Forum › Anime season

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Yuri Kuma is better than Flip Flappers, IMO. More cohesive and intentional in its message, themes, and surreal presentation. It's definitely less accessible than Flip Flappers since it has a looser narrative structure and is way more trippy and metaphorical. But it's a serious work of art like everything else Ikuhara has ever made.

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

and that reminds me i got to eventually buy the soundtrack to yka listened to it on youtube its so great.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ Listening to it right now. It's always so amazing. Some tracks remind me of some of my favorite scenes... Yakusoku no Kiss is something that will always get me. I don't think I'll ever stop crying over it till the day I die.

Urashi C. Pin
joined Jun 17, 2014

anybody here ever seen Redline i thought it was such a charming movie and the animation is just great and that ending song tho its so great i listen to it almost everyday.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Idk. I love them both. While Flip Flappers was cute to no end, Yuri Kuma stings your heart.

Yuri Kuma was ok, But Flip Flappers has to be one of the best Yuri anime I've ever seen hands down.

Flip Flapper had sooooooooooooo pure and cute yuri. I mean I do like Yuri Kuma having yuri theme blended as bears and stuff and society not accepting bears aka yuri

But sometimes you need something innocent and cute. AND Flip Flapper delivered it best.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

anybody here ever seen Redline i thought it was such a charming movie and the animation is just great and that ending song tho its so great i listen to it almost everyday.

A yuri movie?

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

A yuri movie?

Urashi C. Pin
joined Jun 17, 2014

A yuri movie?

nah its some racing movie its het but its very enjoyable

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

A yuri movie?

Hmm.....I don'the usually watch her romance movie. But that doesn't mean I don't watch het movieso. as long as it remain away from cliche romance, it a green light.

last edited at Mar 3, 2017 2:17AM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

A yuri movie?

Hmm.....I don'the usually watch her romance movie. But that doesn't mean I don't watch het movieso. as long as it remain away from cliche romance, it a green light.

Its not exactly a romance movie, but it does have het.

Its just an over the top action racing moving with very high quality animation.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Holy lesbian idols! Lily is cool as FUCK...like...almost as cool as Yurika!
I still refuse to watch this damn thing until a few specific characters get hit with an OP8 Norfleet. But I can at least get away with saying Rin sings this song, same with Juri and Sumer Tears Diary. Now if she gets a spin-off or a Photokatsu event...

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

School girl Strikers ep 9. Pretty much was a filler episode. Some plot progression here and there, but nothing major

Youjo Senki ep 8. The anime finally took a sharp turn and darken its theme. Before this, it was just 'evil fascist loli kicking ass'. Ep 8 however has quite heavy war theme going along with it. It's obviously because just like ep 1, audience POV was not from Tanya's POV

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 1:24PM

joined Mar 11, 2016

Any of you watching Bang Dream? Mostly friendship between girls but there are scenes here and there you can call subtext.

Found the current episode a bit? gayer than the previous ones. what do you think of the scene below? Judging from her personality I think she has hots for the girl being hugged. kinda like 'being only honest with the person you like'.

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 12:44PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Any of you watching Bang Dream? Mostly friendship between girls but there are scenes here and there you can call subtext.

I do. It is very subtexty, but I'm still waiting for them to start banging. The title lied to me! xD

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So, the new tournament won't allow killing also
No wonder Hit's not even on the new opening

joined Mar 11, 2016

I do. It is very subtexty, but I'm still waiting for them to start banging. The title lied to me! xD

Hahaha that's what I first thought when I first read the title but nothing happened. It is trying to be like love live and the lead also resembles chika/honoka in some ways. Tho the little subtext it have is better than nothing I think.

How is Minami Kamakura in terms of subtext? I am not watching it atm but may watch it if there is some.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

How is Minami Kamakura in terms of subtext? I am not watching it atm but may watch it if there is some.

The latest episode was a bit subtexty. There was one scene/ line that felt like one girl proposed to another. Can't quote it, because I don't remember it word for word.

There's not much of it in other episodes. I still like it, though.

Oh, and hi Autumn! It's you again! I didn't realize. :)

joined Mar 11, 2016

Guess I'll watch just that episode then but not the rest.

