Forum › Anime season

Cureuprapapa%202
joined May 10, 2014

Little witch academia!! yes! this will alleviate the pain that the other cute witches anime will give me when it ends.

Haven't watched anything else yet, so first impressions...next week?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon, seems to be a faithful adaptation, so if you like the manga you'll probably like the anime, a bit much more moreblob - cuz kyoani.

So, yea. its good for me. Satisfied.

Icon
joined Jan 6, 2017

Is everyone ready for the comeback of Christa and Ymir?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon is actually playing up the yuri elements, so I don't think people here need to worry too much

...Why is everything I like this season a comedy about cute girls?

joined Feb 15, 2013

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon is basically the manga with colour and voice. So can't complaint or praise much. I guess new audience will enjoy it as much as I did when I read it for the first time.

While waiting, I started to catch up with old series like Ange Vierge. And immediately... are all these girls exhibitionists or something? They were taking hot spring bath naked on top of the tower. Walking around and sleeping uncovered, naked. And the main girl even bare her naked chest on the top floor balcony in front of the whole city...

I know she can control light for self-censored and all.. but still...

Btw, some trivial in Schoolgirl Strikers that I just realised when rewatch Ep1: all 3 teams appeared in ep 1 (main group, the steampunk maid, and bikini military group) were in the same rank. (Rare 3 in the game based on their clothes and weapons). So their difference so far actually was just cooperation and experience

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 7:01AM

Shonen%202
joined Sep 21, 2014

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon is actually playing up the yuri elements, so I don't think people here need to worry too much

I think this makes a lot of sense. I don't see how any studio could screw this up tbh.
Tohru is obviously the main selling point of the series, and aside from the maid + badass dragon combination, her other most important character trait is that she's in love with Kobayashi-san. That's what makes her an attractive character too imo, and that's mostly what they can emphasise on to sell this character: her clumsily trying to be a maid (cute), her mentality and abilities as a dragon (op af) and her growing relationship with Kobayashi-san (sweet and moving).
Tohru's entire character is dependent on Kobayashi anyway. Tohru openly showing her love for Kobayashi-san through acts of service (literally becoming her maid lmao), jealousy, lust, being emotional over Kobayashi and adapting to the human world as her relationship with her develops is pretty much the 'plot'.
To kill the yuri/minimise Tohru's feelings/attraction to Kobayashi in the anime adaptation would be shooting themselves in the foot. Anyways, Kobayashi's own design is rather plain and androgynous (though I do like her), she's easily a self-insert. The yuri probs wouldn't step on anyone's toes, as she's generally so aloof to Tohru's advances. Whatever problems anyone has with how the yuri/Tohru's feels is written will have to be brought back to the original author.

joined Feb 15, 2013

I think this makes a lot of sense. I don't see how any studio could screw this up tbh.
Tohru is obviously the main selling point of the series, and aside from the maid + badass dragon combination, her other most important character trait is that she's in love with Kobayashi-san. That's what makes her an attractive character too imo, and that's mostly what they can emphasise on to sell this character: her clumsily trying to be a maid (cute), her mentality and abilities as a dragon (op af) and her growing relationship with Kobayashi-san (sweet and moving).
Tohru's entire character is dependent on Kobayashi anyway. Tohru openly showing her love for Kobayashi-san through acts of service (literally becoming her maid lmao), jealousy, lust, being emotional over Kobayashi and adapting to the human world as her relationship with her develops is pretty much the 'plot'.
To kill the yuri/minimise Tohru's feelings/attraction to Kobayashi in the anime adaptation would be shooting themselves in the foot. Anyways, Kobayashi's own design is rather plain and androgynous (though I do like her), she's easily a self-insert. The yuri probs wouldn't step on anyone's toes, as she's generally so aloof to Tohru's advances. Whatever problems anyone has with how the yuri/Tohru's feels is written will have to be brought back to the original author.

Kinda suck that they removed a few jokes from ep 1 through.

The one in my avatar when Tohru was trying to compete with train for example. And try to convince Kobayashi to change her job to dragon rider (because it's cool). Or when Tohru defend her scale that it only can be penetrated by holy sword, and Kobayashi said her back is not an Excalibur.

Not to mention when she said that her tail was tasty and creamy and "good with rice". Because it hinted that she actually tried it before

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 7:11AM

%d0%91%d0%b5%d0%b7-%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8-1
joined Jan 4, 2017
joined Feb 15, 2013

Fans deliver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ay6gEPyedo

Where is the original OP from? Any idea

Some excellent work to sub New Game characters into there. It looks natural as heck (other than the fact Kou supposed to be much older, and should be teachers in there)

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 9:20AM

%d0%91%d0%b5%d0%b7-%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

Where is the original OP from? Any idea

Some excellent work to sub New Game characters into there. It looks natural as heck (other than the fact Kou supposed to be much older, and should be teachers in there)

Sorry, I don't know. I just happened to find this video by accident, and I liked it a lot. So I decided to share it with you comrades.

