Forum › Genshin Impact!

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Okay wow, those Artifact Domains are a lot harder than I was expecting. Thankfully you don't waste any resin for failed attempts, but I did end up wasting some food. Oh well, I'll probably end up trying doing co-op to do those.

Edit: Yeah, that was MUCH easier with co-op.

There's going to be an official stream in some hours about 1.1 update... but I'll be sleeping

I was looking around, and it seems that it'll be for the Chinese server since there wasn't any mention of it on the other servers. Everything there will probably be the same for the other servers though and there'll probably be a translation soon enough.

last edited at Oct 29, 2020 5:58AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Woah this got really active. I want to do co-op raids with everyone now XD
My FC is in page 1 and yes, my MC is named Yuu because I spent like 30 mins trying to decide on a name so I just went with "hey you!" Then corrected it to a proper name since I didn't need to re-roll.

I got Keqing while rolling Klee so now I just need to roll a few more times for her...hopefully. And once I get my hands on Mona I don't need to roll for the foreseeable future. Hotness > Meta.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah I was trying not to rely on Co-Op because it didn't feel like a multiplayer game, feels like you could get through anything by using your tactics and knowing your elements... but then I had to fight Oceanid to get ascension materials for my Mona... That's right, my main dps would heal Oceanid's summons :D so I had to change my party to fire and ice but I'm just gonna say... it didn't go well, the boss can one hit kill you if you take too long with the summons and the hawks are a pain in the ass if you don't have fischl for example (Amber isn't very reliable) and because I refuse to lvl up Lisa...She's too slow for me.

So I called my friend and we evaporated that boss in a couple of minutes lo/ Having co op is so OP hahahaha you basically pulverize everything in your way.

But yeah having Xianling and Fischl can increase your power amazingly... So I'm gonna save for that, I don't really need Klee and I got Sucrose so I'll calm down with my primogens and save for the right time

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Lol haven't actually co-oped on anything yet but my Razor is pretty OP rn so I don't need to. Haven't touched any of the artifact domains yet cause I'm still trying to farm a physical dmg gladiator cup for Razor. Unfortunately have just been getting a bunch of wanderer's troupe stuff and the one gladiator cup I got was hydro dmg so... Another day in the grind...

Also fuck the Oceanid boss, glad I don't need to ascend any water characters except Barbara, and I'm keeping Barbara at level 50 so I don't have to touch her ever again.

joined Jul 26, 2020

So I just read through a huge lore dump reddit post and damn. Kaeya, Beidou, Ningguang, and Lisa so far are the 4 4 stars who lore wise suggest they should be 5 star characters. I wonder if Genshin will add a feature that lets you increase someone's star ranking in the future through story content cause it really doesn't make much sense for these characters to be 4 stars based on literally everything we know about them. Spoiler warning for the post since it's a lore dump, but not all of it has to do with the main story.

Also love how they included this part LOL.

Lisa and Jean appear to be very close, judging by these voicelines:

(*yawns* Good morning, Jean... Oh it's you! Sorry, dear.”)

(When Lisa is around, I always have peace of mind.)

Another thing to note is how Klee's mom is fucking bonkers. She's a classic mad scientist type of person, but there's indications that she might have been isekai'ed to Teyvat just like the Traveler. The evidence for this is how she taught Barbara what an idol was, and how her Teyvat Travel Guides read closer to how someone who didn't come from this world views it. Her name is also Alice, which may be an allusion to Alice in Wonderland. Would also explain why she's such a sociopath since she doesn't view this world as her world.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Another thing to note is how Klee's mom is fucking bonkers. She's a classic mad scientist type of person, but there's indications that she might have been isekai'ed to Teyvat just like the Traveler. The evidence for this is how she taught Barbara what an idol was, and how her Teyvat Travel Guides read closer to how someone who didn't come from this world views it. Her name is also Alice, which may be an allusion to Alice in Wonderland. Would also explain why she's such a sociopath since she doesn't view this world as her world.

I was going to mention Alice - she's absolutely insane, and definitely explains why Klee is the way she is. I didn't know about that stuff with her teaching Barbara though - her being from another world would be pretty interesting, especially considering how the current Archon quests are considered part of the "Teyvat Storyline" - that indicates to me that -assuming Genshin Impact lasts long enough - the story's eventually going to move on beyond just Teyvat.

I'm guessing it's going to be a while before Alice shows up, if she appears at all. She'll probably just keep on writing in each region's travel guide, with the occasional NPC and character quest mentioning her.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@Serenata: wait did ya not get Xiangling from abyss 3-3? It's pretty ez, I did it while underleveled. Bring wind MC and ring out the enemies for cheesy win.

Also fuck the Oceanid boss

+1

I wonder if Genshin will add a feature that lets you increase someone's star ranking in the future through story content cause it really doesn't make much sense for these characters to be 4 stars based on literally everything we know about them.

