Forum › There Is No Love Wishing Upon a Star discussion

joined Jan 14, 2020

So, is the translator waiting for volume 2 to come out, to work on the whole thing?

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

So, is the translator waiting for volume 2 to come out, to work on the whole thing?

Volume 2 has been out for about a month, and the raws are online, so I'm going to say no. I think they're more focused on Citrus+.

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

11.2 Somewhat Summary for anyone interested

Not too much happens, but now I'm really starting to think Eri does actually like Fuyuki and isn't aware. A lot of her internal dialogue, now that I've taken some time to read it, really seems to suggest it. I've never thought of a "friend" the way Eri does. You'd think that would cause her to reflect on what that actually means for her. Alas.

Anyway. Fuyuki pushes away Eri (good). Fuyuki says it's because she's a bit sweaty. It's awkward. Eri kinda stammers her way into asking about "that senpai" coming to the training camp for the film club. Fuyuki says yeah because Senpai has experience taking pictures of dogs, I think, but also says she figured it would be nice to have some company.

Eri says "that's good" to the fact that Awesome Kurokawa Senpai is coming. Fuyuki says, "Well, I don't know if it's a good thing, but, well, I'm happy." Then she says she has to go back to campus, so they part awkwardly.

The part with Eri alone in her room, she's wondering who's really important to Fuyuki. She thinks about Fuyuki saying she was happy that "that senpai... no, her girlfriend" is coming to the training camp. It ends with Eri asking, "Why is she coming?"

I hope Senpai and Fuyuki make out hardcore and Eri runs away crying. One can dream~

last edited at Feb 15, 2024 11:38PM

joined May 11, 2023

So I was right! It says that next chapter is to be announced. So, there might be a break.

I really hate Eri. I know she cannot be a mind reader. But everything about her and the situation is pissing me off. I really want the story to put some distance between Fuyuki and Eri. I hope we see a reverse. That Eri walks inn on them having sex.

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

So I was right! It says that next chapter is to be announced. So, there might be a break.

If you're on comic-walker, I wouldn't say so. It usually says that for a bit and then updates the date a few days before the release.

I hope we see a reverse. That Eri walks inn on them having sex.

My guess is that Eri is going to have to share a room with them at the training camp. Eri will have to deal with seeing them together all day, and then once they're in their room, Senpai will go out of her way to make Eri uncomfortable. I could see Eri pretending to sleep so she doesn't have to talk to them, but then she has to listen to them make out or something. You know, Senpai saying something like, "Oh, she's asleep. She won't hear anything. And if she does, oh well." That'd be awesome, though I doubt Fuyuki would go that far.

Or the flip, Eri will be roomed with Kyou, who I'm sure will be expecting some affection she doesn't want to give. Meanwhile, she'll be wondering the whole time what Fuyuki and Senpai are doing in their room... which is nothing, but you know. Anything she imagines will probably be worse than reality, but not knowing for sure is pretty awful in its own way.

last edited at Feb 16, 2024 2:43PM

joined Apr 10, 2023

^
^
Agree lol. Anyway, I know it could be out of her character, but Eri gets angry and spills the beans to end their relationship would be top notch lol.

you're so weird for this. why the animosity towards fuyuki? i feel bad for her for falling for a straight girl, something a lot of us lesbians unfortunately suffer from. i hope fuyuki just breaks off away from Eri cuz nothing good will ever come from being her friend. it is exhausting to constantly try to please your friend, romantically or platonically speaking, just to make sure you stay close to them. i have experienced it (though gladly never fell for a close friend).

also, someone else mentioned "at least Kyou isn't a bad guy" when the dude deliberately told Fuyuki to stay away from Eri on her bday lmao. he only retracted that once he knew she'd get mad. yeah Kyou has possession problems and insecurity.

joined Feb 27, 2023

Wait so she actually walks in on them fucking? Wow ntr tag getting added when we eventually get the translation.. this shit sucks lol

joined Aug 21, 2016

New raw up. Seems like Eri's jealousy is getting obvious. Fuyuki's been by Senpai's side and Eri keeps looking at them, even getting bothered because she overhears Fuyuki call Senpai by her name, saying, "I can carry that for you, Sasaki-san." She's kinda cold to Kyou but idk if that's just her being in a pissed off mood because of Sasaki. Kyou asks her about the script and she's just half listening, eventually asking him "Fuyuki's girlfriend's name is Sasaki. Did you know?" To which he replies "Why would I?". The second half of the chapter is just about Kyou's pov of meeting the two as kids and if the next chapter is about him it'll be disappointing since I don't give a shit about his character. And by the looks of it it's probably gonna ba about how he feels out of place or jealous that Eri has loved Fuyuki more than him their entire lives.

