Forum › Fall In Love With The Empress discussion

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

Only after reading the first chapter I realized I’ve actually read the machine translated version of the web novel this manhua is based on.

I didn’t realize it at first because the title for this translation is very different from the google translation of the original web novel’s title (which is 这昏君的黑月光我当定了).

I don’t want to spoil anything, but here is the link to a machine translated version if anyone is curious: https://www.mtlnovel.com/im-determined-to-be-the-dark-moonlight/

I pretty sure it’s google translate, so it can be hard to understand if you’re not used to it.

The original web novel is here but most of the chapters need VIP: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=4677684

Thanks for the link! I will try to see if the machine translation will make my brain bleed.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I wonder how long it'll take before she makes the connection that the beautiful lady and the emperor she tried to make fall in love with a horse (twice) are the same person. (⁠๑⁠•⁠﹏⁠•⁠)

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

I'm starting to really warm up to this series, I had a hard time understanding what was going on when it first dropped. Thanks to everyone in the thread that took the time to explain it. Thanks to the translators as well.

The emperor is falling quite hard for MC, but MC doesn't even realize her affects lol. I hope the emperor's background gets expounded on, how she came to be in this position and her last love seem really interesting.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Is it just me, or did the art get aeven better? I just got a new monitor, so I can see the pages at full size now. The looks these two are giving eachother are just...WOW!

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Still hard to understand but pretty

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I, too, have no idea what is going on, but am still reading this for the pretty art. :-)

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I, too, have no idea what is going on, but am still reading this for the pretty art. :-)

Oh, come on, people! What's with all the messages complaining about not getting the plot? It's just a bunch of wannabe concubines fighting for the attention of the emperor who (unbeknown to everyone) is actually also a girl! It's not that complicated! >_<

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Oh, come on, people! What's with all the messages complaining about not getting the plot? It's just a bunch of wannabe concubines fighting for the attention of the emperor who (unbeknown to everyone) is actually also a girl! It's not that complicated! >_<

But is "Jiejie" really the emperor, or just another concubine? Who is this master she is referring to? If she is the emperor, why does she refer to her former lover/concubine as "master"? If she's not, who the heck is she and how is she relevant to the plot at hand?

last edited at Oct 2, 2022 3:44AM

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

But is "Jiejie" really the emperor, or just another concubine? Who is this master she is referring to? If she is the emperor, why does she refer to her former lover/concubine as "master"? If she's not, who the heck is she and how is she relevant to the plot at hand?

The pretty "jiejie" is the emperor. The novel at this point doesn't say much about her deceased lover, but it mentions that the emperor actually grew up as a commoner, so maybe she was her teacher back then?

Img_20230706_053347_360
joined May 21, 2020

this manhua is so bad it pisses me off

shame how the art is being wasted on a story as awful as this

last edited at Jan 3, 2023 5:36PM

My%20project%20(4)
joined Jan 15, 2020

this manhua is so bad it pisses me off

shame how the art is being wasted on a story as awful as this

The manhua kinda speeds through the story a lot more than the novel's original pacing and leaves out a LOT of details that one needs to fully enjoy it. For example they don't highlight the original heroine, Xiao Qianxue, as much as the author does in the novel. There are little interactions/scenes where her character is developed more fully and the author expands on why the emperor fell for the og heroine in the first place. They also don't explain the little detail of why our MC is doing these missions/how she became the host of a system, etc. Ofc, the novel is more descriptive too, lots of fancy metaphors, symbolism, etc that a comic just naturally can't capture. I really recommend you read the novel and then the manhua instead (if you can understand Chinese that is).

Anyhow, chapter 28 is already up in the raws so has the translation team just dropped this manhua?

To reply you must either login or sign up.