joined Sep 6, 2016

damn, feel a bit bad for Sayaka's ex.

hope she pops up again in the future.

Why though?

Yes why indeed?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

To give Sayaka a plot arc independent from Touko and Yuu.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

+1

A lot of ppl say they ship Sayaka and Touko but tbh, I don't see how Touko won't hurt Sayaka just as badly, or most likely, worse.
The reason Yuu/Touko seems kinda "eeh" is cus like, it's based on something selfish/kinda fucked up isn't it? I can't see Touko loving Sayaka, but if she were to love her for more or less the same reasons she loves Yuu, it'd probs be worse, because Sayaka is pretty much head over heels for her, and is fully conscious of it. I think her feelings are like, more... prominent than what Yuu is starting to feel?
If the series had been about Sayaka and Touko, if Touko didn't reciprocate, it would have just been one of those angsty, one sided love stories and everyone would have been like (。•́︿•̀。)
If Touko somehow loved Sayaka for similar reasons and put her in the same situation of stalemate in which Sayaka can't make it known that she reciprocates, I'd say that people would be like (╯。•́︿•̀。)╯︵ ┻━┻

I feel like the main "problem" in the equation really is Touko herself. In a way, I understand her character and I see what she means, so I'm not too harsh on her, but man, it's still really feelsbad concerning those around her.
I don't think Touko could ever make Sayaka happy, in the way Sayaka wants from her. It'd be best if she could find what she's looking for, without Touko in the picture.

A friend mentioned that the trollest would be for Yuu and Sayaka to get together lmao
That makes me wonder, how Touko owuld feel, if Yuu would, and was able to love another. I wonder if she'd be jealous, heartbroken, or if she'd possibly lose interest just as easily as it was hinted she would, if Yuu were to love her. Because what she liked about Yuu, was her kindness for being unable to love, right? Even if it's not her that Yuu is "shackling", she'd still be loving someone.
It won't happen, but I'm just wondering.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

+1

A lot of ppl say they ship Sayaka and Touko but tbh, I don't see how Touko won't hurt Sayaka just as badly, or most likely, worse.
The reason Yuu/Touko seems kinda "eeh" is cus like, it's based on something selfish/kinda fucked up isn't it? I can't see Touko loving Sayaka, but if she were to love her for more or less the same reasons she loves Yuu, it'd probs be worse, because Sayaka is pretty much head over heels for her, and is fully conscious of it. I think her feelings are like, more... prominent than what Yuu is starting to feel?
If the series had been about Sayaka and Touko, if Touko didn't reciprocate, it would have just been one of those angsty, one sided love stories and everyone would have been like (。•́︿•̀。)
If Touko somehow loved Sayaka for similar reasons and put her in the same situation of stalemate in which Sayaka can't make it known that she reciprocates, I'd say that people would be like (╯。•́︿•̀。)╯︵ ┻━┻

I feel like the main "problem" in the equation really is Touko herself. In a way, I understand her character and I see what she means, so I'm not too harsh on her, but man, it's still really feelsbad concerning those around her.
I don't think Touko could ever make Sayaka happy, in the way Sayaka wants from her. It'd be best if she could find what she's looking for, without Touko in the picture.

A friend mentioned that the trollest would be for Yuu and Sayaka to get together lmao
That makes me wonder, how Touko owuld feel, if Yuu would, and was able to love another. I wonder if she'd be jealous, heartbroken, or if she'd possibly lose interest just as easily as it was hinted she would, if Yuu were to love her. Because what she liked about Yuu, was her kindness for being unable to love, right? Even if it's not her that Yuu is "shackling", she'd still be loving someone.
It won't happen, but I'm just wondering.

The thing I don't like most about Touko is that she makes everything centered around her. She uses Yuu to "charge her batteries" and get a thrill out of this feeling of "love" that she has never been able to experience before. Touko chose Yuu because Yuu doesn't have the same expectations of Touko as everyone else does and because Yuu doesn't know how to fall in love either. Touko doesn't seem like the type that takes other people into consideration though. I mean, the way she sweet talks Sayaka in one of the earlier chapters during the presidential campaign kind of rubbed off the wrong way for me.