last edited at Mar 8, 2024 4:41AM

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

New raw up. Seems like Eri's jealousy is getting obvious. Fuyuki's been by Senpai's side and Eri keeps looking at them, even getting bothered because she overhears Fuyuki call Senpai by her name, saying, "I can carry that for you, Sasaki-san." She's kinda cold to Kyou but idk if that's just her being in a pissed off mood because of Sasaki. Kyou asks her about the script and she's just half listening, eventually asking him "Fuyuki's girlfriend's name is Sasaki. Did you know?" To which he replies "Why would I?". The second half of the chapter is just about Kyou's pov of meeting the two as kids and if the next chapter is about him it'll be disappointing since I don't give a shit about his character. And by the looks of it it's probably gonna ba about how he feels out of place or jealous that Eri has loved Fuyuki more than him their entire lives.

Thanks for your spot-on translation! I loooove Eri's jealousy. Fuyuki and ~Sasaki-san~ aren't even flaunting their relationship. They're just being themselves and Eri is pissed. Delicious.

If there's anyone I want to hear from right now, I'd agree that it's not Kyou lmao. Fuyuki's POV would be nice. She's at least honest with herself, so we'd likely get a clearer explanation on her feelings than we would from Eri's POV. I wonder why Fuyuki kinda went fetal after pushing Eri away. Was it her own trauma around seeing Kyou and Eri hooking up, or was it a result of feeling like she hurt Eri's feelings/wasn't being a good friend? Truly hope it's not the latter.

Anyhow, if we do get Kyou's perspective on essentially competing with Fuyuki his whole life, it will make it even clearer that Eri has feelings for her.

joined Apr 10, 2023

just a correction, the senpai's name is Kisaki.

yeahhhh i have a feeling that the next part will be more kyou (ughhh). this author tends to go with the "realistic" part of relationships in their stories so i bet eri and kyou will stay together and have kids, maybe even married. fuyuki and kisaki will break up eventually then maybe we'll get an epilogue with a flash forward of them as adults in their 30s and eri will have divorced kyou, reminisce about her childhood and fuyuki then she'll have. "what if" moment where she and fuyuki are happy together (but not necessarily romantically together).

idk i just don't think eri likes fuyuki romantically but is just feeling left out just like when she was a kid and fuyuki was the only one to stick through with her. fuyuki will be tired of feeling like a 3rd wheel and now decided she needs to grow up and move on from eri and kyou, which i think will be the happy ending.

joined Apr 10, 2023

Fuyuki's POV would be nice. She's at least honest with herself, so we'd likely get a clearer explanation on her feelings than we would from Eri's POV. I wonder why Fuyuki kinda went fetal after pushing Eri away. Was it her own trauma around seeing Kyou and Eri hooking up, or was it a result of feeling like she hurt Eri's feelings/wasn't being a good friend? Truly hope it's not the latter.

Anyhow, if we do get Kyou's perspective on essentially competing with Fuyuki his whole life, it will make it even clearer that Eri has feelings for her.

i wouldn't say fuyuki is the most honest with herself. she's still hiding behind her promise with eri instead of just confessing to her. even if she gets turned down, at least she tried. but like i said, the author likes to take their stories a bit realistic so this is just typical teenage queer angst.

joined Aug 21, 2016

just a correction, the senpai's name is Kisaki.

Ah, my bad! Furigana was blurry as hell on comic walker when reading on the phone so I misread. Thanks!

so i bet eri and kyou will stay together and have kids, maybe even married

I think Eri and Kyou's relationship is built on a rocky foundation and it's obvious Eri really doesn't genuinely love him, so I'm thinking they won't last at all. And I feel like future chapters of this will illustrate the breakdown of their relationship, (hopefully lol). My assumption is that the first few panels of the first chapter is Eri's marriage to another guy while Kyou and Fuyuki are guests. My worry regarding Fuyuki is her ability to move on or not from Eri. I hope she does, but previous chapters make it clear that even if there's a gorgeous, kind girl who's right in front of her, she can't see herself loving anyone else but Eri which is an absolute bummer.

i wouldn't say fuyuki is the most honest with herself. she's still hiding behind her promise with eri instead of just confessing to her. even if she gets turned down, at least she tried.

Honestly I agree. I love my girl Fuyuki but woman is willing to be unhappy just to stay with her best friend when it's obvious this whole thing is breaking their friendship apart already, so why not just confess at this point. Her dynamic with Eri already changed after seeing her and Kyou fuck so it's at the point of no return already.

I wonder why Fuyuki kinda went fetal after pushing Eri away.