Yup it's me. :D Hi and thank you for remembering me. :)

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Guess I'll watch just that episode then but not the rest.

Yup it's me. :D Hi and thank you for remembering me. :)

I could never forget you! If you do watch it, it's the beach scene with the tomboy and rich girl. ;)

Is it me or did Idol Incidents up the yuri in the latest episode?

joined Mar 11, 2016

I could never forget you! If you do watch it, it's the beach scene with the tomboy and rich girl. ;)

Is it me or did Idol Incidents up the yuri in the latest episode?

Me too. x) Yeah that and blonde seems to be fond of hiromi too. The whole horse scene looked romantic to me (even if the conversation was not). I didn't expect such subtext from this anime so it was a pleasant surprise. (Between just you and me) You should have seen the grin on my face when I was watching it. xDD

Yup. They sure did. ;) Shizuka x Natsuki was obvious as they are the OTP of the show but there was some hard blushing from chinatsu towards mizuki. Lol look at her pouting and blushing.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Me too. x) Yeah that and blonde seems to be fond of hiromi too. The whole horse scene looked romantic to me (even if the conversation was not). I didn't expect such subtext from this anime so it was a pleasant surprise. (Between just you and me) You should have seen the grin on my face when I was watching it. xDD

Yeah, the horse scene was like from a romantic flick. I was so confused during that scene. On one hand, it was a lovely yuri moment, on the other, well, I ship Hiromi (or at least I shipped until that scene!) with the glasses-girl! Between you and me, I have a thing for glasses, so I'd love it if Hiromi chose her. xD

Yup. They sure did. ;) Shizuka x Natsuki was obvious as they are the OTP of the show but there was some hard blushing from chinatsu towards mizuki. Lol look at her pouting and blushing.

A secondary couple appears! The crowd goes wild. I loved that blushing part!

Speaking of that episode, how would you feel if you went to see idols, but had to listen to the prime minister throw dirt at them? Bad move, PM!

last edited at Mar 6, 2017 3:46PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Finally had a chance to see the Yuyushiki OVA and the Kinmoza OVA! Both were pretty gay and also a lot of fun. Kinmoza especially was very cute, as usual!

Both series are some of my favourites.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

KiraKiraPrecure: Cure Macaron was introduced...in a very interesting way. It kinda felt like a date scene on a dumb romance comedy movie, is that just me? Anyway! looks like Yukari knows how to get some pussy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Looks like next episode will be full yuri...kinda...I expect a "Oh! she's a girl? nvm then" thing but who cares! Ichika trying to be Mana over here. MIRAIRIKO IN THE OPENING FANGIRLSCREAMS

Finally had a chance to see the Yuyushiki OVA and the Kinmoza OVA! Both were pretty gay and also a lot of fun. Kinmoza especially was very cute, as usual!

Both series are some of my favourites.

I forgot to watch the Yuyushiki OVA, I'll watch that and the Precure movie tomorow.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So, next season:

Attack on Titan: You know how Christa x Ymir was big when the first season was airing? This season is going to include the reason why

Frame Arms Girl: Probably going to be terrible, but with an all-female cast I wouldn't be surprised if there was some subtext

Hinako Note: Pretty certain that this'll at least have subtext, going by some of the promotional materials (and as a CGDCT show, that's expected, anyway). Issue here is that I honestly have no idea whether or not this is going to be shorts

ID-0: This seems to be at least partially about the relationship between two girls, with no (human) men in sight... Yuri-friendly staff, including one of the best directors in the industry. Could be very good!

DanMachi Sword Oratoria: Lefiya has a crush on Aiz. This is portrayed fairly positively. Also, what I read of the manga was pretty decent

Sakura Quest: Maybe? The main cast is composed of girls, and the writer is certainly familiar with homosexuality

sin Nanatsu no Taizai: Fanservice series that doesn't appear to have a male lead, so I'd expect some yuri, if only for titillation

The season has a wide variety of interesting shows, but these are the ones with clear yuri potential

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Are there better subs for Gabriel Dropout than Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll? The translators are adding too much "flavor" of their own, I just keep hearing the difference...

Vigne: Itadakimasu.

Subtitles: Through the Dark Lord. Amen.

last edited at Mar 8, 2017 2:23PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.