I agree that Touko is essentially the "obstacle" in the story. While Sayaka and Yuu are both more or less in love with Touko, it seems like Touko has her eyes set on self-improvement. In Yuu's case, one could argue that Touko is under the impression that Yuu would never fall in love with her, so it's not Touko's fault if she doesn't catch on. However, Touko doesn't really take the time to look at other people. She doesn't bother to watch Sayaka and she often does things on a whim whenever she feels like it. Although Touko insists otherwise, it almost feels like Sayaka is always chasing after her rather than standing by her side as an equal. Touko is always one step ahead of everyone else, but never bothers to look behind her.

last edited at Nov 5, 2016 6:22PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

^
And I love it. It's selfish, and cruel, and everyone is just so complex and different and I love it. I want to see what they become, how they interact now, compared to after they've grown.
I'm not really adding anything to your point, I agree with you, but the main thing I'm feeling right now is just fascination. Sure Touko can easily be antagonized, she's arguably the most antagonistic character, in a way. She's the one in people's way to be "happy", with or without her, but in a way, from my pov, no one is really dislikable. In each of their ways, they just all want to be happy. It's just that sometimes, they want want/need another person to be a part of it, to achieve it perhaps. And I just can't bring myself to really blame any of them, for wanting different things.
Especially Touko lmfao, goddamn, she has such specific, difficult criteria. It was possibly sweet at first, but we can see that it's starting to really fuck Yuu up, which isn't very desirable, but hnng it's just so interesting tho
Hopefully it's a story with a "happy end", I want to see them all grow, Yuu embrace possible feelings, Touko become sincerely considerate and "looking behind", as you say.
But you know, I'm not sure why we/I didn't see this coming, Touko turning out to be selfish/have a twisted/unusual reason behind her "love". Instantly "falling" for someone after realising that they're "kind" for never having loved, there's something kinda troubling about that, no? Maybe for the sake of not wanting to worry about it, but I hesitate sometimes, does Touko really love Yuu?

It's interesting that at first, you'd think that this would be about how Yuu possibly comes to love Touko, but in reality, it's possible that it's [also] about how Touko comes to actually love Yuu.
Potential, potential, so many questions.
"Bloom into You". Who does the title really refer to? Is it limited to only one character?

Gudako%20profile
joined Nov 9, 2015

Sassayaka is one of my favorite things about this now.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

^
And I love it. It's selfish, and cruel, and everyone is just so complex and different and I love it. I want to see what they become, how they interact now, compared to after they've grown.
I'm not really adding anything to your point, I agree with you, but the main thing I'm feeling right now is just fascination. Sure Touko can easily be antagonized, she's arguably the most antagonistic character, in a way. She's the one in people's way to be "happy", with or without her, but in a way, from my pov, no one is really dislikable. In each of their ways, they just all want to be happy. It's just that sometimes, they want want/need another person to be a part of it, to achieve it perhaps. And I just can't bring myself to really blame any of them, for wanting different things.
Especially Touko lmfao, goddamn, she has such specific, difficult criteria. It was possibly sweet at first, but we can see that it's starting to really fuck Yuu up, which isn't very desirable, but hnng it's just so interesting tho
Hopefully it's a story with a "happy end", I want to see them all grow, Yuu embrace possible feelings, Touko become sincerely considerate and "looking behind", as you say.
But you know, I'm not sure why we/I didn't see this coming, Touko turning out to be selfish/have a twisted/unusual reason behind her "love". Instantly "falling" for someone after realising that they're "kind" for never having loved, there's something kinda troubling about that, no? Maybe for the sake of not wanting to worry about it, but I hesitate sometimes, does Touko really love Yuu?

It's interesting that at first, you'd think that this would be about how Yuu possibly comes to love Touko, but in reality, it's possible that it's [also] about how Touko comes to actually love Yuu.
Potential, potential, so many questions.
"Bloom into You". Who does the title really refer to? Is it limited to only one character?

I have doubts about Touko's "love" for Yuu. I haven't really seen any traces of care and consideration from Touko's side. She turned their relationship into an all-take-no-give one, and even if her excuse is that she would never expect Yuu to fall in love with her, their friendship feels like it's walking on a tightrope right now. Basically every good relationship/friendship needs both parties to respect each other equally and it has to be give-and-take.

I also really enjoy this series because everyone is so different. The story and how it's executed are both really good. I think Touko is very well-written as a character and I don't dislike her place in the story, nor do I hate how she is being portrayed. However, as a person, I'm not a big fan of hers. As in, if I ever met someone similar to her in real life, I would have mixed feelings about them, so that's my stance on Touko.

