Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

It's on the 1st post on page 65...you clearly have not payed enough attention to the words of wisdom.

Series: Fnaf Pairings: Chica x Mangle/Foxy personification Links: deviantart1 deviantart2

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Series: Fnaf Pairings: Chica x Mangle/Foxy personification Links: deviantart1 deviantart2

What the fuck

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Just roll with it.

Rsz_17544039_p0
joined Jul 19, 2014

FFXIV anyone??

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

fuck Final Fantasy, Superstar Saga is where it's at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xyaQBWruOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3KWrUpGe_4

last edited at Aug 16, 2015 11:54AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

^ Hah, thats where I first saw it too. One of my favorite playthroughs there.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I was so confused when I 1st saw Barkley's shut up and jam, I was searching...something* about Shaq fu and the wikipedia article has this, Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City and Slam City with Scottie Pippen as related. Then I searched for the game and "wait...there's a fan game?" and yeah, I didn't know about the sequel until flips mentioned it.

Somehow a free Shiny Rayquaza is not as appealing as the Diance...eh I'll pick it up later.....yeah there's plenty of time.

Superstar Saga is where it's at

I do love this game but for some reason...I never beat it.

Game: Splatoon Pairings: Inkling girls(and octoling) Links: pixiv1(luminous) pixiv2(image set)

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

15 days to V2 launch... Starting to get too anxious for this shit (Hope they'll have a midnight release on Steam)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

"Among the most prominent Japanese composers (although I use the word 'Japanese' superfluously, as even the most well-known American composers are barely competent at best), one in particular stands out to the enlightened vidcon soundtrack consumer. His name: Yasunori Mitsuda. For the record, this is not to undermine the amazing worlds of other incredibly talented composers such as Uematsu-san or Sakuraba-san, but to highlight the unique, almost celto-tropic music ( the word music is an understatement) that Yasunori Mitsuda has been composing for years. It would be sheer ignorance to deny that the Chrono Cross soundtrack is anything but the magnum opus of vidcon music; its lilting and oftentimes hauntingly peaceful guitar melodies soothe all but the most savage of breasts while its tense battle themes and mysterious donjon tunes ignite a blazing passion that can be quenched only by the vidcon's profound story and gameplay. It is a wonder that anyone can listen to anything besides vidcon musical compositions after listening to Mitsuda-san's immensely powerful soundtrack, but give that the primitive thuds of hip hop are America's current choice of 'music'( I use the term music liberally), one can see little hope in the mass appreciation of Mitsuda-san's work."

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

After a while the bloviating Wall O' Text really stops being funny and starts being tiresome, doesn't it? Like it becomes a chore to read even more of that nonsense.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I didnt read even one because it's to much of a shore, atleast structure it in a "didnt just copy paste this from the script" - fashion

well rye, i was shortly on a lose at what to use as a surfboard, to get to Jojora: its luigi..what?

also there are bullet bills with super scopes as sniper rifles, everytime i think this game has played all its best cards, damm

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Recover the Restarts and Elementar were pretty good.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

http://www.destructoid.com/fanmade-resident-evil-2-remake-canceled-306596.phtml

It's bittersweet...at least Capcom did ask them for help, we can't have 2 RE2 remakes at the same time.

Series: Bayonetta Pairing: Bayonetta x Jeane Links: pixiv1 pixiv2(lewd)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Guys Konami made a survey link, try to not include #FuckKonami, etc. It's missing a bunch of franchises and I don't expect much but eh who knows?

Series: Puzzle & dragons Pairing: Various Link: deviantart1 deviantart2

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

The review event for MGSV is happening with the full game minus the ending, glad they're making an event instead of sending reviews copies that could easily be leaked, but still looks like some assholes on twitter is spoiling some shit, didn't run into any of those but i guess it's time to leave from most of the internet
You guys won't spoil me r-right?
Yeah i know Chico is Quiet

last edited at Aug 20, 2015 12:31AM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

and give konami shitty ideas for their mobile campaign? Ha Ha HaNO

joined Mar 23, 2013

Super Late by internet's standards but I've just come across this :
http://www.lar.net/2015/08/12/returning-to-kickstarter/

Divinity:OS II

Ahhhhhh yeeeee, it was one of my favourite game of 2014 and I'm glad there is a sequel ( they also have another unnamed project in the works ).

