Forum › Posts by weatherflonium

weatherflonium
joined Oct 20, 2014

Oh, Suika finally caught sight of Kasen. That'll be interesting.

For those who don't delve into the >deepest lore, Suika is generally considered to be based on Shuten-douji, also known as Ibuki-douji. Shuten-douji is associated with another oni leader, Ibaraki-douji. Now, where have we heard that name before? (She was also acquainted with a Hoshikuma-douji, who is pretty obviously the inspiration for Yuugi.)

A common theory even says Shuten-douji and Ibaraki-douji were lovers. (And yet, still no Kasen/Suika tag in sight...)

weatherflonium
Image Comments 10 Apr 11:21
joined Oct 20, 2014
Nanoha%20vivid%202

^ The blonde kid is their (well, officially Nanoha's, but she calls Fate "mama" too) adopted daughter, green-hair is probable future daughter-in-law.

Also, you haven't seen Nanoha? Watch it. It's good.

weatherflonium
joined Oct 20, 2014

A wild Akado-sensei appears!

weatherflonium
joined Oct 20, 2014

All of this BuCap keeps pushing me closer to the point of wanting to learn Mahjong and reading the Saki manga.

I recommend www.gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html for a starting one-player Mahjong game.
Just be aware that the AI plays for really fast, cheap hands.

joined Oct 20, 2014

You guys all forgot Akagi x Bauxite.

That's not a pairing, that's a law of the universe.

joined Oct 20, 2014

This is how I imagine they interact behind scenes. All business when on duty but super clingy and flirtacious off duty.

Do you per chance have a moment to talk about our third saviour couple, Tatsuta x Tenryuu?

My great problem with Kancolle: Can't pick out my favourite ship². I'm still torn between Tatsuta x Tenryuu, Akagi x Kaga, and (naturally) Mutsu x Nagato, and I usually don't have much trouble picking my OTP...

Hey let's not leave out Kitakami x Ooi now.

I knew I was forgetting someone.

joined Oct 20, 2014

Do you per chance have a moment to talk about our third saviour couple, Tatsuta x Tenryuu?

My great problem with Kancolle: Can't pick out my favourite ship². I'm still torn between Tatsuta x Tenryuu, Akagi x Kaga, and (naturally) Mutsu x Nagato, and I usually don't have much trouble picking my OTP...

weatherflonium
joined Oct 20, 2014

I love this manga; can't wait for the other parts to get done.

(btw, is her first name Byakuren or Hijiri?)

Byakuren.

last edited at Jan 18, 2015 9:24PM

weatherflonium
Sunny Spot discussion 16 Jan 21:23
joined Oct 20, 2014

Just finished the first season of Symphogear and loved it; glad there's a few Hibiki/Miku doujins here!

weatherflonium
joined Oct 20, 2014

Every since I first read this on Danbooru I cannot help but hear "Paranoid" playing starting on http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_prismrivers_ch07#48

Damn it, setz, you beautiful Finnish person

weatherflonium
joined Oct 20, 2014

Hm, that is what I was using. Must be a sizing issue, or perhaps different versions of the font.

I would appreciate it, thanks!

weatherflonium
joined Oct 20, 2014

...Um, isn't this missing a page or two?
I feel like there was a brief conversation between Meiling and Cirno before the last page...

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/620657?pool_id=1420

Typeset the missing page (with the Danbooru translation) at https://i.imgur.com/sgOS7Bx.png

It does not perfectly match with the original, but according to /u/ the original scanlator missed it. I can correct it if anyone knows the name of the original font used.

last edited at Oct 21, 2014 10:17AM