lot of social cues. (In all fairness Rin should by now have picked up that "subtle" just doesn't work with that girl, and adjusted her approach accordingly...)

Takemiya_0
joined Aug 21, 2017

I think you're misreading (or maybe somehow the translation got messed up), but she actually said that she was basing her judgment on what it would be like to be around boys solely on her imagining of what it would be like.

Not that she fantasizes about being with them.

I guess it was what the English dub thought she said. In episode 1, the English dub messed up by having aoba's English voice actress mispronounce takimoto as tokimoto.

last edited at Aug 22, 2017 10:04AM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I do wish that Rin would change her approach, but like Kou is dense, she is too... scared to change her approach?

joined May 23, 2015

I am not so sure it's that she's dense so much as that she has absolutely zero interest in romance at the moment, and thus is not even looking for those cues around herself.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Eeehh! Nene got a taste of reality, maybe she will face what Aoba felt against Kou's experience and skill but with programing... Momo is cute but quiet, too defensive, I hope we don't get too many misunderstandings, at least so far she seems to be doing well with Aoba, but I don't know about the others... Oh! Well, Hifumin is doing a good job too!

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I don't know if Nene got a taste of reality, but more of a taste of how other people may see her job as. Nene definitely is trying her hardest and she did not think Umiko gave her special treatment, though it is very likely it did help Umiko make her decision. Nene making her own game definitely made Umiko's decision easier. Umiko would not want to hire Nene just because she knew her. It is clear that Nene wants to impress Umiko, so she's doing her best. Naru is just making assumptions.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Maybe she already did notice Rin's feeling but chose to pretend not knowing just to not ruin their current relationship?

It's hard to believe that they already knew each other for 8 years (EIGHT YEARS!!), been through all sort of chances and Kou not picking on anything. Nor Rin confessing. It's unrealistic even in fictional world.

Will be more believable if Kou is currently interested in work more than romance, just pretend not noticing Rin's feeling so she doesn't have to resolve it, and hope Rin will give up on her one day. Meanswhile Rin could read on that and respect Kou's decision while hold on hope that Kou would change her feeling

last edited at Aug 22, 2017 1:49PM

joined Aug 22, 2017

Imagine that someday aoba say to ko that she loves her and kou say the same to her
What will Rin would say o what will she do

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I don't know if Nene got a taste of reality, but more of a taste of how other people may see her job as. Nene definitely is trying her hardest and she did not think Umiko gave her special treatment, though it is very likely it did help Umiko make her decision. Nene making her own game definitely made Umiko's decision easier. Umiko would not want to hire Nene just because she knew her. It is clear that Nene wants to impress Umiko, so she's doing her best. Naru is just making assumptions.

But Umiko said "You're not in the level required for this company yet, but I spoke with the director"

That's exactly what Naru said, getting the work through connections with special treatment, so she needs to be careful with what she said in front of someone who got the work through normal means, but looks like Nene is not aware of this yet ... Saying things like "Maybe I'm a genius after all" she really doesn't understand how lucky she is.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

But Umiko said "You're not in the level required for this company yet, but I spoke with the director"

That's exactly what Naru said, getting the work through connections with special treatment, so she needs to be careful with what she said in front of someone who got the work through normal means, but looks like Nene is not aware of this yet ... Saying things like "Maybe I'm a genius after all" she really doesn't understand how lucky she is.

I mean, I posted in this very thread "Gay nepotism gets Nene a job. Umiko too gay. lol"

But that's not the whole picture, because Umiko said more than that. She said "But after seeing your motivation and learning speed, I spoke with the president to let you in." My point is that Umiko would NOT give Nene the job if she had not shown anything. She says "I have high hopes for you" which means that Nene left a good impression on her. Does Umiko seem like someone who would have just bent over for Nene and let her through just because she knew her a while ago? Hazuki yes, Umiko no.

