Forum › Gakkou Gurashi! discussion

Profile_picture_by_revolpe-d7ojz00
joined Apr 1, 2013

Just saw the anime today. I cried at the ending of the first fucking episode. Remembered that I was subscribed to the Zombies tag and kept getting notifs of this. I'm going to start reading it. ohgodmybodyisready

EDIT: Just caught up... MYYYYY GOOOODDDD. Fucking great!! The way the anime did it was really good I think because not many people know about the manga. So the way the anime does it is it gets you instantly hooked at the ending of the first episode because it's just a "WOAH WTF! WTF?! WTFFF" and makes you just wanna know more and hopefully check out the manga, I'm speaking from the view of someone who went in just thinking this was gonna be just another cute, moe humurous anime and knew absolutely nothing of this manga.

Also I'm gonna go against everyone and say that that little girl is in fact Yuuri's lil sis. I just don't see the bear and little girl looking similiar in anyway and everyone else reacted normally to her too!

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 4:25PM

Tumblr_inline_o0jzypbfvb1tn11th_540_1452229079373
joined Jun 5, 2015

I watch the anime before read this manga.. it's just dark..
this' so cruel for them.. T_T

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

I hope the anime gets some of the better scenes from the manga (shovel-girl's "small" dilemma, maybe a flashback with the mall, when they leave the school), things are already lopsided regarding the dog and the teacher in the anime...

I was so confused...

and this is more of a personal thing, but i love the look in their eyes when they lost all hope

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I hope the anime gets some of the better scenes from the manga (shovel-girl's "small" dilemma, maybe a flashback with the mall, when they leave the school), things are already lopsided regarding the dog and the teacher in the anime...

I was so confused...

and this is more of a personal thing, but i love the look in their eyes when they lost all hope

The dog sure, but Megu-nee was played almost exactly like she was in the manga. This is clearly after the point where she died. None of the characters ever directly react to anything she says or does except Yuki. They never even acknowledge her presence except when Yuki mentions it. If you remember, there were several chapters of the manga following her death where she was Yuki's hallucination/split-personality.

last edited at Jul 20, 2015 8:55PM

joined Jul 23, 2015

For fellow manta reader of the anime here is chap 36 and 37 spoiler for the anime but hope for the manga readers!!!!
mangapark link removed

last edited at Jul 27, 2015 11:26PM

joined Jul 23, 2015

Just saw the anime today. I cried at the ending of the first fucking episode. Remembered that I was subscribed to the Zombies tag and kept getting notifs of this. I'm going to start reading it. ohgodmybodyisready

EDIT: Just caught up... MYYYYY GOOOODDDD. Fucking great!! The way the anime did it was really good I think because not many people know about the manga. So the way the anime does it is it gets you instantly hooked at the ending of the first episode because it's just a "WOAH WTF! WTF?! WTFFF" and makes you just wanna know more and hopefully check out the manga, I'm speaking from the view of someone who went in just thinking this was gonna be just another cute, moe humurous anime and knew absolutely nothing of this manga.

Also I'm gonna go against everyone and say that that little girl is in fact Yuuri's lil sis. I just don't see the bear and little girl looking similiar in anyway and everyone else reacted normally to her too!

Actually ==I confirm that it was a bear seeing the reaction of mii and ku that it was clearly a teddy bear and confirmed in the chap 36=

mangapark link removed here is the link

last edited at Jul 27, 2015 11:26PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Actually ==I confirm that it was a bear seeing the reaction of mii and ku that it was clearly a teddy bear and confirmed in the chap 36=

mangapark link removed here is the link

You are missing one = at the end there, for spoiler bar.

It indeed is the teddy bear... like c'mon she has all the features the teddy has. ch36 it is clear that the guy shot at her cuz she did not drop her (teddy bear) when they told them to drop everything they had... not to mention that it's clearly the teddy she is hugging during that scene on her bed.

last edited at Jul 27, 2015 11:25PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

It indeed is the teddy bear... like c'mon she has all the features the teddy has. ch36 it is clear that the guy shot at her cuz she did not drop her (teddy bear) when they told them to drop everything they had... not to mention that it's clearly the teddy she is hugging during that scene on her bed.