Also, I saw a post maybe a couple months ago about how this story could very well be about Yuu coming to understand what the feeling of love is like by being with Touko, but she later directs those feelings to someone else because Touko would never come around. I think that would be an interesting twist to what we've seen up until now, haha.

joined Oct 29, 2016

Why though?

Yes why indeed?

mmm... probably because she's more silly than malicious, but still rustles Sayaka's jimmies.

could end up being interesting?

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Also, I saw a post maybe a couple months ago about how this story could very well be about Yuu coming to understand what the feeling of love is like by being with Touko, but she later directs those feelings to someone else because Touko would never come around. I think that would be an interesting twist to what we've seen up until now, haha.

Wouldn't mind that as an ending tbh. Like you said, Touko is way too self-centered to notice or even care about Yuu's feelings at this point. She almost went fucking mental when Yuu said that she was happy with Touko's company. Still, i think she's going to go through some character development to became a better person for Yuu. At least thats what my yuri loving heart hopes.

Why though?

Yes why indeed?

mmm... probably because she's more silly than malicious, but still rustles Sayaka's jimmies.

I was asking why you felt bad for her, she was a little rude towards Sayaka by implying that her sexuality is some kind of disease. Other than that, i agree, i want to see that senpai in the future. Could be interesting to see her still being interested in girls, but made those comments to Sayaka because she believed Sayaka was just going along with her instead of actually liking her.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 1:17AM

joined Oct 29, 2016

Why though?

Yes why indeed?

I was asking why you felt bad for her, she was a little rude towards Sayaka by implying that her sexuality is some kind of disease.

whoops, my bad.

I think what you mentioned is what makes me feel bad for her. She's clearly not a evil human being or anything, but thinks very differently, leading her to call out and apologize for something she thinks is wrong (even though to us its pretty much what we're here for).

...nah to be honest its probably because she got so much hate on the previous pages on this forum when honestly all she does is have a different view

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

whoops, my bad.

I think what you mentioned is what makes me feel bad for her. She's clearly not a evil human being or anything, but thinks very differently, leading her to call out and apologize for something she thinks is wrong (even though to us its pretty much what we're here for).

...nah to be honest its probably because she got so much hate on the previous pages on this forum when honestly all she does is have a different view

I think the issue here is that she was the reason Sayaka discovered that she liked girls, so for her to came out and say "Hey, i'm sorry for making you go out with me in the past, it was a mistake because you were normal before, so i hope you're back to being normal because if you still like girls its because i infected you with some disease." Thats a pretty rude thing to say to someone who realized something thanks to that experience, even if its not meanspirited, it still comes off as a bitchy thing to say.

joined Oct 29, 2016

hmm, makes sense.

From the senpai's point of view though, she doesn't seem to be aware of how Sayaka feels. Maybe she doesn't know she's being rude?

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

3p ending maybe?

I really liked this special, I can't believe I could dislike a character so soon after introduction.

I always support 3p resolutions to love triangles and they never happen.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

majere posted:

3p ending maybe?

I really liked this special, I can't believe I could dislike a character so soon after introduction.

I always support 3p resolutions to love triangles and they never happen.

Never say never.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Wouldn't mind that as an ending tbh. Like you said, Touko is way too self-centered to notice or even care about Yuu's feelings at this point. She almost went fucking mental when Yuu said that she was happy with Touko's company. Still, i think she's going to go through some character development to became a better person for Yuu. At least thats what my yuri loving heart hopes.

Yeah, it bothers me that Touko probably considers their whole relationship as just another fun thing to experience for the sake of her own growth. Touko really gives me this "company president" feeling with her popularity status and how she behaves around other people, haha.

And I mean, one of the best parts about falling in love with someone (whether it's reciprocated or not) is that it sometimes motivates you to further improve yourself.

Ahh, but I really can't see how Touko could become less self-centered with their current circumstances. Again, as it is right now, Touko always picks the actions that benefit herself the most with very little consideration of other people (e.g. when she picked Yuu over Sayaka for the campaign). It seems kind of hard to change that selfish way of thinking.

