Forum › Anime season

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I've dropped Hibike. Reina's weird obsession with Taki is just distasteful. Not because of the het, but because of how degraded her character has turned.
She was really cool in S1, now it just seems she would even lick the floor if Taki asked her too.
Besides that, Kumiko is developed pretty nicely and has made new friends. Hope they don't ef up her too in the end.

joined Mar 11, 2016

@Jtt, Thanks buddy. I gave it a few ep and now am half way through. Found it better than most of today's shows. ;)

I think kyoani don't have the guts to realize the yuri potential of its shows or they simply don't support a more than friends relationship between girls. They, very smartly, are preaching their view of "no matter how strong their bond is; it /cannot/will not/ go beyond that", "it is just a phase" and "het is the /only/right/ way for girls". They have always? shown it in their works that het /wins/is the end game/ even if she loves her girl friend or vice versa <<<Tamako Market.

last edited at Dec 15, 2016 9:33AM

joined Jan 21, 2015

I'm going to agree with an earlier comment about Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume. The scene before they leave the school made it seem like Agari's ex came back to reconnect and found her with a new girlfriend. The issue is obviously sports-related, but it's much funnier to imagine it's about personal entanglements instead.

I ended up watching that butt anime. I was intrigued that many people seemed to enjoy it for more than the fanservice. And I think I understand. Sure, it's dumb as fuck. But it's so... earnest about its stupidity that it actually works for me. The fanservice is so blatant that it's kind of refreshing. I watched Brave Witches afterwards and there were several shots of a character speaking while someone's ass was in the foreground for no reason, taking up a third of the screen. Keijo is about breasts and butts, so of course there will be close-ups and detailed conversations about shape, size and firmness. I'm not sure I'm making sense, but all the fanservice bothers me less than it probably should.
I love Nozomi, she's a great protagonist. I don't know if Sayaka's tsundere antics towards her are meant to be seen as a crush or not, but I'm going to assume they are.

CR is doing a pretty good job with the adaptation, I think. With all those ass and boob puns, the translator must be either having a blast or hating their life.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah, Keijo is showing how you must deal with fanservice, making it interesting and funny X) and... I tried to give Brave Witches a shot but hmmm nop, it was boring and cliche... I loved that part in the second chapter when the MC shouted "Then let me fight until I die!" but then I saw episode 3 and sigh ... boring.

Now... FlipFlap the power to USE pure illusion at will is just too crazy, she's pretty much a God and I'm not sure where she came from, that dark side of her, they're both her mother because both love Cocona... But you can't just switch your personality like that.

Still the show is not impressive or artistically beautiful like previous chapters.. I feel that, they had great ideas and so they decided to let the writes do what they want in the first episodes, and then at the end the director said "OK that's enough fun! let's go back to the old formula that has worked in like thousand series before, let's not take risk anymore!!" it's kind of anticlimactic... We're still left with some wild cards like the nyunyu and questions like why is Papika so young again but idk, I'm still worried, I hope they give us 13 or 14 episodes, with only 12 it won't work

Papika said that she loved loved loved Cocona, if this ends with a Kiss... I'll remember Flip Flap forever, if not... We still have gay ping pong.

I think the guy with the laptop from episode 7 wasn't a new character, it was actually Salt with different clothes setting the trap that didn't work for shit in today's episode... But... How did he get inside Pure Illusion? with the fragment left by Mimi? Or well... Maybe that garden wasn't part of Pure lllusion

last edited at Dec 15, 2016 8:26PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I think the guy with the laptop from episode 7 wasn't a new character, it was actually Salt with different clothes setting the trap that didn't work for shit in today's episode... But... How did he get inside Pure Illusion? with the fragment left by Mimi? Or well... Maybe that garden wasn't part of Pure lllusion

I always knew it, tho I didn't realise it was for a trap, even after I saw said trap. Also in the op, the shot of grown up Salt in his chair and the boy, it's at this same location. And I don't think it's Pure Illusion, Papika flew there on her hover board lol. I think this ep overwhelmed me, if I really wanted to think about it, I'd probably have so much to say and to ask, so here I am just not thinking about it lmao. Another day lol