Shonen%202
joined Sep 21, 2014

Wow ok
The ending took a drastic turn in its sfw-ness

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 9:56AM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Oh, good to see the full thing. I have seen some of the pictures from that thing on Pixiv and Danbooru.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

That. Was. AWESOME!! All the right ships, cute animation, sexy... What more to ask for? Is this really fan-made?

Sin%20t%c3%adtulonuuuu
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kayo-chin posted:

That. Was. AWESOME!! All the right ships, cute animation, sexy... What more to ask for? Is this really fan-made?

It looks that way but wow that ending was soooo sexy

Ev12a%20(1)
joined Oct 15, 2016

It really was, though i wish i didn't watch it with my 10 year old niece right beside me. Luckily, i didn't have any explanation to do since Candy Crush saved me from that.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulonuuuu
joined Apr 20, 2013

I can't shake off the image of Tohru swallowing and licking Kobayashi's underwear...
SO Another one for the To Do list in drawings! hahahaahaha

I liked that part when she immediately said "I love you sexually!" and Kobayashi's understands so there's no way we will get that confused later on XP If she acknowledges that and still let her stay, even for a gag comedy we have yuri.
One sided ... But with hope

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 6:02PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Schoolgirl Strikers is, and I quote, "a story of love, courage and friendship". Please, please, please, don't give me false hope!

Minami Katakura is like Bakuon with bicycles. Even has an ojou-sama, and the protagonists even have the same seiyuu.

last edited at Jan 13, 2017 3:08PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

This whole month of January is going to be filler episodes of DB Super.

Though next moth they are starting Multi Universal Tournament.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Kobayashi-san was good. I like that we're told right away that Tooru is in love with Kobayashi, so it can't be mistaken for platonic gratitude or whatever. Nope, she wants to get into Kobayashi's pants and she's very honest about it.

Gabriel Dropout has two demonic angels, an angelic demon, and a clown. The first episode is worth watching just for this setup. (I've never understood why cockroaches were blurred out in anime and manga. Although in this case, it just made the scene funnier.)

In other news: apparently the 3rd and 4th Stella no Mahou BD volumes will include an OVA. I'm kind of unsure about it because ANN hasn't reported it yet, but both Amazon and the official website list it under the contents so I'm probably not hallucinating it. Looks like it will be one story told in two parts. The title is "Kayo's birthday".

joined Feb 15, 2013

Schoolgirl Striker direction of ep 2 was kinda strange. Like I think the whole first half is a bit filler-ish. And the fact that physical training somehow can upgrade their weapons (from R 3 to SR 1 in the game) was weird to say the least. Are these girls seriously strengthen by participating in school life activities?

The whole fighting sequence later was excellently animated through

I know the main storyline from playing the game. But I don't know how they were going to adapt all the bits into anime, and so far it seems they are understandably taking a different approach (the game actually introduced the 5 girls, then expand and introduce the rest of the cast as these 5 actually have their own group of friends before being assembled into the group). Unfortunately the anime direction in ep 2 is not how I think they should do it

I do afraid that they are trying too hard to please the game audiences. The sock puppets, Tsubame pajama + her room, the parallel world, their base design, etc... were all replicated from the game. There was a lot of detail paying onto it and it's definitely fun for me to see it in the anime. But I think it will fly over most non-gamer heads

PS: I have a lot of hope on Schoolgirl Striker anime as a game-adaptation because a) the characters are already very established, b) no male in sight, and it's easy to ship some 'certain' pairings, c) it has a good lore and story-line that is easy to adapt + many events that could fit as filler. Don't screw this up J.C. Staff!!

last edited at Jan 13, 2017 7:24PM

joined Mar 11, 2016

Urara Meichirou is rocking every other show for me this season. Did I get it right?? the sentence I mean. xD

last edited at Jan 14, 2017 6:24AM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Urara Meichirou is rocking every other show for me this season. Did I get it right?? the sentence I mean. xD

For me too. It's the show I most look forward to and which makes me the happiest. It's so gay!!

Sin%20t%c3%adtulonuuuu
joined Apr 20, 2013

I agree!!! the sweeeeetness of urara is unbeatable!

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

i'm really loving little witch academia.......im just shipping Akko and diana so hard right now .

joined Dec 18, 2016

Nyanko Days is the best anime ever made. LotGH & NGE combined can't even come close to this masterpiece. Those who disagree have shit taste ಠ_ಠ

I can watch this all day

To reply you must either login or sign up.