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Super Late by internet's standards but I've just come across this :
http://www.lar.net/2015/08/12/returning-to-kickstarter/

Divinity:OS II

Ahhhhhh yeeeee, it was one of my favourite game of 2014 and I'm glad there is a sequel ( they also have another unnamed project in the works ).

Hey, maybe by the time the second game is released they'll make good on their promise of a Linux version from their first Kickstarter!

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

not to be the asshole here but wasn't the first one successful enough to, you know, not Kickstarter another one or am I missing the point here?

they seem honest enough but thiss isnt fucking charity?

last edited at Aug 20, 2015 11:29AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Hey, maybe by the time the second game is released they'll make good on their promise of a Linux version from their first Kickstarter!

Was it promised on their kickstarter? I can't remember. Sucks, you use Linux right? So many games are promised to have a Linux release date but it often never materialized itself.

Well a quick search shows a Twitter from June saying they plan for everyone to be able to play the Special Edition, meaning Ps4/Xbone/Linux.

they seem honest enough but thiss isnt fucking charity?

I'm sure Larian Studios can get bigger Loans and whatnot now that it did show it could produce a decent game, it doesn't mean that they don't want mo' money. CEO wanted to make this sort of game since the 1990s so it's sort of a "I want to make my dream game now, gieb more money oki?".

last edited at Aug 20, 2015 11:32AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Was it promised on their kickstarter? I can't remember. Sucks, you use Linux right? So many games are promised to have a Linux release date but it often never materialized itself.

Well a quick search shows a Twitter from June saying they plan for everyone to be able to play the Special Edition, meaning Ps4/Xbone/Linux.

Yeah, their Kickstarter almost 2 years ago said something similar and a bunch of people bought it on that basis. And then it got delayed. And delayed. And ports to systems not mentioned in the Kickstarter came out. And the delays continued. Not putting a lot of faith in their promises any more, to be honest. It'll take an actually released product to be convincing at all.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Yeah, their Kickstarter almost 2 years ago said something similar and a bunch of people bought it on that basis. And then it got delayed. And delayed. And ports to systems not mentioned in the Kickstarter came out. And the delays continued. Not putting a lot of faith in their promises any more, to be honest. It'll take an actually released product to be convincing at all.

Well, I'm not invested in this too much because I dont haz Linux but if they didn't specify anything about the release date then it's not THAT bad. But from you are saying it seems they overpromised on how fast they could deliver a Linux version, that sucks.

If it comes out with the SE in Fall 2015 like the current schedule is set to then it means they ported consoles + Linux a bit more than one year after the initial release, compared to many smaller studios taking like 2 years just for an OSX version I don't think it's much of a crime in itself.

Even bigger studios sometimes take much longer to port certain games, or just don't even bother. Of course this train of thought only is viable if they actually deliver this Fall.

I hope they can learn from their mistakes, because they delivered much of what they promised gameplay wise.

last edited at Aug 20, 2015 12:16PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

this one isn't the only one that promised the blue from the sky and then didn't deliver because they actually knew jackshit about Linux,
Banner Saga did that too, same for Skullgirls, I think in Skullgirls case they wanted to outsource it but promised a port anyway

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

this one isn't the only one that promised the blue from the sky and then didn't deliver because they actually knew jackshit about Linux,
Banner Saga did that too, same for Skullgirls, I think in Skullgirls case they wanted to outsource it but promised a port anyway

Apparently Life Is Strange was going to be compatible, but they picked incompatible middleware. Devs have said they'll be more careful on their next game. Better than Endless Legend, who appeared on track back in January, then started playing the "too hard" card, before again starting to tease "maaaaaaybe we'll do it" months later.

But there are successes. The Civ games, Shadows of Mordor, Wasteland 2, the Witcher games, Transistor, a million VNs, the Shadowrun games, Victor Vran, Race the Sun, hundreds of others too.

Edit: Banner Saga actually came out for Linux back in April. Skullgirls is currently in closed beta for a few weeks now.

last edited at Aug 20, 2015 1:16PM

This topic has been locked.