Forum › Qualia the Purple discussion

joined Aug 23, 2014

wow this is such a crazy manga, fun but sad ahh just so many emotion, but really we can't change other its their life

A%20hentai
joined Feb 16, 2016

Gods, I'm so happy this had a happy ending, jfc.

A%20hentai
joined Feb 16, 2016

Dang Gaku, girl went about infiniy times further than Homura.

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

This is like a more hopeful version of Serial Experiments Lain, which is one of my favourite things ever. There's even a character called Alice.

I like to think that ending, where Yukari repeats her gesture with the robot from Chapter 17, implies that all they've shared, and Gaku's infinity-spanning heroics, remain in some way, and Yukari stays because a woman who'd go to such lengths is worth so much more than personal advancement.

I was pretty down with the infinite universes thing. It was a fun, sometimes touching, riff on the postmodern fragmentation of self, even if Yukari denounces it at the end. I guess if you truly care for someone though, it's heartbreaking to see them as anything other than a continuous line. To think the person you love could be just one fragment, ready to be scattered and replaced forever, is kinda heartbreaking.

joined May 8, 2014

This is my favourite series ever! Such a great story and I love all the quantum mechanics and math talks (from a mathematics major thinking of minoring in physics). Idk how many times I've reread this but it just gets better everytime. Btw, does anyone know what happened to yukari's love letter? It seems to be missing after chapter 18. My reruns feels incomplete without it...

Gumi%203
joined May 7, 2016

i am not smart enough to read this i just wanted to see girls

joined Oct 12, 2013

i am not smart enough to read this i just wanted to see girls

Same. should have had more kissus tbh

last edited at Jul 20, 2016 1:38PM

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

This was the most fun and insane ride into shoujo-ai and yuri that I've had in a long time.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

coming from a re-read i sure would love their relationship flourish on an extra after all Gaku went through. Now im gonna say its pretty lucky that somehow Alice seemed to convince Jaunt to not be pieces of shit for once, like cmon they were sending hired killers on Yukari when she refused to go on multiple of Gaku's timelines even when she dint actively went against Jaunt.
I also dont understand too much why she choose to break her memory connection to hers pas lines afterall, i get it that shes supposed to support and see help, but why forget all the hardship? Too much emotional weight? She only started loosing the connection after breaking the fone and willingly blocking the reception out. Interesting how she kept her final millenium old maturity even after forgetting it all though.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

A long time later, it's still a masterpiece

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

This mamga gave a headache. It was confusing as hell and even more weider. Good endings but confusing.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

This mamga gave a headache. It was confusing as hell and even more weider. Good endings but confusing.

I suggest taking some shots in between chapters, did wonders for me

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

I suggest taking some shots in between chapters, did wonders for me

Lmao! I don't drink.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well that was certainly a really interesting series. Reminded me quite a lot of both Madoka and Steins;Gate. (Also there was a third thing there that it reminded me of but I forgot what it was about half way through the story and haven't been able to remember it since, lol.) I do wish it elaborated a bit more on Yukari though since it seems to be implied that even in this final timeline she's actually aware of what Gaku did for her. And the bit about Gaku becoming unobservable yet Yukari still being able to sense her is something that felt like it should be elaborated on some.

Also I might be overlooking something but it does seem like there's a fairly obvious plothole with the phone: If Gaku talking to herself is merely symbolic and she actually gets the memories and knowledge and such from her alternate selves as soon as they start talking then surely that call should have given her a ton of knowledge about the situation?

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

I do wish it elaborated a bit more on Yukari though since it seems to be implied that even in this final timeline she's actually aware of what Gaku did for her. And the bit about Gaku becoming unobservable yet Yukari still being able to sense her is something that felt like it should be elaborated on some.

i think it was subtlety explained. observing a system means the system must interact with the observer, so basically the observer is also being observed by the thing they are observing. because Gaku is observing Yukari, Yukari can observe Gaku in return. Yukari is still somewhat aware of what happened because she never got rid of her own quantum eyes. that, and im pretty sure God-Gaku is still inside that mech. final Gaku mentions how one of the robots seemed to be genuinely worried about her when they were rescuing her from the serial killer. that one is God-Gaku.

