Forum › Touhou Project discussion

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Dear God. I accidentally clicked the general Touhou doujin tag and my cell phone screen was covered with with a wall of couples tags.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I was thinking about this last night, but I think one thing that really grabs me about Touhou stories is that most of the characters are functionally adults. Certain there are characters who physically resemble children (the Scarlet sisters, Suika and the fairies, notably) and a couple of actual children or teenagers like Hieda and Youmu, but they're pretty much exceptions. Even Sanae, who was a high schooler in the outside world, has been in Gensokyo for some time when most stories about her happen. Everyone else, even childish-acting characters like Marisa are accomplished drinkers, live independently and are often experienced in their fields. Generally I get the impression of at least 18 or 19 for most of them, and characters like Sakuya I'd even put into their mid-20s as far as attitudes and looks go. Official materials may disagree, but I'm largely going by how they're presented in stories more than a number on a page.

A yuri setting largely full of fully (or at least mostly) grown women is a rare thing to come by, and I think that's something that really grabs me about Touhou, other than the inspired setting itself.

Seija
joined Dec 12, 2014

Dear God. I accidentally clicked the general Touhou doujin tag and my cell phone screen was covered with with a wall of couples tags.

Haha Everytime I look at the touhou page this happens to me ^q^

Seija
joined Dec 12, 2014

I know this is crack, but I really want someone to make a Cirno x Suwako Doujin

joined Dec 18, 2014

Haha Everytime I look at the touhou page this happens to me ^q^

And the list just continues to grow...

Icon%202
joined Nov 20, 2014

What are the best doujinshis here ??As you people said there is so many things that i don`t even know where to start from. Can anyone suggest anything??

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What are the best doujinshis here ??As you people said there is so many things that i don`t even know where to start from. Can anyone suggest anything??

Anything by Personal Colour, Millet Soup, most of Hole of Yago's stuff, Aki Eda, Pigeonblood, FLIPFLOPs, Kamo Nari, Ichinose and Nakatani NIo. Plus anything in the Canon tag, of course.

After that, you can just nibble away at whatever.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, and definitely read Advent Cirno, it's brilliant.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh, and definitely read Advent Cirno, it's brilliant.

Sadly, it doesn't has an ending ;_;

Knight%20model%20(the%20pelandes%20quest)
joined Jan 3, 2015

Anything by Personal Colour, Millet Soup, most of Hole of Yago's stuff, Aki Eda, Pigeonblood, FLIPFLOPs, Kamo Nari, Ichinose and Nakatani NIo. Plus anything in the Canon tag, of course.

And once you have warmed up a little bit, try some of Yohane's works. You won't regret it!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And once you have warmed up a little bit, try some of Yohane's works. You won't regret it!

Yeah, I adore Yohane and Yakumi Sarai, but they're really not for beginners.

I did forget to add GP-Kids though, their stuff is pretty fluffy. Although the cop-out ending of Daisy Field is seriously annoying, so don't read that first (although it works if you read Sweet Catastrophe immediately following).

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Nez, are you suggesting that Yonurime, Atoki and Vivit Gray are just for nibbling at...?

Also, I hear that Irua's got some good stuff...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez, are you suggesting that Yonurime, Atoki and Vivit Gray are just for nibbling at...?

Nibbling is what you do with sweets, isn't it?

But more seriously, I didn't want to give too many names and overwhelm the poor person. But the fact is, there are an awful lot of seriously talented people making Touhou stuff, at least as represented on this site. There are a couple I don't care for, but for the most part it's hard to go wrong.

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 11:05AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

If you want sweet romance, poprication, Yonurime and Vivit Gray are the go-tos. Personal Color is a wondreful story teller too, and has very sweet nsfw works.

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 12:53PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Seconding Personal Color. Quite frankly, their portrayal of Alice is my favorite among doujin circles.

If you want something cute and fluffy, Millet Soup.
Something dark - Asatsuki Dou.
For MariAri - Cloud Palette.
If MeiSaku's your thing - Pigeonblood.
For TeruMokou aka KaguMokou - Chihagura.
GP-Kids for ReiSana.

Teenage%20cirno
joined Jun 15, 2015

I want someone to make a series where Cirno suddenly become an teenager (I consider her a kid now) and acts mature, I don't want those where she grows up slowly, I want to see the reaction of the others towards a suddenly mature Cirno. Who's with me?

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

I'm personally very fond of Karaagetarou's work, and they have a really unique art style.

MakixNico4ever
2015-09-26-23-21-01-1
joined Aug 1, 2015

Lol lot of tags, YURI TAGS. (·8·)/

last edited at Aug 8, 2015 9:30AM

Th
joined Oct 31, 2015

I wonder if anyone has ever made a Shanghai X Hourai doujin

joined Jul 9, 2013

hi guys, I'm looking for Reimu and Marisa doujin. I forgot it name and it too to search for it. It about marisa want to see reimu reaction based on how mush she donate. it a comedy story. I hope anyone can give me the title.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

hi guys, I'm looking for Reimu and Marisa doujin. I forgot it name and it too to search for it. It about marisa want to see reimu reaction based on how mush she donate. it a comedy story. I hope anyone can give me the title.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dichromatic_butterfly#1

joined Jul 9, 2013

Thank you so much!! I have been looking for it for a long time :)

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

So much pairings!
I don't really know what tohou is about but it's really cute!

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

More like How to Crash Your Phone.

joined May 4, 2016

OK lads, "Watch me" by Atoki has paved the way for the polyamory tag.
The time for pairings is still here, and the time for triads has come!
The wall just isn't quite big enough to crash my phone, and that has to change.

To reply you must either login or sign up.