Forum › Kita, Guitar, Kizuita? discussion

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I'm glad Kita totally didn't mean it and was just joking around otherwise It be pretty gay

But this was a really well-drawn and neat story. One of those "I could see this happen"

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Why am I tearing up?

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

This feels like someone applied 2000's era angst to modern yuri, as nice as the art is and amazing typesetting with superb use of "If I could be a constellation", I don't like the constant mention of boys and other students dealing with the fact that Kita is gay like something that shouldn't be mentioned.

Screenshot%202023-08-18%20at%2014-36-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20virgins'%20empire%20ch136
joined Jun 13, 2023

the only thing holding this story back a bit is that Kita is very out of the closet in canon. Some lines felt a bit weird because of that.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

the only thing holding this story back a bit is that Kita is very out of the closet in canon. Some lines felt a bit weird because of that.

Rather than out of the closet she is "out of the closet" Kita's mom thought that when she was talking about Ryo/Bocchi she was talking about a boy, and was relaxed the moment she saw bocchi was a girl and not a dude, well she put up her guard up again when another misunderstanding came in but you get what im trying to say right? The fact that she didnt see bocchi as a "threat" means that either she doesnt know her daughter likes girls (or likes girls too) or that the story doesnt treat Kita's sexuality as something serious enough

last edited at Jul 11, 2023 1:51AM

joined Sep 3, 2017

i teared up. even though i didnt feel as if i understood this as much as i wanted to! in any case i love bokita and am very familiar with gay repression. pls be happy together.

joined Jan 11, 2014

ADORABLEEE. I liked how this story touched on how Kita had to act within the expectations of heteronormativity. Her gay yearning is palpable.

Beeimbw9_400x400
joined Dec 23, 2021

or that the story doesnt treat

You mean her mom doesnt treat it seriously enough. I wouldn't blame the story/author directly

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I had the same feeling, it felt so out of character for her.

Rather than out of the closet she is "out of the closet" Kita's mom thought that when she was talking about Ryo/Bocchi she was talking about a boy, and was relaxed the moment she saw bocchi was a girl and not a dude, well she put up her guard up again when another misunderstanding came in but you get what im trying to say right? The fact that she didnt see bocchi as a "threat" means that either she doesnt know her daughter likes girls (or likes girls too) or that the story doesnt treat Kita's sexuality as something serious enough

But that's just with her mom. Kita is very much openly gay and doesn't hide it all outside of home. A kid being out to everyone but their family isn't exactly unheard of.

Img_1426
joined Sep 23, 2022

Yeah, out of everything in this story to me personally the whole "if only you were a boy" line even if you want to take it as an one off comment or joke it seems kinda out of character for Kita. And I also didn't understand what her "friends" were trying to say. Maybe it's just there so that we know that they are gossiping about them but I don't know where that was going since when one of the girls about about to say something I think is close to her saying maybe she liked Gotoh but that got dismiss for something else, idk. Nice art though and with a bit of angst that felt a bit old school/fashion but maybe that's just me,lol.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

I had the same feeling, it felt so out of character for her.

But that's just with her mom. Kita is very much openly gay and doesn't hide it all outside of home. A kid being out to everyone but their family isn't exactly unheard of.

Thats what i meant with "out of the closet" rather than out of the closet, some ppl might actually not know she likes gurls ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

For a moment I thought Kita would gaslight Bocchi into dating her.

Alit%20rider%20kick!
joined Jun 22, 2022

The atmosphere in this one was IMPECCABLE

(also I got sniped by the Orga reference on page 13, even after 6 years it still hurts like a truck)

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

The art is great, even superior than the actual manga, i wish more doujin were likes this
Still, Kita saying that if bochi was a boy, is kind of wrong since she canonically in love with a girl and her friends know

last edited at Jul 11, 2023 1:36PM

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

Glad I'm not the only one who felt Kita's line about Bocchi being a boy felt so off...
I'm not done with the manga, so I don't know how "open" Kita is with her friends about her preferences but it just didn't feel good the whole "do you think Kita...?"
And of top of that, Bocchi being the one trying to close the gap between them to being "rejected" by Kita was weird.
I enjoy it a lot anyways, like it a lot, specially the art-

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

That is 100% the face of a maiden in love.

264352336_112865664560289_7964522278121608341_n
joined Apr 17, 2018

Very happy to see we're all finally judging the "if you only were a boy" like phrases

Img_8860
joined Jan 18, 2023

Very happy to see we're all finally judging the "if you only were a boy" like phrases

Precisely! If anything I expected Kita to say something internally like “its because youre not a boy is why I like you” or something like that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.