Also I might be overlooking something but it does seem like there's a fairly obvious plothole with the phone: If Gaku talking to herself is merely symbolic and she actually gets the memories and knowledge and such from her alternate selves as soon as they start talking then surely that call should have given her a ton of knowledge about the situation?

it depends on the Gaku that she contacts. she doesnt get the knowledge of every Gaku, but only of the one she is talking to and any knowledge that Gaku may have gained. she could be calling someone for the first time, it could be their tenth time talking to someone. obviously, the further that a Gaku gets into her quest, the more knowledge she passes, but theres also the risk of super-knowledgeable Gakus dying (taking their info with them). basically, you gotta remember that all the Gakus talk to each other one at a time and they arent guaranteed to talk with a Gaku that has more knowledge than they do. like they say, they aren't light. they cant take every path at the same time.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yuri Guy posted:

i think it was subtlety explained. observing a system means the system must interact with the observer, so basically the observer is also being observed by the thing they are observing. because Gaku is observing Yukari, Yukari can observe Gaku in return. Yukari is still somewhat aware of what happened because she never got rid of her own quantum eyes. that, and im pretty sure God-Gaku is still inside that mech. final Gaku mentions how one of the robots seemed to be genuinely worried about her when they were rescuing her from the serial killer. that one is God-Gaku.

Ah, that's a good catch. I overlooked the fact it was the same one. That's kinda interesting.

it depends on the Gaku that she contacts. she doesnt get the knowledge of every Gaku, but only of the one she is talking to and any knowledge that Gaku may have gained. she could be calling someone for the first time, it could be their tenth time talking to someone. obviously, the further that a Gaku gets into her quest, the more knowledge she passes, but theres also the risk of super-knowledgeable Gakus dying (taking their info with them). basically, you gotta remember that all the Gakus talk to each other one at a time and they arent guaranteed to talk with a Gaku that has more knowledge than they do. like they say, they aren't light. they cant take every path at the same time.

Yeah but the one who first called her is strongly implied to be her much later in her quest. (It seems to be implied that her own rash actions later on are what basically spurred her into action in the first place.) So talking to herself from that point in time should have been enough to have given her some knowledge but she learned absolutely nothing at all. So it basically boils down to a Gaku very far along in her quest contacting Gaku before her quest even started. There would be a crap load of information to gain there but if we just make an assumption that relevant information is prioritized she should have at least gotten the basic idea of what otherGaku was talking about.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

it was her first contact by another Gaku, so she was confused. it's also possible that she did take advantage of the knowledge gained by the other Gaku and the actions that our Gaku took were different from the one that called. theres also the possibilty that the Gaku that called did not have that much more knowledge than our Gaku. phone Gaku may even be the original Gaku which would mean she knows that something is wrong but doesnt know what.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yuri Guy posted:

it's also possible that she did take advantage of the knowledge gained by the other Gaku and the actions that our Gaku took were different from the one that called. theres also the possibilty that the Gaku that called did not have that much more knowledge than our Gaku. phone Gaku may even be the original Gaku which would mean she knows that something is wrong but doesnt know what.

Can't really disagree with the bit I cut out of the quote but this part wouldn't make any sense when it's quite clearly implied that Gaku near the end was the one that called Gaku earlier on. Otherwise that scene being shown from Gaku's point of view as the caller is completely pointless and would only ever serve to confuse the reader.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 18 with Yukari's letter https://www.mediafire.com/?n38xnc3zdb3xzrv

the english on the letter is terrible

last edited at Dec 2, 2016 2:04AM

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Holy crap what a read. Was not expecting pseudo quantum theory in my nightly yuri binge.

Mato-san%201%201
joined Jan 10, 2015

The manga is still missing Yukari's letter part is it not?
Found it on other site but not here.

last edited at May 18, 2017 1:01AM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Thank you for the suggestion, Yuri Guy . It was a very good read. Keep writing, authors! :)

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Pretty neat, everything I could said has probably already been said. Still, kind of disappointing to see an "official" confession, that would have been a nice reward after all the angst and drama.

It's exactly the same kind of disappointment as with both Lain and Steins gate; even if in the latter's case, they did make an OAV that had some wish fulfilling stuff (screw the cynics that were all "hurr durr cash grab"), it was good for my kokoro. It's also the same kind of nostalgia realising that everything that we've seen or happened is kind of for naught since we reached a blank slate. Well, in all stories there also are reminiscence of it, but still. I guess it adds some kind of reverie that makes it stuck.

It was kind of hard in one go, but no regrets. Cool ride, thanks for all translations and for the link to the letter and the explanations!

P.S Well, yeah I guess going through an infinite number of lives and living alone for 4.5billion years may be a good declaration of love, but still.

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 11:08PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.