Forum › Until the Water Became Wholly Red discussion

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

Aw shit here we go again

Anyways

The newspaper Aya is reading is announcing the treaty of San Fransisco, the official peace treaty between Japan and the Allied powers signed in '51.

Edit to edit? Nice they pointed it out at the end.

last edited at Nov 17, 2023 1:56PM

Violin
joined Feb 10, 2022

Another Ashiyama Bungaku Banger? Let's go.

joined Apr 24, 2020

For full context: Unlike Gensokyo of Humans and Magician Who Loved a Fake, which were published through Strange Creators of Outer World, this is Ashiyama's self-published doujin that's been going since 2015. He's been working on it before, in between, and sometimes during those other series.

Most of the series has been originally published as books, which were then divided into chapters for the Pixiv release used here.

The plan is to upload two chapters a month, and once we've caught up, just do them whenever Ashiyama publishes more.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Huh interesting, make me wish I could buy physical English copy.

joined Jun 5, 2018

For full context: Unlike Gensokyo of Humans and Magician Who Loved a Fake, which were published through Strange Creators of Outer World, this is Ashiyama's self-published doujin that's been going since 2015. He's been working on it before, in between, and sometimes during those other series.

Most of the series has been originally published as books, which were then divided into chapters for the Pixiv release used here.

The plan is to upload two chapters a month, and once we've caught up, just do them whenever Ashiyama publishes more.

How many are out and how frequent do they update?

joined Apr 24, 2020

How many are out and how frequent do they update?

Right, forgot to include that.

There's 28 chapters right now, with the latest having come out a couple weeks ago. The actual release rate is uneven, though, and depends on what else Ashiyama is working on. Generally faster when he doesn't have another series going, obviously.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I guess it's rather tough to be a news reporter if you're not at all interested in anything.

Violin
joined Feb 10, 2022

Thanks for the TL. Lots of different threads coming up now.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Huh. Isn't there a fairly powerful tengu that uses tube foxes?

(Edit: I was thinking of Megumu Iizunamaru. I don't know how accurate it is to her canon portrayal, but one of the other stories on here revolves around her control of tube foxes and a consequent interaction with Ran. It also has her aiming to take Tenma's place, so ...)

last edited at Jan 18, 2024 1:37PM

joined Apr 24, 2020

The great thing is that these chapters originally came out in 2016, five years before Megumu was introduced.
(The Iizuna-Saburou they mention as one of the strongest tengu is also her.)

last edited at Jan 18, 2024 5:15PM

joined Aug 13, 2023

Aaaa I really like this work... Ashiyama Bungaku is one of my favourites, thank you for translating this!

joined Aug 13, 2023

Even as a newspaper worker first and foremost, you'd assume she'd have some degree of association with stamps, if not the printing presses that the printing house in Chapter 2 presumably has... Tengu must be terrible at Factorio, huh,

I like the implication that when Kappa have beef with each other, things get a lot more no-holds-barred, and the reflection on the fleeting nature of obituaries. The Minox Riga namedrop is really neat, too.

last edited at Feb 6, 2024 3:31PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Even as a newspaper worker first and foremost, you'd assume she'd have some degree of association with stamps, if not the printing presses that the printing house in Chapter 2 presumably has... Tengu must be terrible at Factorio, huh,

To be fair, the proper engineering answer should start by asking why you want to repeatedly write the character, because the shape of the solution will vary based on your goal. If you're just doing it on a whim then "get better at writing" probably is the correct answer as arranging the printing blocks and ink, for a one-off run, every time you have some weird, character based, whim probably isn't worth the effort.

joined Apr 24, 2020

Ashiyama recently updated the Pixiv version of the series to include certain minor changes that he made in the latest re-release of the books. At the time of writing, on Dynasty, we've only changed Ch. 1 due to the upload system being uncooperative. It's the one with the most significant changes, though, so maybe that's fine for now.

Ch. 1: Pages 1-9 redone with some new art and a couple pages that were in the original book release, but omitted from the Pixiv version until now. Also included a title page for "Part 1" of the series, which apparently includes books 1-2.
Ch. 3: Pages 10-11 redrawn to have more realistically sized money.
Ch. 4: Page 1 has a new introductory quote.

Besides those three, all future chapters will be using the latest version from the get-go.

last edited at Mar 11, 2024 10:07AM

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

Re: Chapter 10's name
They used a Carney tengu to build a crowd, you know, a tengu who uses tricks to build a crowd. Dressed in blue and all regal like, looked like a Daitengu. The Carney would run out into the street and suddenly shout.
"Help help help I've been robbed! Help I've been robbed"
And everyone would fly across the street while saying "what's the matter what's the matter"
"I've been robbed by the Capitalist system, fellow tengu!"

Bonus points if you know who told the story this is based on.

Violin
joined Feb 10, 2022

Thanks for the TL.

Each new chapter is raising more questions...gotta wonder how all the disparate elements are going to tie together.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I don't think she actually likes that crow...

To reply you must either login or sign up.