Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

With the release of Sono Hanabira on Steam I stumbled upon a game with a yuri route, called Backstage Pass. Anyone knows anything about it?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

With the release of Sono Hanabira on Steam I stumbled upon a game with a yuri route, called Backstage Pass. Anyone knows anything about it?

No idea but it looks kinda dead. On a closer inspection it may not be dead but is it an actual yuri route or just a tease?

Series: SonoHana Pairing: Mai x Reo Links: pixiv1 pixiv2
Because linking Miya x Risa feels redundant

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

This tumblr has a lot of screenshots, it seems like genuine yuri, not teasing.
http://otomegamesandtophats.tumblr.com/
some talk there about spending valentines together, the kiss, handholding!.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/288220/discussions/0/618459109263613358/
^ someone asking about yuri content. Replies basically say yes.

Apparently she is a "hidden yuri route".

I don't think I'll go into it tho, it seems like a rather... tedious game. Too lazy for that xD

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm curious but I'm not gonna bother with it either, CG is good enough for now.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

It's a stats management dating sim basically, for anyone interested.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Starcraft Brood War storyline by Carbot Animatons
Seems quite accurate to me!

Haha xD so epic x3 Btw. anyone caught the mortal kombat reference XD?

Having only 1 viable route kinda makes it not worth buying ;/

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

CoD on ps3/X360 won't have a campaign but comes with a copy of the original black ops. Makes me wonder why they are still pushing games for prev-gen consoles.

Game: Fire Emblem Fates Pairing: Kamui x Camilla Link: pixiv(image set)

joined Nov 30, 2011

Started up another run of Neverwinter Nights. I keep starting and stopping this game due to RL issues getting in the way. I'm hoping to FINALLY finish this game for once.

I've also started the adventure game Deponia. I've heard a lot of good things about this game so I'm looking forward to seeing what it has to offer.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Undertale. Everyone needs to play that game, especially if you love a great story. Bullet hell mechanics at work, and part of the game is you never have to kill anyone. Remember that if you play. There's always a way to avoid killing.

And there is some yuri involved. Though romance isn't the prevailing theme here. It's got some Earthbound/Mother quirkiness to it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I've also started the adventure game Deponia. I've heard a lot of good things about this game so I'm looking forward to seeing what it has to offer.

I've got Deponia, but I've been hesitant about starting it given my less than stellar experience with some of their other games. Namely The Whispered World (annoying voice work and far too much reliance on throwaway gags), Edna and Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (tremendously non-intuitive puzzles, moon logic at its finest) and A New Beginning - Final Cut (pretty dumb and generally unsatisfying). I've heard Deponia is better, but then I'd heard The Whispered World is excellent as well, only to find out it wasn't.

If you want a really good point-and-click experience, check out Primordia. It manages to do the impossible, have a wise-cracking sidekick character who's actually likeable rather than grating.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Thanks for the info and heads up about Primordia Nez. I checked that game out in the past but was never quite certain about it myself. Have you tried the Broken Sword series by any chance? I have the first two games in the series sitting on my computer unplayed as of this moment.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Oh no...why did I click on this video?! so stupidly addictive...

Series: Pokemon(gen5) Pairing: Bel x Touko Link: pixiv1 pixiv2 pixiv3

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Thanks for the info and heads up about Primordia Nez. I checked that game out in the past but was never quite certain about it myself. Have you tried the Broken Sword series by any chance? I have the first two games in the series sitting on my computer unplayed as of this moment.

I've played a bit of the first one. Puzzles so far are pretty intuitive and no particular moon logic. I keep wanting to push the male character into the river though. The female lead is great though.

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

So i just finished Tomb Raider 2013, the subtext with strong in this one. Game's a 9/10 and subtext just made it even better. <3 Now I'm literally devouring LaraxSam fanfictions.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So i just finished Tomb Raider 2013, the subtext with strong in this one. Game's a 9/10 and subtext just made it even better. <3 Now I'm literally devouring LaraxSam fanfictions.

I think my main criticism of TR2013 was they went a bit overboard with the Ms. Shooty Woman set pieces, and most of the actual exploring tombs got pushed off to optional sidequests. I kinda got gun fatigue pretty quick. Did like at the end where she picks up the dual pistols though, that was a nice nod.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

No idea but it looks kinda dead. On a closer inspection it may not be dead but is it an actual yuri route or just a tease?

I'm interested in that game, but it's still in early access, so personally, I'm going to wait for actual release.

For steam user, I'd recommend to join the curator group Hella Yuri ( http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/ ), that try to keep track of every game with some yuri content in it. Careful, though, a fair number seems to be "choose your own adventure" books. Seems to have a fair number of otome game with yuri route as well, surprisingly.

last edited at Sep 28, 2015 9:24AM

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

I think my main criticism of TR2013 was they went a bit overboard with the Ms. Shooty Woman set pieces, and most of the actual exploring tombs got pushed off to optional sidequests. I kinda got gun fatigue pretty quick. Did like at the end where she picks up the dual pistols though, that was a nice nod.

Well, a lot of old fans didn't like the reboot because of that, but i tried to play it like a whole new game, without comparing it with the old titles, and i loved it (even though i agree with you.. the whole fps thing was a bit boring in some parts).

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, a lot of old fans didn't like the reboot because of that, but i tried to play it like a whole new game, without comparing it with the old titles, and i loved it (even though i agree with you.. the whole fps thing was a bit boring in some parts).

Oh, I'm not a player of the old games. I played a little of the first one, and a bit of that action-RPG style one, but that's pretty much it. It's just...after a while it got kind of boring, and I wanted to go explore and fight dinosaurs instead of yet another wave of doodz.

That, and it went a bit overboard in the physical punishment department. It was so over the top, that by the 15th or 20th awful thing that should cripple or kill her that she just shakes off, there wasn't any impact any more. The death scenes, those are fair game. They're a tradition right from the start. But even they got a little much with that river scene, where it's like wrong timing, get impaled, try again, get impaled, try again, get.....

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013
Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I can't believe they are putting Tharja(and Virion) in SMT x FE as well... at least Draug is not from awakening but he's still from the Marth continuity, we need more Jugdral/Elibe/Magvel or Tellius even.

Game: Splatoon Pairing: Calamari Links: pixiv deviantart

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Since I don't have internet right now but was supposed to have internet like 3 days ago, I didn't prepare and am stuck with the games I had installed before. Can't even install MKX even though I bought the physical release. Fuck the digital age. Can't play Hearthstone either cause mobile network here sucks and I get disconnected every game.
Anyways, that made me rediscover Desktop Dungeons and that game still is a ton of fun. Unlocked every class now except for the monster ones, those are a ton of work. Also rediscovered Binding if Isaac, I'll probably play that after I finished DD.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Ah...Viridi's mii costume is cool! and so is the omega version of the pirate's ship.

Series: SB69 Pairing: RetoCyan Links: pixiv1 pixiv2

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Got nostalgic for some reason. One and half hour of epic music.

last edited at Oct 1, 2015 9:36AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Woah, the Vicious difficulty dungeons in Desktop Dungeons are disgusting.

This topic has been locked.