Forum › New Game discussion

joined Mar 22, 2017

I don't care what anyone says. I like both of the newbies.

Approved! I also like BOTH of the newbies. XD

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Maybe she already did notice Rin's feeling but chose to pretend not knowing just to not ruin their current relationship?

It's hard to believe that they already knew each other for 8 years (EIGHT YEARS!!), been through all sort of chances and Kou not picking on anything. Nor Rin confessing. It's unrealistic even in fictional world.

Will be more believable if Kou is currently interested in work more than romance, just pretend not noticing Rin's feeling so she doesn't have to resolve it, and hope Rin will give up on her one day. Meanswhile Rin could read on that and respect Kou's decision while hold on hope that Kou would change her feeling

Even if she did know, which I doubt (It's still fiction, after all), it would be better if Kou confronted Rin about it rather than let her waste her time on the hopes that it could still happen. That'd just be terrible, on her part.

I will rather Kou confront it. But it happened all the time in real life through. Surely you had some friends who showed interests in you before, but you prefer not dealing with it/ keep it strictly platonic. And hope that they will pick up the hint and not going pass the friendship line?

(aka friend-zoning)

last edited at Aug 23, 2017 9:24AM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Maybe she already did notice Rin's feeling but chose to pretend not knowing just to not ruin their current relationship?

It's hard to believe that they already knew each other for 8 years (EIGHT YEARS!!), been through all sort of chances and Kou not picking on anything. Nor Rin confessing. It's unrealistic even in fictional world.

Will be more believable if Kou is currently interested in work more than romance, just pretend not noticing Rin's feeling so she doesn't have to resolve it, and hope Rin will give up on her one day. Meanswhile Rin could read on that and respect Kou's decision while hold on hope that Kou would change her feeling

Even if she did know, which I doubt (It's still fiction, after all), it would be better if Kou confronted Rin about it rather than let her waste her time on the hopes that it could still happen. That'd just be terrible, on her part.

I will rather Kou confront it. But it happened all the time in real life through. Surely you had some friends who showed interests in you before, but you prefer not dealing with it/ keep it strictly platonic. And hope that they will pick up the hint and not going pass the friendship line?

(aka friend-zoning)

None that I know of. And even if that were the case, I would ask them about it, and refuse them without too much trouble.

joined Mar 22, 2017

New chapter up on doki.
I will wait until things got upload here though.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Actually 2 chapters!!! yaaay
I can't wait... Mayor spoiler ahead Momo is best girl

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Naru and Momo with that married life. Also Naru fitting in with the rest of the programmer by laying down the law.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I still don't like Momo or Naru.

Also Umiko is still the best.

joined May 10, 2015

Umiko gonna need to teach her about punishment for design changes.
Then the four of them can go on a couples date to airsoft.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Shinozaki needs to really focus on her core competence, sexually initiating young new employees, here. Why does she feel the need to direct everything?

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

Naru x Momo yessssssssss!

joined Mar 22, 2017

Very cute episode for new character. MomoXNaru Yayyy.
But they will never surpass Aoba and Hifumi as my best girl.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I don't care what anyone says. I like both of the newbies.

Approved! I also like BOTH of the newbies. XD

Their personality is pretty rought, and they're obviously there for forced yuri bait. But at the end of the day, don't we all like to have different types of personalities in the manga, as well as come here specifically for yuri bait?

It could be much worse. They could arrive on day 1 and instalty one-up all other established characters. You know... kind of like what Aoba did to Kou in a year.

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

exercise eh? only one of you didn't specify which kind....

joined Mar 22, 2017

That line though. It's taste better if you make it, Naru So sweeeet and obviously yuri bait. :3

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

going to be honest if a new trainee started telling me "no" when ask to do their job and tried to guilt me in not making her do it man i would lose it...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

venom posted:

going to be honest if a new trainee started telling me "no" when ask to do their job and tried to guilt me in not making her do it man i would lose it...

As they say "Do it right the first time so you won't have to do it again" because is your responsibility to give the right orders when there's a schedule to follow.

Of course, in this kind of work, making and remaking is to be expected, like how Aoba and Kou have a pile of rejected concepts, is too early for Naru to feel overworked, I wonder if she can handle the days with extra hours that comes later.

Divalshfgd_400x400
joined Jan 18, 2017

Little bit of fanservice from Momo. Who know she was such an exabitionist? It's interesting how fast the show itself is moving. The anime has almost completely caught up to the manga I've been reading on here.

joined May 23, 2015

It could be much worse. They could arrive on day 1 and instalty one-up all other established characters. You know... kind of like what Aoba did to Kou in a year.

To be fair, Aoba did that mostly out of luck, accidentally forgetting to remove an image she'd done as a bit of playing around. And it's a bit difficult to call it one-upping Kou, as she would never have been able to get her designs through in the final competition without Kou helping with them. If Kou had ignored her and continued trying to come up with her own designs, Kou could likely have won.

And as a side note, whatever you may think of Hajime constantly adding to the work, Naru was needlessly passive-aggressive and condescending about it. Not a good attitude to take toward your direct supervisor when you're a provisional employee.

