oh yeah also

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! was awesome,
getting a second season:
http://myanimelist.net/news/45198775

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

tag your het please.

My turn! DRAW
Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R: Don't bother.
Glass no Hana to Kowasu Sekai: short movie, I liked it. they are computer programs who look like cute girls, they find a third cute girls and then the movie goes kinda into OT3ish territory. Bitter sweet ending/movie
Queen's Blade: Grimoire: Airi showed up. Usual stuff.

I almost watched the second part of digimon tri...someone else told me to not bother until it's complete...so idk :P

The new Precure girls get there moments and are raising a kid together. The choreography on their transformations and attacks can be strikingly intimate

So true. Mirai really likes touching Riko hmm...oh and they hold hands AND luminous in the ending dance, it's super lewd.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Considering that people actually liked Psycho-Pass here: Pandora is pretty good outside the cute android yuri action since the world building is fun and interesting and a much more optimistic outlook on the whole cybernation of the future with cute and interesting ideas that are effectivly used in the series.

Just needed to shift the scales a bit.

Tumblr_o4ze4kdynd1tjyeywo4_500
joined Dec 28, 2015

Maybe I'll try watching that new season of precure since thers some lewd hand holding. stopped watching after futari wa and didnt even finish max heart. The only other precure i watched was suite precure. It also seems like i need to catch up with koukaku no pandora

joined Jan 21, 2015

This is relevant to our interests: Urara Meirochō Manga About Divining Girls in Training Gets Anime

It has slightly more plot that your average 4koma manga and an all-female cast so far. It's also ridiculously cute. Tons of yuri subtext, too, and it usually isn't very subtle. To give you an idea, this is one of the main pairs from the author's previous series. Really excited about this one, I hope the adaptation is decent.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

This is relevant to our interests: Urara Meirochō Manga About Divining Girls in Training Gets Anime

It has slightly more plot that your average 4koma manga and an all-female cast so far. It's also ridiculously cute. Tons of yuri subtext, too, and it usually isn't very subtle. To give you an idea, this is one of the main pairs from the author's previous series. Really excited about this one, I hope the adaptation is decent.

oh wow, it looks hella cute
Looking forward to it

Edit: Just looked up their other work Yorumori no Kuni no Sora ni , seems cute too

last edited at Apr 3, 2016 6:56PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Edit: Just looked up their other work Yorumori no Kuni no Sora ni , seems cute too

Yeah, it's reminiscent of Shoulder-a-coffin Kuro both in tone and in art style. I'm just going to link to harikamo's pixiv because it has pretty pictures and it seems like a good enough reason.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I'll be looking forward to this I guess since there is literally nothing else to look forward to in terms of Yuri.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Besides Pan de Peace, what else is could even be remotely gay this season?

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Well it doesn't come out until summer/july but the series Amanchu is getting an anime! It's not explicitly yuri, but the two main female characters are extremely close, there is only one prominent male character who is twins with a cool female character, and it's by the same author as Aria! It's a slice-of-life feel good series about diving and friendship in general, very cute and worth the read if anyone here hasn't checked it out already.

The trailer for anyone interested, it's short and doesn't show a lot but I've watched it 20+ times at this point because i'm stupidly excited because it's one of my favorite series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnsjqqHNc7Y

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Maho Girls Pretty Cure episode 9 a.k.a. "the romance movie". There was a big rainbow!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Anime for Flying Witch started, art looks pretty good.

Anne Happy looking good.

Aria The Avvenire special #2 subbed.

Bakuon!! started, moe biker girls.

joined Jan 8, 2016

JoJo continuing being awesome

And now Jeffrey with the weather

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Flying Witch's first episode was the most promising so far.

last edited at Apr 10, 2016 7:19PM

Cjslpfhukaagkoe
joined Nov 11, 2015

Haifuri is really, really promising

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, yuri roundup:

Pan de Peace is airing relatively unaltered. If that's your thing

Bakuon has cute girls riding motorcycles and doing amusing things

Onigiri has some subtext during the zany MMORPG gags

Anne Happy is a misfortune-themed CGDCT series and about as gay as you'd expect. Though one of the characters has a crush on a male... drawing...