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Faust posted:

I always knew it, tho I didn't realise it was for a trap, even after I saw said trap. Also in the op, the shot of grown up Salt in his chair and the boy, it's at this same location. And I don't think it's Pure Illusion, Papika flew there on her hover board lol. I think this ep overwhelmed me, if I really wanted to think about it, I'd probably have so much to say and to ask, so here I am just not thinking about it lmao. Another day lol

Damn it! I totally thought they continued in Pure illusion (It's a very weird place, flowers, weird shaped rocks and a black lake)... I probably saw the opening the first time and then skipped it, I don't like openings, they contain lots of spoilers so that place was new for me.

I was confused thinking that there were people trapped inside pure Illusion all this time,

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So Flip Flappers turned into Eva there for a bit. Looks like we'll be continuing past where that ended, though

joined Feb 15, 2013

So... Hibike...

I watched the first (double) episode of S2. Decided that it's already a perfect ending for the franchise (the gay firework watching) so was waiting till S2 finished to see whether it's worth to watch it....

I assume it's not?

last edited at Dec 15, 2016 11:15PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

So... Hibike...

I watched the first (double) episode of S2. Decided that it's already a perfect ending for the franchise (the gay firework watching) so was waiting till S2 finished to see whether it's worth to watch it....

I assume it's not?

Lol hush, just stop there for the time being and maybe forever. I'm gonna pretend nothing is happening with Hibike right now

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

So... Hibike...

I assume it's not?

If you are here for the yuri, no. In general it's not that bad, it's just Reina that has ruined it imo. Ironically, she was the one who made it great in S1

last edited at Dec 16, 2016 2:27AM

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

MacySan posted:

So... Hibike...

I assume it's not?

If you are here for the yuri, no. In general it's not that bad, it's just Reina that has ruined it imo. Ironically, she was the one who made it great in S1

Yeah they destroyed her character. KyoAni has this thing for ruining characters they have, especially if they are involved in something lesbionic.

joined Sep 21, 2014

So... Hibike...

I assume it's not?

Yeah they destroyed her character. KyoAni has this thing for ruining characters they have, especially if they are involved in something lesbionic.

Idk, what is she like in the source material? Did the author himself ruin his own character, or would you attribute blame of her character development onto Kyoani directly? Was she supposed to be written differently?

last edited at Dec 16, 2016 4:12AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Idk, what is she like in the source material? Did the author himself ruin his own character, or would you attribute blame of her character development onto Kyoani directly? Was she supposed to be written differently?

I think they mean KyoAni creates/develops great characters like Reina, then later mishandles them. Reina was pretty much the reason I liked the show and the reason the show is my phone wallpaper, but lately I haven't really been following it. The Taki thing and the way Kumiko and Reina's relationship seem to be going are annoying.

joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't know what exactly happens in the novels, but since they changed Shuichi's importance so much, they could do the same with Taki.
But it's true that the author was pretty persistent this was all just adolescence, and that they were simply best friends .
I still think though KyoAni could have stopped earlier without dragging it all over the whole season.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

KyoAni didn't ruined Reina. That was her character all the time. By the way, the original author is a woman. I'm saying that because of people calling her "him".

It wasn't the author who said that about adolescence, it was Yamada, the anime's producer. The original author said she wanted to show friendship as being stronger than romantic love only. Actually, all this bait is KyoAni fault. The original novel doesn't look that gay, and I think it wouldn't be a yuri fan base following it if they had adapted faithfully.

I don't blame KyoAni for running yuri. I blame they for introducing baiting. The anime didn't even need that.

Also, I'll avoid making any conclusions about Flip Flappers until it's over.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Based on what i heard from Hibike S1 only. But apparently the novel was even gayer than the anime (when Kumiko hug Reina, she was sniffing on her hair and trace her bra back strap and such) . BUT it also was balanced out by doses of het (she was very concious with what-his-face name, Shuichi?). So Kumiko always in that somewhat bi status that the author can run it off as adolescence.

