Forum › The Results of My Author/Classmate Discovering My Yuri Obsession discussion

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

Saonji is too perfect

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Wow

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

puts on Saonji yuri goggles I think that part of the reason Saonji is so intent on idolizing Tachibana and viewing her as a god is part of a subconscious defense mechanism to stop herself from falling in love with Tachibana.

She said previously stuff like “that was close, I almost fell in love there” or “If things go on like this it could actually end up like some yuri... I finally made a close friend- I can’t ruin it like this!” In that panel (chapter 20) we can see her take the metaphorical yuri flag and snap it in half with her hands, and since then I think she’s been trying to keep a little bit of distance between herself and Tachibana and maintain their status as a platonic friendship.

By keeping Tachibana on a pedestal Saonji can channel her affection (which might turn to love otherwise) as simply admiration for her as an author. Alongside that, deliberately keeping herself from viewing Tachibana as an equal also serves as a self defense measure to keep Saonji from even envisioning the possibility of a romantic relationship with Tachibana.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

^ That analysis is spot on

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

^ & ^^ And if my assessment of Tachibana is correct, she will be the first to suggest (in the most nonchalant and anticlimactic way possible) that they just go out already, if only to save herself the constant embarrassment of being idolized by the biggest school idol.

last edited at May 3, 2021 2:33AM

Kary3
joined Apr 3, 2021

Just a heads up--I'm one of the people working on the series, and we haven't been TLing recently due to some irl stuff. We haven't dropped it, just a bit busy elsewhere for the time being. Should be back soon! (sorry for the delay)

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Just a heads up--I'm one of the people working on the series, and we haven't been TLing recently due to some irl stuff. We haven't dropped it, just a bit busy elsewhere for the time being. Should be back soon! (sorry for the delay)

it's okay!
i can wait!

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Serialization coming soon
the extra is nice

Kary3
joined Apr 3, 2021

Serialization coming soon
the extra is nice

The serialization's actually already started! The bonus art is a collection of stuff the author's posted on Twitter from as far back as like March 30 to now, which is why the serialization announcement is bundled in the batch (even though the series has been serialized for about a month now).

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

^ woah can't wait to see

Carmilla%20reading
joined Sep 15, 2015

Tysm for this work! I really like this piece and I follow the author on twt, but I can't understand shit

Cornonthekopp
joined Jul 6, 2020

Okay first off did anyone else notice that Saonji was holding cake and the teapot in both her hands during chapter 54, so she knocked on Tachibana’s door using her ahoge?

Second off the Romeo and Juliet quote used in the bonus comics was so good! Ahhhhhh Saonji totally would call Tachibana “the god of my idolatry” that’s so on point wow!!!

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Okay first off did anyone else notice that Saonji was holding cake and the teapot in both her hands during chapter 54, so she knocked on Tachibana’s door using her ahoge?

I did not lmao
... actually that whole chapter was tricky to interpret, took me a few rereads to understand she just handed her the cake and immediately jumped on the bed :P Maybe I'm just stupid but it could be conveyed better

last edited at May 12, 2021 8:51AM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Huh, I think the tl note in the latest page missed something. the speech bubble appears to be written with a double meaning of そうなんです and... whatever the tl saw that meant "it's not okay" (I'm illiterate)

Cornonthekopp
joined Jul 6, 2020

puts on Saonji yuri goggles I think that part of the reason Saonji is so intent on idolizing Tachibana and viewing her as a god is part of a subconscious defense mechanism to stop herself from falling in love with Tachibana.

She said previously stuff like “that was close, I almost fell in love there” or “If things go on like this it could actually end up like some yuri... I finally made a close friend- I can’t ruin it like this!” In that panel (chapter 20) we can see her take the metaphorical yuri flag and snap it in half with her hands, and since then I think she’s been trying to keep a little bit of distance between herself and Tachibana and maintain their status as a platonic friendship.

By keeping Tachibana on a pedestal Saonji can channel her affection (which might turn to love otherwise) as simply admiration for her as an author. Alongside that, deliberately keeping herself from viewing Tachibana as an equal also serves as a self defense measure to keep Saonji from even envisioning the possibility of a romantic relationship with Tachibana.

This is just so meta. This is exactly like in chapter 7, and I now have an image in my head of the author looking confounded by all the analysis being done on their characters.

I do think it's likely more intentional though because the author here is actually writing yuri, and likely wants us to make these kinds of analysis posts. I gotta admit it's pretty fun to just go deep into the hidden messages that may or may not be intentional. I kinda understand how my english teachers must have felt now lol. If only we got to analyze GL novels in school...

TheAwooMaster
A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

Ohhh chapter 12 was very interesting, I can't wait for the next one!

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

"we frens"
cant slep after

last edited at May 12, 2021 7:50PM

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I can't tell if that furious tapping is a result of overflowing ideas/writing material or just your run-of-the-mill internal screaming transformed into text in the form of keysmashing. Either way, it puts a big 'ol smile on my face.

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

Finally some progress between the two.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The bigger question is, when are they going to upgrade to Super Frens?

last edited at May 13, 2021 1:27AM

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

finally some sweet progress

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I kinda understand how my english teachers must have felt now lol.

No, that's not how we do it. You have to make your claims based directly on what is in the text, not on conjecture, not on what you think the author might mean based on context, and not based on one's own experiences or inferences. Generally, never try to claim authorial intent, and be sure not to make claims off personal insight into a character because you can't counter/discuss such claims without a common connection to the text at hand. You can dig that deep into the text, but it's good to understand that it isn't an analysis, it's an interpretation, and if you draw a conclusion like the self-defense measure claim then you need to back it up with specific panels from the story. Which you were totally doing for the first part and is exceedingly rare to see here. Then, my cornish son, will you be doing English reading. Not that I'm an English teacher anymore >_>

last edited at May 13, 2021 2:15AM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

I kinda understand how my english teachers must have felt now lol.

No, that's not how we do it. You have to make your claims based directly on what is in the text, not on conjecture, not on what you think the author might mean based on context, and not based on one's own experiences or inferences. Generally, never try to claim authorial intent, and be sure not to make claims off personal insight into a character because you can't counter/discuss such claims without a common connection to the text at hand. You can dig that deep into the text, but it's good to understand that it isn't an analysis, it's an interpretation, and if you draw a conclusion like the self-defense measure claim then you need to back it up with specific panels from the story. Which you were totally doing for the first part and is exceedingly rare to see here. Then, my cornish son, will you be doing English reading. Not that I'm an English teacher anymore >_>

English sucks ass, horrible language

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

aww,She's blushing a little.....(Tachibana)

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

We have actual progress? In colour???

To reply you must either login or sign up.