Forum › Anime season

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Are there better subs for Gabriel Dropout than Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll? The translators are adding too much "flavor" of their own, I just keep hearing the difference...

Vigne: Itadakimasu.

Subtitles: Through the Dark Lord. Amen.

Yeah, I hate it when translators take liberties. :S

On another note, Dragon Maid was adorable once again. Yuri family antics! Yay!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Damn, this week's kobayashi was great, they extended nicely on that small chapter in the manga to turn it into a full episode about sports festival and it gaves us some really nice SaikawaxKanna moments. <3

Swap!-min-min
joined Jan 13, 2017

Sakura Quest: Maybe? The main cast is composed of girls, and the writer is certainly familiar with homosexuality

From my minute of research, I found out that the writer is Masahiro Yokotani, who has a pretty solid body of work (including Toradora episode 19 oh my god), but when it comes to yuri he's only gone with subtext.

If we use Shirobako as an estimate Sakura Quest will probably have some fun character interactions that yuri shippers will take to the logical extreme.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Alright! Watched the Mahotsukai Precure movie and loved it as usual. Some highlights include:
*Haa-chan becomes a Dracoknight which is awesome!!
*Mofurun kicked ass after the transformation.
*Probably the most blatant ship-tease of this particular show. not counting the finale
*Another cute family moment between the 3 mains.
Not the best thing in the world, I honestly think it should've been a little longer to help with the pace but pretty enjoyable overall. Since Mofu-chan was the main star of the movie there wasn't much yuri but oh boy! XD. Anyway I totally recommend it, it takes place around the final few eps 42+... I think? Its mainly a frienship movie and it gets kinda dark a few times...wait I just described Precure.

Attack on Titan: You know how Christa x Ymir was big when the first season was airing? This season is going to include the reason why

Oh geez! This is already? I have not checked the chart in a while, good thing I'm already caught up.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

This week of Maid Dragon is the best ep of the entire anime so far. I still wish they hadn't turned up the fanservice with Lucoa so much, but oh well, it is how it is.

%d0%91%d0%b5%d0%b7-%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

Maid Dragon is actually shoving that gay parents are pretty normal parents to be. Nowhere to be so frightened, right society? I am looking at you. Yes.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I still wish they hadn't turned up the fanservice with Lucoa so much, but oh well, it is how it is.

I'm fine with it since they turned it up so much that it went past fanservice into comically ridiculous territory.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I'm fine with it since they turned it up so much that it went past fanservice into comically ridiculous territory.

Extreme, ridiculous fanservice tends to mostly be a miss for me. Like, I loved Keijo & all the glorious Keijojo memes, but I could never get into Seikon no Qwaser or Valkyrie Drive, for example. Dunno, I'm still not quite sure what works for me when it comes to funny fanservice.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Extreme, ridiculous fanservice tends to mostly be a miss for me. Like, I loved Keijo & all the glorious Keijojo memes, but I could never get into Seikon no Qwaser or Valkyrie Drive, for example. Dunno, I'm still not quite sure what works for me when it comes to funny fanservice.

Yep, I see what you mean. I don't regret watching Valkyrie Drive nor do I think it's bad, but there are so many uncomfortable moments in that show that me rewatching it is highly unlikely.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So... Fuuka managed to avoid getting trucked in the anime... I'm not even watching this shit and i feel betrayed!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kyonne posted:

So... Fuuka managed to avoid getting trucked in the anime... I'm not even watching this shit and i feel betrayed!

What? I don't watch it, mostly because the manga is at an eyes-rolling-up level, but.... WHAT? Fuuka lives??? How can they make the story coherent if she lives? She's sent "abroad" or something? She's THE recent source of the truck meme. It's even called being Fuuka'd.

last edited at Mar 10, 2017 3:16PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Oi, Autumn. If you're still interested, Minami Kamakura had a really gay bath scene this week.