KyoAni, while tone down the gayness a bit, actually almost removed the entire het altogether. So we ended up having a fairly gay anime (S1) instead

PS: KyoAni better don't screw up my yuri dragon maid anime!!!

last edited at Dec 16, 2016 10:20AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Speaking based on what i heard from Hibike S1 only. But apparently the novel was even gayer than the anime (when Kumiko hug Reina, she was sniffing on her hair and trace her bra back strap and such) . BUT it also was balanced out by doses of het (she was very concious with what-his-face name, Shuichi?). So Kumiko always in that somewhat bi status that the author can run it off as adolescence.

KyoAni, while tone down the gayness a bit, actually almost removed the entire het altogether. So we ended up having a fairly gay anime (S1) instead

I saw people quoting some things from the book and seriously, it doesn't look any different than any het anime does when a girl finds other pretty. I have no read the book itself, though, and I don't plan to, but every translated portion I read (that should be a proof about how gay the novel was) really wasn't much. Others things to note is that the first arc in the novel isn't about Reina at all. And she goes home everyday with Shuichi.

The reason to cut Shuichi romance makes sense (not wanting making a shoujo romance in an anime highly targeted to male audience), but all the bait was unnecessary. Worse, from interviews, this bait probably started with the own Yamada. All that scene in the top of the mountain was her idea. Although the director looks like he's okay with yuri shipping (he made chuu2) and the writer writes Love Live, so... Again, the original author never said anything about adolescence, she never needed to, because people only saw it as yuri after the anime.

I don't even like KumiRei pairing. I would be happy with a yuri end, but seriously, all this ship has going is that beautifully directed scene at the top of the hill. Aside from that, their interactions are always just a step to Reina's crush. And seriously, Reina is a empty character. First season was about her, so she had some relevance. But now, while Kumiko is doing all sorts of things... I just remember Reina being useless and irrelevant this season.

The sad thing is that the last two arcs were great, but KyoAni choose to close everything with another boring arc about Reina's crush that no one cares. That's theirs worst sin this season, imo.

And if they want bait yuri, they could switch Reina for Asuka and it would be way better

PS: KyoAni better don't screw up my yuri dragon maid anime!!!

Considering the complains about Hibike is being too faithful to the source work where we didn't want it to be, I don't think we need to worry about that.

last edited at Dec 16, 2016 10:31AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

KyoAni didn't ruined Reina. That was her character all the time.

I disagree. She is an anime character and unlike real people, her personality is not something that is always there. It is something that changes and develops according to the creators.
She did had a crush on Taki on season 1 too, but she never had shown this brain-dead part. They could at least chose not to make her act so weird and still keep her crush for him.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013
joined Sep 21, 2014

cough Flip
http://i.imgur.com/M3lQXWL.jpg

Niiice, official art?

joined Feb 15, 2013

I don't know why KyoAni do this. I means is there actually a group of audiences who like to be baited with Yuri, and love to see it turns to het over time? Maybe it is a thing in Japan for people to go "look at how gay these girls are, they are straight through"?

I means what is the financial motive for going with what they do? Is there an unspoken rule that if your anime isn't screaming Yuri to start the day with. They can't end as one?

Anyway, on the topic, unforgivable sins that I never forgive, to any authors or any studio that does it:
- a child-like character is killed, then his/her murderer walk free
- bury-your-gays (yuri character embrace their love, then get killed, ), especially despicable if combine with...
- ... gay curing, a girl is established as lesbian, then turn 180 degrees to het once meet a guy

last edited at Dec 16, 2016 4:33PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Maybe it is a thing in Japan for people to go "look at how gay these girls are, they are straight through"?

More like thinking of every homophobic.

Anyways, i think it's people's own fault to even hope that they would get a yuri anime from someone who is yuri baiting them for years and then bitching about it.

But then again 'Common sense not in common people'.

At least i put them on my 'Never watch his works' list.

last edited at Dec 16, 2016 4:51PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Faust posted:

cough Flip
http://i.imgur.com/M3lQXWL.jpg

Niiice, official art?

Yup! or at least I'm 99%

To reply you must either login or sign up.