Forum › Anime season

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Oh, good to see the full thing. I have seen some of the pictures from that thing on Pixiv and Danbooru.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Fans deliver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ay6gEPyedo

That. Was. AWESOME!! All the right ships, cute animation, sexy... What more to ask for? Is this really fan-made?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kayo-chin posted:

That. Was. AWESOME!! All the right ships, cute animation, sexy... What more to ask for? Is this really fan-made?

It looks that way but wow that ending was soooo sexy

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

It really was, though i wish i didn't watch it with my 10 year old niece right beside me. Luckily, i didn't have any explanation to do since Candy Crush saved me from that.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I can't shake off the image of Tohru swallowing and licking Kobayashi's underwear...
SO Another one for the To Do list in drawings! hahahaahaha

I liked that part when she immediately said "I love you sexually!" and Kobayashi's understands so there's no way we will get that confused later on XP If she acknowledges that and still let her stay, even for a gag comedy we have yuri.
One sided ... But with hope

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 6:02PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Schoolgirl Strikers is, and I quote, "a story of love, courage and friendship". Please, please, please, don't give me false hope!

Minami Katakura is like Bakuon with bicycles. Even has an ojou-sama, and the protagonists even have the same seiyuu.

last edited at Jan 13, 2017 3:08PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

This whole month of January is going to be filler episodes of DB Super.

Though next moth they are starting Multi Universal Tournament.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Kobayashi-san was good. I like that we're told right away that Tooru is in love with Kobayashi, so it can't be mistaken for platonic gratitude or whatever. Nope, she wants to get into Kobayashi's pants and she's very honest about it.

Gabriel Dropout has two demonic angels, an angelic demon, and a clown. The first episode is worth watching just for this setup. (I've never understood why cockroaches were blurred out in anime and manga. Although in this case, it just made the scene funnier.)

In other news: apparently the 3rd and 4th Stella no Mahou BD volumes will include an OVA. I'm kind of unsure about it because ANN hasn't reported it yet, but both Amazon and the official website list it under the contents so I'm probably not hallucinating it. Looks like it will be one story told in two parts. The title is "Kayo's birthday".

joined Feb 15, 2013

Schoolgirl Striker direction of ep 2 was kinda strange. Like I think the whole first half is a bit filler-ish. And the fact that physical training somehow can upgrade their weapons (from R 3 to SR 1 in the game) was weird to say the least. Are these girls seriously strengthen by participating in school life activities?

The whole fighting sequence later was excellently animated through

I know the main storyline from playing the game. But I don't know how they were going to adapt all the bits into anime, and so far it seems they are understandably taking a different approach (the game actually introduced the 5 girls, then expand and introduce the rest of the cast as these 5 actually have their own group of friends before being assembled into the group). Unfortunately the anime direction in ep 2 is not how I think they should do it

I do afraid that they are trying too hard to please the game audiences. The sock puppets, Tsubame pajama + her room, the parallel world, their base design, etc... were all replicated from the game. There was a lot of detail paying onto it and it's definitely fun for me to see it in the anime. But I think it will fly over most non-gamer heads

PS: I have a lot of hope on Schoolgirl Striker anime as a game-adaptation because a) the characters are already very established, b) no male in sight, and it's easy to ship some 'certain' pairings, c) it has a good lore and story-line that is easy to adapt + many events that could fit as filler. Don't screw this up J.C. Staff!!

last edited at Jan 13, 2017 7:24PM

joined Mar 11, 2016

Urara Meichirou is rocking every other show for me this season. Did I get it right?? the sentence I mean. xD

last edited at Jan 14, 2017 6:24AM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Urara Meichirou is rocking every other show for me this season. Did I get it right?? the sentence I mean. xD

For me too. It's the show I most look forward to and which makes me the happiest. It's so gay!!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I agree!!! the sweeeeetness of urara is unbeatable!

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

i'm really loving little witch academia.......im just shipping Akko and diana so hard right now .

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Nyanko Days is the best anime ever made. LotGH & NGE combined can't even come close to this masterpiece. Those who disagree have shit taste ಠ_ಠ

I can watch this all day

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Gabriel Dropout: I don't know whether to hate Raphiel or love her. She seems like a sadistic bully, but on the other hand it feels like she could be in love with Satania...

joined Oct 4, 2015

Gabriel Dropout: I don't know whether to hate Raphiel or love her. She seems like a sadistic bully, but on the other hand it feels like she could be in love with Satania...

She is a sadistic bully, she just found in Satania the perfect victim. So now her world revolves around Satania('s suffering).

joined Feb 15, 2013

Not really related to current anime season. But wow, Your Name (Kimi no Na wa) is just so damn good.

The funny thing is, the pace of the romance development (which indicate in the trailer as its main theme) ended up letting the anime down for me. Everything else and beyond, include things that is not in the trailer? They were all near perfect. In fact, the only thing that can stop "Your Name" from winning (multiple) Oscar is the misconception "anime is for kid"

Considering its main theme of star-crossed lovers. In some way, it was a real pity that it was not a yuri anime. Because it has everything that can help a yuri anime to go mainstream and become a romance masterpiece

Aghhhh, it bugged me so much. Thinking over "what if" something hit Shinkai's head and he decided to go bold and make Your Name to be yuri. We coudl have entered the golden age of yuri!!

last edited at Jan 17, 2017 7:41PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Demi-chan wa Kataritai is sooo funny! I really love it, nothing subtext (maybe?) or yuri but really enjoyable.
The militar genderswap loli is algo good, mostly thanks to chapter2

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Ugh the entire mpth of filler DB Super feels more longer than i thought.

Still 2 weeks before they jump into main story again.

Ugh.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Kuzu no Honkai started out OK, hopefully the anime smooths out some of the dumber chapters from the manga.

Judging by how explicit the sexual themes were in ep 1, they're definitely going to get to the bisexuality as well.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Demi-chan wa Kataritai is sooo funny! I really love it, nothing subtext (maybe?) or yuri but really enjoyable.

Military genderswap loli?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Youjo Senki/Saga of Tanya the Evil. It's pretty good, at least come ep 2

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

risingstar3110 posted:

Military genderswap loli?

AKA Youjo senki

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Ok...
Urara Meichirou is really fun and borderline yuri. Keeping it.

Kobayashi-san is fine and you guys were all worried lol.

I don't know what else I should watch, I'm kinda lost atm...I tried Schoolgirl Strikers but the 1st ep was awful and don't feel like watching the rest.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I don't know what else I should watch, I'm kinda lost atm...I tried Schoolgirl Strikers but the 1st ep was awful and don't feel like watching the rest.

Just within the yuri-ish comedy section of the season, Little Witch Academia and Gabriel Dropout are worth a look. Otherwise... pretty much just Youjo Senki

To reply you must either login or sign up.