Plus, neither of them are getting full time jobs anyway? Umiko told Nene she is under a 3 month contract and then she would get it renewed depending on how well she is doing. Naru is doing an internship for her school, but because of how good she is, she is getting work instead of internship work. Umiko told Nene that she doesn't have a full time job. She's basically doing an internship like Naru was supposed to be doing.

Naru is just being overly unfair to Nene. Maybe she hasn't seen what Nene does so she thinks Nene has no skill and that's why she's rude to her? Nene worked to get this chance. She made a game, she showed what she can do, and Umiko decided that its worth helping Nene because she likes what she sees. To say that she only got it because of Umiko is false. I'm sure Naru got some help from her school to find the internship too.

Plus https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/new_game_ch55#7 how does this page show that Nene doesn't realize how lucky she is? She says it right there, "I'm here because I got special treatment." Nene knows. She's just not gonna let it get her down.

last edited at Aug 22, 2017 6:08PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well indeed she got special treatment, at first even you were denying that, Naru (I would too) is probably upset for personal reasons like "I spend years preparing for this dream with my friend until I finally got the skills required and here's someone who just felt like it (as Nene said) and got accepted after preparing for less than a year with help from the inside and claims "Oh, that's a good dream, maybe I'll do it too" hmmmmmm is like she's not taking the work and Naru's determination seriously at all, I don't think that's unfair, of course they don't know each other situations but I have to side with Naru because Nenechi is just being naive, and that's her nature... Is the unavoidable conflict and contrast that the author wanted to show. Of course, the natural development would be working together with some more friction and realize each others' skill and effort and make things better, I hope so because I like Nene and New game is not for long drama or fights.
Well, maybe you think... I'm claiming that Umiko gave Nenechi the job only because they know each others but that would be really dumb considering that they will be working together and no one needs a useless person in a serious company, I'm just talking about the difference in skills and ways used to get into the company, serious subjects that should be treated as such but Nenechi lacks delicacy... Again, I hope that first encounter doesn't escalate further than that.

joined Mar 22, 2017

Well NewGame! drama NEVER last long. (But this one seem to be longer than normally do) And this is slice of life genre so I don't see any problem to have some conflict in the story. To be honest after this incident I think (and really hoping) they both will get along very well. It what NewGame! seem to do after all. (Example is Yamato case)

This author done drama things surprisingly well and I really appreciate that.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Naru's (presumable) reasons for being irked are psychologically understandable enough, but no less petty for that tbh. It's kind of an universally established truth that prior (positive) association with a potential employer substantially improves your chances as you're no longer just another generic applicant but someone whose qualities they already know personally - doubly important if you lack formal credentials in the relevant field and need to get by on demonstrated ability and/or potential. (Having proven able to get along with the other employees generally doesn't hurt either.)

I'd hazard it's more Naru being vaguely frustrated and bitter in the classic "what the Hell did I spend a decade learning this crap for then?!" sense; it can be quite galling to run into someone who basically taught themselves the essentials in a fraction of the time you sat in school for.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

You lot like to post wall of texts.
I just want to say I have fun reading them. :)

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

user spiels likes reading spiels c:

joined Mar 22, 2017

This comment section is not that much wall of text until chapter that have a key visual conflict. After that a wall of text appear every chapter. XD

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I don't care what anyone says. I like both of the newbies.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Maybe she already did notice Rin's feeling but chose to pretend not knowing just to not ruin their current relationship?

It's hard to believe that they already knew each other for 8 years (EIGHT YEARS!!), been through all sort of chances and Kou not picking on anything. Nor Rin confessing. It's unrealistic even in fictional world.

Will be more believable if Kou is currently interested in work more than romance, just pretend not noticing Rin's feeling so she doesn't have to resolve it, and hope Rin will give up on her one day. Meanswhile Rin could read on that and respect Kou's decision while hold on hope that Kou would change her feeling

Even if she did know, which I doubt (It's still fiction, after all), it would be better if Kou confronted Rin about it rather than let her waste her time on the hopes that it could still happen. That'd just be terrible, on her part.

To reply you must either login or sign up.