But hey, if Touko can actually come around and truly love Yuu instead of use her for the thrill of the chase, I think it would be great. What I'm really afraid of is if Touko suddenly loses interest in Yuu, because it seems entirely possible based on her nature.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Everyone above is speculating on how Touko actually feels. We are watching this from Yuu's perspective, that means it's already biased. I'm not disagreeing that Touko is self centered at times, but she is not wholly self centered. She does panic when Yuu pulls back from the french kiss and ask if she's gone too far. There are other times when she's been very kind towards Yuu, as well. But I feel I'm hardly able to make sense of her feelings until we get her story, her /real/ story.

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Wait what..? I didnt really understand what was going on on that one special chapter why does it look like a scene from the future?

joined Sep 21, 2014

Everyone above is speculating on how Touko actually feels. We are watching this from Yuu's perspective, that means it's already biased. I'm not disagreeing that Touko is self centered at times, but she is not wholly self centered. She does panic when Yuu pulls back from the french kiss and ask if she's gone too far. There are other times when she's been very kind towards Yuu, as well. But I feel I'm hardly able to make sense of her feelings until we get her story, her /real/ story.

Well, I don't think she's that self centered, but admittedly, most of what she's done is cus it benefits her too.
You could say that she was considerate, when she pulled back from the kiss, but ofc, it could also be interpreted as fear. "Oh shit, if I went too far, Yuu won't let me do this anymore." Like ofc, it's pretty normal, but it isn't her being exceptional kind or anything, it's just a normal thing to do.
I don't think she's that selfish, and like we've seen her be nice, but like... it's not like there isn't other motivations for her to be nice I guess? idk tbh
If Yuu is nice, because she gives and doesn't take, then idk about Touko, because in a way she gives, but she also takes a lot from Yuu.
I've had conversations on Touko's selfishness before, but I always sort of forget exactly why is she considered to be that selfish, as opposed to how people usually are

Wait what..? I didnt really understand what was going on on that one special chapter why does it look like a scene from the future?

Just a random chapter, about Sayaka meeting up with Touko to hang out. The timeline isn't specified, but it's not really important, just a random day

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 7:07PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Well, I don't think she's that self centered, but admittedly, most of what she's done is cus it benefits her too.
You could say that she was considerate, when she pulled back from the kiss, but ofc, it could also be interpreted as fear. "Oh shit, if I went too far, Yuu won't let me do this anymore." Like ofc, it's pretty normal, but it isn't her being exceptional kind or anything, it's just a normal thing to do.
I don't think she's that selfish, and like we've seen her be nice, but like... it's not like there isn't other motivations for her to be nice I guess? idk tbh
If Yuu is nice, because she gives and doesn't take, then idk about Touko, because in a way she gives, but she also takes a lot from Yuu.
I've had conversations on Touko's selfishness before, but I always sort of forget exactly why is she considered to be that selfish, as opposed to how people usually are

Touko is weird, all the things she does with Yuu almost implies that she wants to have a normal relationship with her but at the same time she doesn't want Yuu to show feelings for her. Thats kinda selfish imo, its like dragging your partner to a place they didn't want to go in the 1st place, but you desperately wanted to visit and you forbid your partner of complaining or even showing displeasure because otherwise you'll get mad.

Export202302260649425010
joined Jul 6, 2016
Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

Touko is weird, all the things she does with Yuu almost implies that she wants to have a normal relationship with her but at the same time she doesn't want Yuu to show feelings for her. Thats kinda selfish imo, its like dragging your partner to a place they didn't want to go in the 1st place, but you desperately wanted to visit and you forbid your partner of complaining or even showing displeasure because otherwise you'll get mad.

I know right? They are acting more than friends but not yet lovers. Thats a very frustrating position maybe Yuu could just forbid any kind of intimate gesture that way Yuu could save herself from heartache and knock some sense into Touko's brain that she is doing something very cruel to Yuu :/

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^^ Apparently a short crossover between YagaKimi and "Happy Sugar Life", sold for a day at Animate, Gamers, Toranoana and Melonbooks.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

^^ Apparently a short crossover between YagaKimi and "Happy Sugar Life", sold for a day at Animate, Gamers, Toranoana and Melonbooks.

Weird combination that one.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Pfft, I mean, both stories are about the MCs hiding some sort of secret that prevent them from living happily ever after with their respective partners :^)

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Pfft, I mean, both stories are about the MCs hiding some sort of secret that prevent them from living happily ever after with their respective partners :^)

True. The only difference is that one of them likes to hide those things in plastic bags 0﹏0

To reply you must either login or sign up.