Schoolgirl Strikers was also pretty fun. I love Yu Kobayashi's voice, and this week she got to say a few more lines!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Kyonne posted:

What? I don't watch it, mostly because the manga is at an eyes-rolling-up level, but.... WHAT? Fuuka lives??? How can they make the story coherent if she lives? She's sent "abroad" or something? She's THE recent source of the truck meme. It's even called being Fuuka'd.

Well the anime is going a pretty different path, even before Truck seems like MC chose the childhood friend instead of Fuuka, and while Fuuka managed to avoid getting trucked and sang in the concert, she now said she wants to break the band up and go solo, so short story short is: That fucking broad put the band together and is disbanding it after just 2 concerts

last edited at Mar 10, 2017 6:57PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Me after this week's Rakugo Shinjuu:

2 more eps to go. Despite having complained a lot about DEEN, I have to commend them on their BG animation works. They're really pretty to look at & this is the same for KonoSuba as well.

Also, 1 more ep to go for Sangatsu. Hoping for a 2nd season...

joined Mar 11, 2016

Minami Kamakura had a really gay bath scene this week.

Yeah. ;) After last week's episode I decided to watch its coming episodes. Sandy really got Hiromi in the bath; Let me wash your front too lol. xD

Urara Meichirou was pretty gay too especially with Fox Kon. She was all over Chiya in that mode. Saku got rekt by Nina-sensei big time. If only these pair get canon by some sort of confession or yuri action.

Kuzu no Honkai had some great yuri moments in this week's issue. Some yurilious snaps for you sour eyes: xD
https://i.imgsafe.org/54434dcafd.png
https://i.imgsafe.org/5443d5b83f.png
https://i.imgsafe.org/544449ab25.png
massive wrecks ahead (weak hearts should not spoil themselves)

Ecchan x Hanabi is actually the best route but sadly it won't happen. :(

last edited at Mar 12, 2017 12:21PM by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What's the point of marking spoilers when you're showing spoilers out in the open as images?

joined Mar 11, 2016

I don't think the folks mind them but oh well.

Bang Dream started with a bang. Poor Arisa tho, she had her hands full with Kasumi before and now with O-Tae. :'>

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So... Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Side of Dimensions was pretty cool, manga colors does wonders to the Dark Magician
Also what the hell was that ending and why is Atem's afterlife such a huge ego stroke? I'd expect that kind of shit from Kaiba

Great credits song also

last edited at Mar 12, 2017 3:17PM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Bang Dream started with a bang. Poor Arisa tho, she had her hands full with Kasumi before and now with O-Tae. :'>

Its clearly a documentary about how high school girls find mates

joined Oct 5, 2016

What's the point of marking spoilers when you're showing spoilers out in the open as images?

Uh, I can choose to not click on spoilery images. Which those images were identified as.

I can't magically prevent myself from not reading uncovered text spoilers.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Uh, I can choose to not click on spoilery images. Which those images were identified as.

last edited at Mar 12, 2017 12:21PM by Nezchan

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

The post with like 3-4 linked spoiler screenshots had initially all of that shit exposed/in your face, so you couldn't really decide whether or not you wanted to see it/be spoiled. Nez edited it and was pointing out the contradiction; how the user legit visually spoils everyone, yet also chooses to spoiler tag the text below.
So yeah, your reply is in favour of her point. Maybe ppl shouldn't post screenshots of spoilers, because it isn't up to them to decide whether others would be fine with the spoilers or not.

last edited at Mar 13, 2017 7:08AM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

It was probably just a mistake in formating

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

It was probably just a mistake in formating

Autumn posted:

joined Mar 11, 2016

A picture or two does not tell you how the whole episode went. So you are not spoiled in any way (except that screenshot). I may have gone overboard in my original post so I didn't mind the edit but I am still of the opinion that a picture or two doesn't hurt.

why we even have this spoiler rule in a thread where we are supposed to discuss aired episodes is beyond me. Rather how are we supposed to hold a discussion without spoiling each other?!

To reply you must either login or sign up.