Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So the next Sonic game is basically Generations 2, i'm perfectly fine with that!!

All one people

Good luck

There was more people in the lobby but they were busy hitting eachother and stuff

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

So the next Sonic game is basically Generations 2, i'm perfectly fine with that!!

Don't forget Sonic mania. Also, yay! I'm not sick anymore!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Don't forget Sonic mania. Also, yay! I'm not sick anymore!

Yeh, it's been 5 years since the last time i felt good about being a Sonic fan

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I'm about to play Soma for the first time, anyone played it?

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I'm about to play Soma for the first time, anyone played it?

I did, I like it a lot though prefer amnesia due to personal biases of Fantasy>Sci-Fi

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Yakuza 6 will be the last game featuring Kazuma Kiryu
A part of me feels really sad about this, but man am i ready! Can't wait to put my hands on this when it's localized in about 7 years

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Deus Ex guys made a humorous video about the franchise's name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW9cmARl8uk

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

btw Fuguriya has uploaded a bunch of SonoHana official art on pixiv. It's not new, I just forgot to post it earlier.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Would you buy a game for 2000$?!

last edited at Jul 31, 2016 5:30AM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

What the fuck... well if you have the money, I guess? But that one doesn't seem to be worth it. I don't think I personally would ever spend 2000 bucks on just one thing.

joined Jun 12, 2015

This is the second copy of No Man's Sky which sold over 1000$. Well, some fans will do everything to play the game first when the rest of us still have to wait two weeks for game launch..

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I can see paying that much for say, an unopened Dragon Warrior or Super Mario Bros cart, given they'd be super rare. Not for anything current though.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Game made by 1 developer
Looks amazing.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Nintendo may have forgotten about Metroids anniversary but one fan certainly didn't

Also, lets lament what could have been.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Nintendo may have forgotten about Metroids anniversary but one fan certainly didn't

oh SHIT!

last edited at Aug 7, 2016 11:18AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

AM2R so fun, is like playing metroid 2 with zero mission controls. I just blew up the 1st gamma metroid how do I get that pick up?! and bomb jumping is so easy here, I got a little mad with power and almost skipped the high jump boots.
I'm happy it's finally out.

Series: SB69 Pairing: Cheety x Lyna pixiv1 pixiv2

I like the new "make your own hello kitty" mini game thing.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Also, lets lament what could have been.

Nintendo sent a C&D
A touch too late mind but seriously fuck off nintendo, they were in no danger of losing the trademark as federation force is coming out soon, they were simply being dicks about it.
That and Capcom and Sega already showed off the alternative: make the fan game official.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

on the note of fan-made games: ppl just cannot keep quiet when they are making fan-remake/games and need to post about it everywhere. Then they are surprised when the IP owners threaten them legally.

As the Best Friends guys say: JUST KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND RELEASE A TORRENT IT WHEN ITS DONE.

Sooooo maaaaaany fan-remake/games have been shut down due to this, are they all fucking unaware idiots?

last edited at Aug 8, 2016 1:04PM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Those "fucking unaware idiots" need some motivation to work on your free games and maybe even help that they can't stem alone due to inexperience, zero knowledge or people from the outside just being more fit for the job.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Those "fucking unaware idiots" need some motivation to work on your free games and maybe even help that they can't stem alone due to inexperience, zero knowledge or people from the outside just being more fit for the job.

Yeah, thats cute n' all. Paint a big target on their foreheads and run into the open field during a war. Then act surprised or let down when shot at. Also a bunch of these fan projects are made by 1 person, not looking for ppl to support them, but to get attention.

Also, its not as if you can privately and quietly conduct such development, toootally not possible, you need to show if ott publicly and attract even media attention to it!

last edited at Aug 8, 2016 4:07PM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Or for bug testing.
Or for level testing.
Or for general design decisions.
Or for suggestions for improvement.
You know, anything that could be too much for one lonely developer.

Dude got away scott-free for 10 years, even as of now, the best they did was taking down the download links that weren't even from the actual developer blog.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Target painted on the forehead wont go away no matter what you argument.

Go public, no matter the reason, will most likely lead to the usual outcome. A cease and desist.

Also, theres still ways around the whole ordeal while dealing with all you listed. So yea, its still pretty dumb to go public.

last edited at Aug 8, 2016 4:42PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

You realise Another Metroid 2 Remake is already out right?
What other way did you expect them to give this game out? No matter what they did this release was going to attract attention.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I started the conversation with a "on the note of fan-made games:" i.e. about fan remakes/games (unofficial, obviosuly) in general. Not about this one in specific.

Because I've seen maaaaany projects shown off and soon after that -> shut down.

last edited at Aug 8, 2016 4:51PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

YES!! The next update for Gay Fates will include a S support for the two best girls!

This topic has been locked.