Well I'm not surprised, it was too easy to find her little sister, I'm starting to wonder, all girls will become crazy eventually? Maybe after one becomes a zombie? And we already know who might become one... I'm the only one that feels that those girls on ch 37 are cannibals? The way those two guys didn't want to mess with them...

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

This seems like a twisted mess of a show lol. I'll have the watch an ep. If it's as creepy and messed up as Another, i might like it.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Up to manga chapter 35 (to spare the spoiler for anime audiences)

I know it's very very very obvious. But after watched the anime, and read recent manga chapters again....:

Yuki has graduated from Megu-nee, didn't she? Like i means she was real sharp before, but she always has credited it to Megu-nee persona. Now we see the actual Yuki with her full package.

She still struggle pretending through, probably not to change the status quo with others. But I think she gonna be the key to save Yuuri from her obviously teddy bear illusion. (Imeans Miki and Kurumi reaction in ch 35 surely was unnatural).But Yuki was still splaying along, probably because she know better how to help Yuuri than others

last edited at Jul 23, 2015 6:12PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

It's a little more disturbing because Yuki thinks everything is normal lol.

I have to wonder though, how people reacted to this manga when they first read it without knowing anything about it's zombie setting. :P

last edited at Jul 23, 2015 7:10PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Well I'm not surprised, it was too easy to find her little sister, I'm starting to wonder, all girls will become crazy eventually? Maybe after one becomes a zombie? And we already know who might become one... I'm the only one that feels that those girls on ch 37 are cannibals? The way those two guys didn't want to mess with them...

some freaking left for dead shit going !! which I love!!

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Left For Dead? Don't you mean The Walking Dead?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well I'm not surprised, it was too easy to find her little sister, I'm starting to wonder, all girls will become crazy eventually?

Eh, Rii had shown signs of being unstable much earlier

== I'm the only one that feels that those girls on ch 37 are cannibals? The way those two guys didn't want to mess with them...==

Well, there's almost certainly something wrong there. Cannibalism seems like it'd be ineffective in the setting, though

I have to wonder though, how people reacted to this manga when they first read it without knowing anything about it's zombie setting. :P

Speaking for myself, it was something like "Ohhh, this is interesting~"

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Left For Dead? Don't you mean The Walking Dead?

bahahahahahaha yes oh my god jeeeeeeessss I had a major flip there lmao
Also something that i want to point out in this ep that they might of not shown in the manga is how Yuki (in megu-nee's ep) Yuki seem to not be liked by the students of her class or more of she seemed to be made fun off? Could it be that her life wasnt that stable even before the zombie thing happened. because it shows that she was somehow disconnected from her fellow peers. This actually brings me to even feel more sorry for this child ;.; the hell my heart hurts even more.

last edited at Jul 23, 2015 8:13PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Well I'm not surprised, it was too easy to find her little sister, I'm starting to wonder, all girls will become crazy eventually?

Yeah, we already have one crazy, Rii started to get crazy and the teddy bear shows she finally lost it, but what about the other girls, will they have the same fate? Maybe even worse?

I'm the only one that feels that those girls on ch 37 are cannibals? The way those two guys didn't want to mess with them...

Well, there's almost certainly something wrong there. Cannibalism seems like it'd be ineffective in the setting, though

True, maybe those two guys work with the three girls and they will ask if the main characters want to join their big happy family and help repopulate earth when things get better, and if they don't accept, well, we already know how this kind of thing goes... I'm expecting things will get a lot more dark with time.

Maybe Ushio, that could explain why she was the first to get crazy, if her life was already bad maybe she would get crazy anyway, the apocalypse just made it happen sooner.

last edited at Jul 23, 2015 8:41PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Also something that i want to point out in this ep that they might of not shown in the manga is how Yuki (in megu-nee's ep) Yuki seem to not be liked by the students of her class or more of she seemed to be made fun off? Could it be that her life wasnt that stable even before the zombie thing happened. because it shows that she was somehow disconnected from her fellow peers.

