Forum › Salomelic discussion

joined Jun 22, 2012

Can somebody please explain why ch2 has a supernatural tag? :)

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Can somebody please explain why ch2 has a supernatural tag? :)

It's a tagging for the whole series, not individual chapters i think

last edited at Apr 11, 2014 12:18PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Never seen a manga where children act like children... They always looks like "what I think children act like" from the mangaka's perspective, instead of anything out of observation... They also come off like "children" acting and talking like adults at the same time as well.

Aaaaanyways, that was a sudden twist in the end... It's... too good to believe >_>

last edited at Apr 11, 2014 12:49PM

daaaaw! :3 <3 <3 <3

Dynasty02
joined May 25, 2013

This is just so damn fishy.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Phew, glad Salome didn't decide to have her own version of Carrie.

+1

That would be quite a thing to see. Shame on me for not watching it.

Anyways, FRIENDS! THEY ARE AWESOME!

joined Sep 9, 2013

Wow kids are sure A-Holes. Just reading this hits close to home. That you act like a adult excuse just pissed me out. Cant wait to read more

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Fail mom is fail

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

This feels so random...
- Boyfriend pops in
- Breakup with boyfriend moments later
- Mom getting married
- Mom dumps dude
- No more magic
- Moving away

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

This feels so random...
- Boyfriend pops in
- Mom getting married
- Mom dumps dude
- No more magic
- Moving away

it feels like a bigger story was compressed into a smaller one, also the "the magic leaves you when you grow old" trope is dumb, mostly due it being freaking magic i find it odd that the mystical powers of the universe just pack up and move out when you go through puberty, i mean i know teenagers can be whiny but jeez

and as for the moving thing: WORST MOM EVER, you dont move just because you got dumped, do you not care about your daughter at all you dumb bitch?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

This feels so random...
- Boyfriend pops in
- Mom getting married
- Mom dumps dude
- No more magic
- Moving away

it feels like a bigger story was compressed into a smaller one, also the "the magic leaves you when you grow old" trope is dumb, mostly due it being freaking magic i find it odd that the mystical powers of the universe just pack up and move out when you go through puberty, i mean i know teenagers can be whiny but jeez

and as for the moving thing: WORST MOM EVER, you dont move just because you got dumped, do you not care about your daughter at all you dumb bitch?

But look, Drama (and Aaaaaangst) tags need to be address, we need fodder for the drama.

last edited at May 13, 2014 3:53PM

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

This feels so random...
- Boyfriend pops in
- Mom getting married
- Mom dumps dude
- No more magic
- Moving away

But look, Drama (and Aaaaaangst) tags need to be address, we need fodder for the drama.

And im once again reminded of citrus, and no that is not a good thing like other people keep trying to tell me.
the first 2 chapters of this were so good and did drama well! why did we need to have this forced compressed crap :(

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

This feels so random...
- Boyfriend pops in
- Mom getting married
- Mom dumps dude
- No more magic
- Moving away

And im once again reminded of citrus, and no that is not a good thing like other people keep trying to tell me.
the first 2 chapters of this were so good and did drama well! why did we need to have this forced compressed crap :(

Oh GOD... We gonna start a shitstorm...

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

This feels so random...
- Boyfriend pops in
- Mom getting married
- Mom dumps dude
- No more magic
- Moving away

Oh GOD... We gonna start a shitstorm...

And this is why i dont like to be reminded of citrus XD

joined Dec 18, 2013

Well, at least it wasn't each of those in their own separate chapter with minimal character development and cliffhangers every time and it was only necessary to read 4 chapters in to find out that it was going to be so boring.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Actually I wonder if the magic does actually leave when you grow older. Mom isn't exactly the most reliable information source.

That and she's almost criminally bad at parenting. No wonder Salome's so bad at coping with people, not that her tendency to overthink things helps much.

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Actually I wonder if the magic does actually leave when you grow older. Mom isn't exactly the most reliable information source.

That and she's almost criminally bad at parenting. No wonder Salome's so bad at coping with people, not that her tendency to overthink things helps much.

I swear to god if this goes the "you never had magic to begin with" route i am gonna be pissed

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The whole 'magic' thing is really awkward. It just didn't get enough focus for this latest twist to have much impact. Or enough focus to justify it's existence, really

That aside, I don't think this was too rushed

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

next i expect time skip and high school arc!!!!

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

This is like so incredibly predictable. Magic shouldn't really have a place in yuri unless the yuri is not the main focus, but in this case it is. So I don't like that they never explain why she has magic and it's also some metaphorical bull crap. It's like I'm reading another Flag time.

joined Apr 1, 2013

why cant they be happily ever after?

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

My guess is the magic doesn't really leave, and it's just being suppressed because the User is losing grip on their powers due to unresolved issues of the sort.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Ugh, I hate those childish and inmature parents, I also can't stand those girls that only want chocolate. The main pai is pretty cute at least.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I swear to god if this goes the "you never had magic to begin with" route i am gonna be pissed

Well, She IS making chocolate appear out of thin air, so at the very least the magic was real. Now to figure out if she still has it or not. Following the cliches, probably they lose their magic if they fall in love, as Salome could no longer perform it after realizing her feelings for Hikari and her mother is constantly seeking company...

This feels so random...
- Boyfriend pops in
- Mom getting married
- Mom dumps dude
- No more magic
- Moving away

The boyfriend popping up and immediately getting shelved actually makes sense if we assume Hikari is a lesbian and has been before the start of the story. If that is correct, then the guy would have served the same purpose to Hikari as Mari's "boyfriend" in Girl Friends. Mom's situation is not surprising, as it's like described in the first chapter.

last edited at May 13, 2014 11:35PM

joined Sep 11, 2013

I'm disappointed...

They had a setup for a lot more than a short story. Even if it hard turned out lame, I'd have been satisfied.

To reply you must either login or sign up.