Forum › Gakkou Gurashi! discussion

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I have a feeling Kurumi's still going to turn, that the "cure" was just a treatment.

Yes, too many mentions of her hand being cold :| And then she hid the gun from the rest. But Miki taking the gun from her could also have been important because Rii had shown signs of a mental breakdown and at least hinted at wanting to off herself.

It's really addictive. I meant to just read the first chapters, now I've read all the released chapters and the sun is coming up. I wasn't expecting anything at all, after reading the rest of HotD-manga just for completeness' sake. Good storytelling, choice of characters and both grim and hopeful.

The only thing that wasn't really clear to me was (should be around ch.22)
how Megu-nee actually got bitten. She is only shown bitten and I figure that is when they were still clearing the first or second floor. What door was she trying to get into when she was overwhelmed?

Nightmare fuel:
Megu-nee was still herself for quite some time after the zombie urges had kicked in. She probably even recognized Kurumi and had to witness herself biting her and dooming her. She never finds out Kurumi was saved. This probably means that there are millions of people trapped inside bodies which killed their loved ones. The same would hold true to Kei, who is now probably roaming the school and will eventually stumble across Miki's message on the blackboard.

last edited at Jan 22, 2015 11:54PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

^
I want more of this series manga ;.; I hated High-School of the dead because I mean it was all fan service with side action... I felt at the beginning it had potential but it really sucked -.- it kind of made me hate Any knew anime about Zombies -.-
But this... this has so much story/plot, twists, psychological things, horror, and even the right type of comedy (not the type that gets you away from the actual story) but one which complements the story and adds you to care for the characters even more because every "fun" comment in this manga feels somewhat bittersweet, because we know the harsh truth of whats happening to these girls ;.; (I don't even mind the somewhat "moe" look to the girls, I think it fits them since after all THEY are young students ;.;)...At least they don't look like F....ing whores who are constantly showing their ass and boobs and stripping themselves while offering their body to a typical heram male character "who we all know, no matter how cool and collected he looks he just wants to bone every single one of them... because the fucking Anime animator and directors dont give a fuck about plot and story anymore its all about the damn fan service to satisfy some retards..." oh boy I over did it :( I apologize ;.; my rude side came out

ANYWAYS... THIS MANGA, IT REALLY MAKES YOU CARE FOR ALL THE CHARACTERS and that's a rare thing in most series ;.;. I love and feel for every single one of these girls ;.; and even Megu-Nee even if spoilers ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> we knew she was dead for half of chapters ;.;

last edited at Jan 23, 2015 12:09AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Please use == for spoilers. Sometimes people skim a text or just that one sentence catches their eye.

I too would be bummed if something major happened to one of the girls. Actually, I was on the edge of my seat in most of the chapters.

And it was great that a character who was dead early on played such an important role up to chapter 29. Goes to show how much work was put into coming up with the characters and their interactions.

last edited at Jan 22, 2015 11:54PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

^
how do you do that I actually dont know how to do it xD

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I did it for you. You can edit your post to see how.

last edited at Jan 23, 2015 12:09AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

^
Thank you! :D

Cat10
joined Dec 30, 2014

Chapter 1 knee pads, these are much sexier than the school girl uniforms. Gakkou Gurashi.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

The wait on new chapters for this manga is so deadly. Can't wait for the anime to come out though.

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

Wwwoooooooow nya OwO, that realy somthing , i love this mangaaanyaaaaa >+< its so aweshome!! >w<

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

Why. Why am I doing this to myself. I know I get emotionally attached and take things to heart. So why.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

Read first chapter and it GOT me! Didn't expect that ending, which made me read it all almost in one-go. WANT MOAR! Dx

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Wow, this is really good. The SoL-ish side of this really helps on the Character development and getting attatched to them, find myself actually caring for what is going on here, thats rare.

Having most of it from the view of Yuki makes it quite brilliant, the flickering between what she sees and reality. Usually when they are on a safe area (or moment) we see everything clean and lively, but when they have to deal with what is actually out there it shows the level of decay that the world they live in actually is in. Keeps the brooding atmosphere mostly as an undercurrent instead of all over your face, the flickering between them is enough to remind you of that.

I am impressed, and this is getting an anime? NICE!

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

This is both amazing and depressing. Very well executed for what it is.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

I love this manga so much.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Oooo~ it gives the same creepy feels as high school of the dead x3 I am loving this!

Please High School of the dead was only fanservice. Don't even start comparing them, it's making me sad :(

Unless you read the manga, in which case its fanservice and the authors political opinions.
Though what did you expect when the manga artist (different guy from the author mentioned above) is a former hentai artist and the director of the anime stated he was deliberately trying to make a show his inner teenage boy would want to buy?

Thiaguinho-sama
My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

The hype. . .it's real. . .and I'm not prepared for it!

joined Mar 23, 2013

The hype. . .it's real. . .and I'm not prepared for it!

The newest chapters are cray cray.

Untitled
joined Aug 14, 2014

This is crazy yall. Love it. Depressing and captivating.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

The latest chapters delivered.

Shadowring123
joined Feb 19, 2011

I kept going "Please give them this...They need something POSITIVE!"

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

It annoys how "outsiders" are treated. The guy in the helicopter and the radio girl, they were dropped as if they were nothing. It's very underwhelming and leaves more questions than answers, in a bad way. Though, the story is still great.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I was rather bummed about radio girl, too, but their being too late to save her prompted Rii-san to insist on going to the elementary school as quickly as possible.

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

minna, do you see?
The little girl look exactly as the teddy bear in panels before

To reply you must either login or sign up.