Yes, that is unique to the anime. I feel like the anime is probably going to focus more on what's up with Yuki than the manga does

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Does anyone else notice in chapter 37 these new girls seem oddly fixated on Rii?. Kind of makes me wonder if they are going to play the Rii was actually the only survivor and the other girls are her split personalities card, but I doubt the mangaka would be THAT cruel. Right? Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Also, with this new episode, it looks like the anime might be canonizing YukixMiki. I'm not sure how to feel about that as I always prefered MikixKurumi. At least there will be yuri.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Yeah, we already have one crazy, Rii started to get crazy and the teddy bear shows she finally lost it, but what about the other girls, will they have the same fate? Maybe even worse?

I'm the only one that feels that those girls on ch 37 are cannibals? The way those two guys didn't want to mess with them...

True, maybe those two guys work with the three girls and they will ask if the main characters want to join their big happy family and help repopulate earth when things get better, and if they don't accept, well, we already know how this kind of thing goes... I'm expecting things will get a lot more dark with time.

I'd prefer is they don't do the "overly-friendly-facade but actually cannibals" trope, and instead go for more psychological or even a simple rivalry between survivor groups.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Also, with this new episode, it looks like the anime might be canonizing YukixMiki. I'm not sure how to feel about that as I always prefered MikixKurumi. At least there will be yuri.

Kurumi feels more like a big sister...
Also Miki clearly has a crush on Yuki on the manga, slight subtext on the anime so far.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I'd prefer is they don't do the "overly-friendly-facade but actually cannibals" trope, and instead go for more psychological or even a simple rivalry between survivor groups.

That would be nice too, it's always cannibals, rapists or cannibal rapist, maybe those girls are crazy and have some zombies with them and think they're normal people, and if someone does something to those zombies they kill the person, or maybe they use people to feed a zombie that was someone they knew, so many possibilities, but I agree that it'll be better if the manga stay more on psychological drama instead of going The Moe Walking Dead.

Kurumi feels more like a big sister...
Also Miki clearly has a crush on Yuki on the manga, slight subtext on the anime so far.

Normally I would not expect yuri in a non-yuri manga, but I think it's possible but for more drama, one of them is bitten or die, or is kidnaped by some guys, there's a lot of drama that could happen with Yuki x Miki or Kurumi x Miki.

last edited at Jul 23, 2015 10:17PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Does anyone else notice in chapter 37 these new girls seem oddly fixated on Rii?. Kind of makes me wonder if they are going to play the Rii was actually the only survivor and the other girls are her split personalities card, but I doubt the mangaka would be THAT cruel. Right? Maybe I'm just paranoid.

...I can't say it's impossible, but I don't think it's very likely

The blushing was a bit eyebrow-raising, but it's still too early to say that Yuki x Mii is anime canon. And, if it helps, the manga has been emphasizing Kurumi and Mii's relationship lately

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I think she survived too long to be alone, would she get that far without the other girls? If they're really fixated on her must be for other reasons.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Oh, it's very unlikely. The fact that they were all visible through the binoculars was a major point against. But it may end up getting heavily hinted at as a troll from the author.

The blushing was a bit eyebrow-raising, but it's still too early to say that Yuki x Mii is anime canon. And, if it helps, the manga has been emphasizing Kurumi and Mii's relationship lately.

It's mainly those recent chapters that made me like KurumixMiki. Miki has seemed rather happy around Yuki, but it seems like she has a deeper relationship with Kurumi right now. Yuki's issues seem to limit any relationship progression. Though she does seem to be slowly recovering now.

last edited at Jul 23, 2015 10:27PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Chapter 10 they pass a sign that read River City, and the first thing I thought of was Raccoon City lol.

Just finished all the current episodes, and I think the anime is somehow more depressing than the manga. The first ep was interesting though, how they didnt show reality until near the end.

last edited at Jul 24, 2015 4:57PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.