I think it's mostly trauma (and probably feeling a bit bad for recoiling away from Eri's touch). From the previous or so chapter, even just bringing up Eri's birthday triggered Fuyuki and made her remember it. The touch sent her over the edge. Girl wounded her own fingers so much from the anxiety and heartbreak from seeing the love of her life fuck their best friend. Yeah I think their friendship is at the point of no return tbh haha

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

I could have read it wrong, but in the chapter where Fuyuki is telling Senpai (I also saw Sasaki on that tiny furigana lol) that she walked in on Eri and Kyou, I think she tells Senpai that it won't be the same between her and Eri. She seems to know it's game over. But there's no good way of ditching your supposed best friend, you know? She could confess to end it but it's painful enough already.

That said, that might be totally wrong lol.

Yuri_book_club
joined May 11, 2023

I would have much more respect for the story if we actually got some normal human behavior for once. In many manga, characters often seem to accept things that would profoundly affect most people without much reaction. When you see your crush having sex with someone else, it should mess you up and change something. If that is the catalyst for Fuyuki dropping Eri as a bad apple, I will be so happy. Do we have any sort of indication about Eri's feelings from the text? All I can see is that she is not happy with the situation. But that does not mean love.

joined Apr 11, 2022

you're so weird for this. why the animosity towards fuyuki?

Wait why did you think I hate on Fuyuki? I just thought of a way to break this shit show, though obviously it didn't happen. Sorry about that.

And tbh, if the foreshadow in the first chapter means it's a wedding between Eri and another guy, then this really is a waste of time imo. Even on X author actively promotes Fuyuki, Eri and even the senpai, just to pull a "realistic" ending would be a slap on my face lol.

last edited at Mar 22, 2024 6:51AM

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

you're so weird for this. why the animosity towards fuyuki?

Wait why did you think I hate on Fuyuki? I just thought of a way to break this shit show, though obviously it didn't happen. Sorry about that.

Lol don't apologize for someone misunderstanding you. Live your life!

Agreed though that if the wedding is Eri's, I am not remotely interested. Even if it's to Fuyuki. Eri would have to do some serious maturing for me to be like 4% okay with that outcome.

This most recent chapter was such a bore, too. Kyou is fine, but he is not the reason any of us are here.

joined Jul 26, 2019

This most recent chapter was such a bore, too. Kyou is fine, but he is not the reason any of us are here.

While I have zero investment in Kyou as a character and was also disappointed that the most recent chapter continued centering around his pov, I think this focus is essential to what I assume is the eventual build up of his “competition” with Fuyuki and the subsequent dissolution of his relationship with Eri. There is no way in hell Kyou and Eri are going anywhere with their dating. Even Kyou is starting to realize that now. The most recent chapters had a girl straight up ask him why he’s even dating her. His dissatisfaction will come to a head soon.

In terms of evidence of Eri’s romantic jealousy, she saw Fuyuki through her window returning home in the morning after spending the night with senpai (implication of sex is obvious…even though readers know Fuyuki couldn’t go through with it), and this caused her to painfully and melancholically turn away. That to me was the most telling. We shall see what happens, now that they’re all sorta stuck together in close vicinity.

joined Apr 11, 2022

^
Nice analysis. I also believe this is the first long series of the author, and imo they are doing a good job progressing the story. I just hope we will have a satisfying conclusion, because so far it's angst and angst everywhere.

Yuri_book_club
joined May 11, 2023

Well, good and good I think the author should avoid dragging it out too much. Eventually, readers might get frustrated with the premise and Eri's character. Too much angst can become tiresome over time.

joined May 12, 2019

11.2 Somewhat Summary for anyone interested

Not too much happens, but now I'm really starting to think Eri does actually like Fuyuki and isn't aware. A lot of her internal dialogue, now that I've taken some time to read it, really seems to suggest it. I've never thought of a "friend" the way Eri does. You'd think that would cause her to reflect on what that actually means for her. Alas.

Anyway. Fuyuki pushes away Eri (good). Fuyuki says it's because she's a bit sweaty. It's awkward. Eri kinda stammers her way into asking about "that senpai" coming to the training camp for the film club. Fuyuki says yeah because Senpai has experience taking pictures of dogs, I think, but also says she figured it would be nice to have some company.

Eri says "that's good" to the fact that Awesome Kurokawa Senpai is coming. Fuyuki says, "Well, I don't know if it's a good thing, but, well, I'm happy." Then she says she has to go back to campus, so they part awkwardly.

The part with Eri alone in her room, she's wondering who's really important to Fuyuki. She thinks about Fuyuki saying she was happy that "that senpai... no, her girlfriend" is coming to the training camp. It ends with Eri asking, "Why is she coming?"

I hope Senpai and Fuyuki make out hardcore and Eri runs away crying. One can dream~

Ty so much for doing it. It's so sad that no one is translating this :(
I have been checking the raws and last chapters sucks, I don't know why the author thinks we even want to see the guy perspective...
In the end, I hope Fuyu really gets to love Senpai. I can't like Eri so far....

To reply you must either login or sign up.