I mean, Honkai has both awakened valks and upgraded cores, I think it's possible. I really hope they buff Amber 1st if that's the case. She's only good for exploring rn.
Oh speaking of Beidou, I love her counter mechanic! I just wish I had good gear for her.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I got Xiangling already on my first rolls at rank 7 hehehehe, sorry if what I said was a bit confusing,but Having xianling, her fire mascot, her fire ring with Fischl (which I don't have yet) bird could clean any room lo/

SPEAKING OF FISCHL I WILL HAVE HER! indeed it looks like they'll give her away :D

Update 1.1 info https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jkvg05/genshin_impact_update_11_thread/
Update 1.1 Japanese Voice https://youtu.be/B07z5cbHjNQ

Request! can someone please tell me where I can find the artwork? I would love to have the picture at the end with Mona, Fischl and a third woman I don't know!

joined Jul 26, 2016

Also fuck the Oceanid boss

+1

Word. That bastard is made of cancers and AIDS.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I started using Sucrose! and there's something wonderful about her because I got some constellations unlocked. that means I can use her E skill twice, for her accessories I'm using full energy charge so I can summon her ult quickly and for her weapon I'm using a 4 stars book from the gatcha that has like 50% chance of cancelling the cooldown of my skills, so, sometimes instead of using my E twice, I can use it 3 times! and probably with my ult too (need to test her more) so yeah... I just use some water or fire and then let Sucrose take care of the rest hahaha pretty cool

joined Jul 26, 2020

Sucrose is pretty good! I'd use her but I'd have too many anemo characters on my team so I have to pass on building her. Also as cool as most of the stuff they're adding in 1.1 is, I'm just sad that there's no news about when Xiao is dropping. Based on the art they showed, it's probably gonna be a Zhong Li rate up banner and then Childe one after. This means Xiao is probably getting pushed back to February for the Lantern Festival. I really don't want to wait that long for him... Guess I'll just settle for getting Zhong Li first and figure out how to build what I have around him.

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I wonder if Genshin will add a feature that lets you increase someone's star ranking in the future through story content cause it really doesn't make much sense for these characters to be 4 stars based on literally everything we know about them.

I mean, Honkai has both awakened valks and upgraded cores, I think it's possible. I really hope they buff Amber 1st if that's the case. She's only good for exploring rn.'

I guess I must be playing the game wrong then. My Amber does a decent amount of damage- especially against lightning elemental enemies or enemies which have had the lightning element applied to them.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Amber, like any unit in the game, can be good if you build her right. She's just considered bad because her talents don't seem as good as other units, which is kinda dumb considering how her Baron Bunny can taunt literally every enemy in the game including bosses. Her ult is pretty shit though.

Amber has one thing going for her that others don't have, and that's the fact she's a pyro archer. Pyro reactions with cryo and hydro are really good cause of the direct multiplier to the damage done. Also the fact that you can hit weak spots for extra damage as an archer. This lets her deal massive crit damage if you're actually using her as an archer. You can also build her for elemental mastery so that when her Baron Bunny explodes, it can deal large amounts of damage.

I don't really think Amber needs a buff, unless they decide to do something to her ult cause it really does suck. An AoE rain of arrows but the area is small as hell and the damage isn't even that good? Like literally why would you ever use that when both her regular skill and charged attacks are just better.

last edited at Nov 2, 2020 8:52PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Amber's ult charges fast and, unlike the rest of her moveset, has fairly minimal delay. If you just want to set a bunch of stuff on fire, it's fairly useful

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah the area is small but Sucrose or Venti and that won't be a problem, just gather all in one place and let it raiiiiiinn hahahaha.
But I said this before, Amber + Mona is cool because both have the same E effect to lure enemies, with the difference that Mona does damage continuously but Amber only at the end, if you time it right, you can get an elemental reaction bomb but most of the times I just summon one when the other disappears so the enemies are 80 ~ 100% of the time focused on the bunny and the water illusion.

Once I get Fischl, I will have Mona, Fischl, Amber and Xianling as team and basically leave all the fighting to my summons (E) Lo/

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Idk I find her taunt to be incredibly unreliable. Enemies ignore it ~40% for me, I end up using it for setting up elemental reactions instead. I have no idea if playing on mobile makes a difference? It seems to happen less on pc? I could test it but I'm not home rn.

I got Sucrose and gave her a scholar set and everything explodes, she's excellent.

Oh speaking of Beidou, I love her counter mechanic! I just wish I had good gear for her.

Hello past me! Having fun getting frozen/shocked even though you perfect Royal guarded? That shit needs fixing.

joined Jul 26, 2020

So I saw some leaks of what the upcoming banners might look like anddd... I'm kinda sad about it tbh. One has all the 4 stars I want, and the other has the 5 star I want. Pretty sure Zhong Li's banner will come first and then Childe's banner next, so I'm just gonna pray to whatever is out there to give me Zhong Li on my pity and not another 5 star and then pray to not get any 5 stars on Childe's banner. Here's the link to the reddit post.

joined Jul 26, 2016

...do ranged enemies even care about the taunt bombs anyway?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ pretty sure they do, even the plant bosses are susceptible to it. Maybe some don't? I've been getting a lot of them for dailes.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Naw, they taunt every enemy, but sometimes there's a chance enemies will ignore it based on the distance of where you're at and where the enemy is at.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Could swear those basic bitch Hilichurl crossbowmen just ignore Baron Bunny.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

random posted:

Could swear those basic bitch Hilichurl crossbowmen just ignore Baron Bunny.

I can confirm, they do a lot but at least they're easy to dodge and I can kill them while the moving enemies are busy with the bunny or others

Speaking of Hilichurls, we need more enemy variety, you can't fill a map with those and slimes and call it a day, bosses fine but in other games you would have undead monster, flying monsters, quimera, reptilians or humanoids ...

last edited at Nov 3, 2020 11:45AM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Let's see now from checking 4chan's Genshin thread on /u/ the following ships seem to have some traction: Jean/Lisa, Lumine/Amber, and Lumine/Paimon.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'll make Mona x Keqing a thing

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Keqing's personality reminds me of Noire from the Neptunia series. She even has twintails like Noire too. Going by that I guess her romantic partner would be either Klee or Amber since both of them are similar to Neptune (also from the Neptunia series). Speaking of Klee I've seen a few of her being shipped with Qiqi.

To reply you must either login or sign up.