And remember that Hajime is new to that kind of work, too. It's certainly her first time being fully in charge of something, and it may even be her first time working directly with the programmers. Of course she'll grope around a bit.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

But Naru didn't know that and she has to think about her own future. Hajime keep fumbling about, yeah, it's to be expected as she's new at this kind of work, but at the same time, Naru is tested as a prospective employee through that work. As she pointed out, there's no garantee she'll get the job unless she show she can do a good job. And if she can't keep the deadline everytime, her supervisor will certainly try to know why because delays happens already way too often in that line of work without adding to your staff someone who's incapable of keeping to them.

Naru has a rough way to explain it, yeah, but she does make a valid point here : keeping on redoing her work will cause delays that she'll have to explain if she ever want to get hired on top of not painting a nice picture of her (which might get her stuck as a slow worker in the higher up mind, which can be hard to turn over as people tend to stick to first impressions). Making sure people know this is not because of her own lack of skill but frequent change in the features is actually best for her. She may be new and a trainee, it's not her job to get the blame for Hajime's fumbling around.

Sure, she could have gone nicer about it, but we already have Aoba as the "always nice" character, even in some way Nene on the programming team, so it adds a bit more variety to the cast, which is always nice.

joined May 23, 2015

Trying to pick fights with every single person you've worked with so far is not really what I would call very forward-thinking.

In truth, all Naru really cares about at the company is her own image, and fuck anything that might make her look bad.

Except she's so singlemindedly obsessed with it that she kinda loses sight of what would actually make her look good.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Of course, in this kind of work, making and remaking is to be expected, like how Aoba and Kou have a pile of rejected concepts, is too early for Naru to feel overworked, I wonder if she can handle the days with extra hours that comes later.

But it's not about being overworked, it's the fact that it makes her look bad not finishing on time and therefore may affect her being hired after her 3 month internship.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Trying to pick fights with every single person you've worked with so far is not really what I would call very forward-thinking.

In truth, all Naru really cares about at the company is her own image, and fuck anything that might make her look bad.

Except she's so singlemindedly obsessed with it that she kinda loses sight of what would actually make her look good.

So far, she just feels annoyed with Nene's "casual" way of getting in the team, which can be understood considering Nene's reason to get into programming is "hey, it looked fun !" and it really looks like she got in because she's friends with Umiko. And with Hajime, it doesn't feel like she has any actual beef with her, just doesn't like the fact she keep have her redo her task over and over again instead of taking the time to properly plan it, risking her to look bad for not keeping up deadlines and thus putting her future employement at risk.

Naru sees an issue with the planing and game design that have a considerable impact on her work, she brings that issue up to talk about it, I don't really see an issue with that, except that her tone could be a little more gentle, yeah, but aside from that, she's not wrong, in my opinion. Sure, she could just shut up, be a nice little kohai and do as she's told, but then she'll miss the deadline and somebody with a much higher rank than Hajime would come and ask why she took ages to do that mini-game. At this point, either she'll take the blame and not get employed or she point out Hajime's fault and it's her that might get in trouble, especially if she didn't clean up her act by then. With that takl, Hajime did find out her way of doing things could be improve and already started with improving. In the long run, Naru bringin that issue up is certainly a positive thing.

And really, when you're in need of a job and have the opportunity to work in a field and place that interest you, you don't want to see that chance gone just because someone else doesn't do her job properly.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Think of it this way. If her 3 month review comes up, and all she has to show is a single minigame she reworked several times, she will need her supervisor to state she had to rework it due to new ideas coming up. Now if the supervisor decides to dodge blame for their own convenience, and claim all rework done was because of poor quality, then Naru could potentially be fired. Naru has been at the company for a couple weeks, so probably she doesn't know yet that Hajime is actually a lovable womanchild.
This actually happens. Ideally, companies expect teams to grow by having bosses teaching the job to those directly below them, so once the boss retires or gets promoted, said employee will get their old boss' place. In reality, some people with no aspirations or real chances to grow beyond their intermediate leadership fear losing their job to skilled newcomers, so purposely undermine them.

last edited at Aug 31, 2017 9:11AM

joined May 23, 2015

I think you're missing a key point here, though. This isn't a personal project given as a test like Nene's. This is a piece of work that is actually being put into the final game. That isn't the place to be trying to show off. Even if she turns in her work quickly, if the minigame itself ends up not being up to quality because she didn't want to make last minute changes and be late, that affects the image of the entire company.

Also, this is a programming team she is trying to get on. Being asked to make last-minute changes and working past the original deadline is basically their job description. What would actually impress them more? Turning in something early because you threw a fit over having to make changes? Or being able to handle those changes, even if it means being a bit later?

Plus, Hajime's not even involved in evaluating her job performance. Getting mad at her about it isn't going to achieve anything. Naru should really have been consulting with Umiko about how she's been asked to make modifications that could push the deadline. But that would look like she's complaining, affecting her image with the one person who actually matters.

Also, getting annoyed at people is fine, but acting all petty and catty because of it is not proper workplace conduct. That's high school conduct. In the workplace, no matter how much you hate someone, you still have to work with them, so you should at least act cordial. Those kinds f workplace feuds can seriously affect productivity.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Shizuku already steering poor Hajime down the dark path of Feature Creep lel

To reply you must either login or sign up.