Hai Furi is about cute girls sailing warships. I swear it's incapable of having characters meaningfully interact without laying on the subtext

Sansha Sanyou is the other CGDCT series

Of these, I was most impressed by Anne Happy and Hai Furi

Other stuff of note:

New Jojo season is off to a good start. I'm probably not going to watch it just to spite the people that act like it's the best thing ever

There's a new Macross series out

Kabaneri is a ripoff of Shingeki by the same director, but incredibly pretty

Kiznaiver is the result of Okada and Trigger working together, and as weird as you'd expect from that. Pretty divisive, but I greatly enjoyed it

joined Sep 21, 2014

Okay, yuri roundup:

Pan de Peace is airing relatively unaltered. If that's your thing

Bakuon has cute girls riding motorcycles and doing amusing things

Onigiri has some subtext during the zany MMORPG gags

Anne Happy is a misfortune-themed CGDCT series and about as gay as you'd expect. Though one of the characters has a crush on a male... drawing...

Hai Furi is about cute girls sailing warships. I swear it's incapable of having characters meaningfully interact without laying on the subtext

Sansha Sanyou is the other CGDCT series

Of these, I was most impressed by Anne Happy and Hai Furi

Thanks Hylarn, this is what I was looking for
If anyone else spots something gay, even subtexty (the thirst is real), give me a heads up

last edited at Apr 10, 2016 8:33PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

so basically this season is shitty (for the yuri) and I agree only worth while girl x girl anime for this season are HaiFuri and Anne Happy. On the positive side there are some pretty decent anime this season.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm liking everything I've watched so far. Other stuff I care about, but not previously mentioned:

The Symphogear GX OVAs are as amusing(and gay) as ever. DEAAATH

No opinion on the Aikatsu stars yet. Lazy Lily's SHiN made a review on his blog if you're interested. Maybe it'll be some gay? Idk.

Arc-v is still my favorite YGO season and it's going into both GX and Zexal territory. The new Duel monsters movie got a new preview and it's looking pretty good...and I think I saw the new blue-eyes cards so...yeah.

Ace attorney is decent enough so far...I don't think it'll get to the 5th case though.

Rye resists urge to droll over Jojo and MTprecure again

bonus round!

Hai Furi is a maritime-themed school-girl series. Original, but what we know about it suggests the two main characters are likely to have some subtext

I misread that as *marimite like 3-4 weeks ago, didn't check anything else on it and was expecting something VERY different...I feel really dumb.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

To be fair, Hai Furi ended up being pretty different from what everyone was expecting. The promotional material didn't mention anything about warships...

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I'll leave Hai Furi to you guys until there's some actual yuri content. Keep it updated please.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I had this theory that Honoka Maki (Kiznaiver) was actually gay and that was her secret that she didn't want to reveal in episode 2. I came to this conclusion because there was a mysterious girl, whos face we did not get to see, standing back to back with her in the opening and it gave me yuri vibes.

Turns out she's just a murderer.

last edited at Apr 20, 2016 4:25AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

I had this theory that Honoka Maki (Kiznaiver) was actually gay and that was her secret that she didn't want to reveal in episode 2. I came to this conclusion because there was a mysterious girl, whos face we did not get to see, standing back to back with her in the opening and it gave me yuri vibes.

Hey! I was gonna watch that! Even if it was a funny joke, don't spoil pls ;___;

last edited at Apr 19, 2016 6:50PM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

My bad, but I figured the episode already aired almost a week ago so people had already seen it.

joined Sep 21, 2014

My bad, but I figured the episode already aired almost a week ago so people had already seen it.

Well for those who chose to follow it, probably, but you can't expect everyone to have watched x anime because it came out a week ago :<
I only saw like, a teaser/trailer of it a few days and thought it looked super rad, so I was thinking of picking it up this week

To reply you must either login or sign up.