Forum › Genshin Impact!

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Also stay out of the fire and other environmental effects. They are deadly now unlike before.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Also stay out of the fire and other environmental effects. They are deadly now unlike before.

Yeah, I found that out the hard way.

joined May 28, 2016

I wonder if this means Amber has been "buffed" now. She doesn't need to actually hit the enemy now to do a ton of damage. Just light up the grass under the bad guys feet and watch them die.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Well I did my rolls for Ningguang and Beidou and did indeed, end up getting Tartaglia while I was at it. I was gonna just do rolls for 1 of each, but decided to try for at least 1 constellation for each of the two, which I did end up doing. Now I'm at 30 rolls until the hard pity for the next banner. Actually pretty satisfying to finally be able to use my rolls I've been saving up.

Now I have to just... spend 5 years farming exp and Mora to level up Tartaglia and Ningguang...

last edited at Nov 11, 2020 3:23AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I didn't get Klee after all. I'll roll a bit on the new banner just because I only have Beidou from it, I think it's worth it.

When the heck is the Switch version coming out?! I have a buddy that can't run it at over 15 fps and doesn't have a ps4. I want to co-op with him XD

joined Jul 26, 2016

So I had a pile of Primo saved up just in case I needed to buy the last few BP levels (late start on that and all), and threw the lot into gacha now that that's out of the way and the new one needs them for task anyway. Came to 20 Intertwineds and 10 Acquaints which netted me the pedoTartaglia, double Ningguang-sama and poisoner loliketDiona.

Yeah I can work with that.

Now I have to just... spend 5 years farming exp and Mora to level up Tartaglia and Ningguang...

I felt that. D:
Also need to scrounge up halfway serviceable weapons for them from somewhere orz

The change to elements aside I could swear they've also done something to at least some of the Elites' movesets, judging by yesterday's experience farming Cryovine and Geohypo.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well I did my rolls for Ningguang and Beidou and did indeed, end up getting Tartaglia while I was at it. I was gonna just do rolls for 1 of each, but decided to try for at least 1 constellation for each of the two, which I did end up doing. Now I'm at 30 rolls until the hard pity for the next banner. Actually pretty satisfying to finally be able to use my rolls I've been saving up.

I'm not sure if your luck is better or worse than mine. I didn't get Tartaglia, but did manage Ningguang, 2 Beidous, an extra Noelle, Diona, and 2 Xingqius in 20 rolls

On the other hand, the new main quest boss is kicking my ass

joined Jul 26, 2020

I think I did 70 rolls in total so yeah, my luck is pretty mediocre but at least I got everyone I wanted + I still have 20 rolls saved for the next banner.

I leveled Tartaglia up to 70 and his weapon to 80, and I've been playing with him for a while now. He's pretty good, though I think I need to be comboing him with Xiangliang since Bennett's skill isn't as good for proccing vaporize. Tartaglia's melee stance turns all of his attacks into hydro damage, so I need a continuous source of elemental reactions for him.

I also finished all the new quests they added and while the main story quest looked cool, I wish it was longer. The pacing of the story felt too fast for what was happening. Gonna really need them to expand more on the characters they briefly introduced in the third act, hopefully through their story quests.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Completely unrelated but it amuses me how Ning's Jade Screen is described as being partly made of "her opulence" - literally throwing money at screen huh? :U

last edited at Nov 11, 2020 12:45PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lol people are complaining hard because the fire is.......burning them! (I don't meant the people in this thread of course) and mihoyo is now aware and they're discussing what to do about it, so, maybe less damage.

This should be basic from the start

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I also finished all the new quests they added and while the main story quest looked cool, I wish it was longer. The pacing of the story felt too fast for what was happening. Gonna really need them to expand more on the characters they briefly introduced in the third act, hopefully through their story quests.

Agreed on the pacing; I kinda wonder if they were planning on expanding Act III out more but had to cut it short. Even if they just added more padding/filler, that would still help make it feel not as short compared to the other Acts, as well as just having the characters interact more. That would probably help make the climactic battle where they all help fight against the hordes of Fatui more impactful.

Besides that, I did like the story. There were some interesting lore tidbits here that I liked, such as Zhongli/Rex Lapis being the oldest of the Archons, and the fact that only Zhongli and Venti are the original Archons after the end of the Archon Wars - the others took on their titles after the older Archons all died. I'm wondering if we'll see the replacement Geo Archon at some point in the future. Zhongli's plan seemed a bit convoluted, but I can more or less understand where he's coming from, seeing how many of his contemporary god and adepti friends died. Speaking of which, here's the Adepti's reaction to the truth lol

Also, I managed to get Ningguang from the gacha. Not sure if I'll use her as a support or DPS, but she is pretty fun.
I still haven't gotten a 5-star yet, though TBH that hasn't really bothered me too much progression-wise. Not sure if who I'll try and save the pity for.

joined Jul 26, 2020

I just got to AR45 earlier and I'm starting to see the pain of artifact farming. I think I'm gonna put that off some more and just level Tartaglia and his talents instead of worrying about other stuff. I need Noblesse Oblige for the build I want for him so it's gonna take a bit for me to get him up to speed with Razor. I'm also starting to see why everyone complains about resin so much since I didn't really care about it that much until right now.

They added a new ore that needs resin specifically to craft enhancement ores so now there's a new resin sink while keeping the resin generation at the same rate as it's always been. Like okay cool, just keep adding new resin uses but not actually give us more resin to use.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Lol people are complaining hard because the fire is.......burning them!

It's bit of a problem when using a character's DPS kit for its intended purpose is suddenly a recipe for suicide, yes.

Not to mention that Hell of a lot of stuff in this game is fought under a timer of one kind or another - explicit Challenge countdowns or Oceanid murking you with its hax unavoidable waterspout if you take too long wiping its summons for ex - which rather rules against cautious and deliberate tactics.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

They added a new ore that needs resin specifically to craft enhancement ores so now there's a new resin sink while keeping the resin generation at the same rate as it's always been. Like okay cool, just keep adding new resin uses but not actually give us more resin to use.

Yeah, those are pretty dumb. I'm hoping/expecting that those crystals have another use, since both blacksmiths in Liyue and Mondstadt outright say "I don't know how to work with these things" when you ask them about it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Just wanted to announce that I got Fischl in the eternal banner... I was expecting a 5 stars and I got (for me) the 8 Stars character... and just in time to unlock more of her constellations... The second one is brutal

Rsz_20201104_224357
joined Sep 15, 2020

The new boss fight is annoying when coop, they need to make the camera closer I can't see anything with 4 players gang up on him. It's probably much easier fighting alone.

last edited at Nov 12, 2020 5:58AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I haven't reach that far in the story yet but this guy makes excellent guides for bosses, and now we have the new one https://youtu.be/ooKZCGzUx98

last edited at Nov 12, 2020 7:41AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You know you gotta recognize how cool it is that they don't change the dialogues if you pick the female even when you're flirting with the other characters... I just had a great time completing the quest in Lyue about perfume, I couldn't resist to pick the cheese answers and I was pleased, looks like Ying' er will be waiting for me in the store and doesn't mind if Paimon joins too hahahahaha

last edited at Nov 12, 2020 3:12PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

You know you gotta recognize how cool it is that they don't change the dialogues if you pick the female even when you're flirting with the other characters... I just had a great time completing the quest in Lyue about perfume, I couldn't resist to pick the cheese answers and I was pleased, looks like Ying' er will be waiting for me in the store and doesn't mind if Paimon joins too hahahahaha

Yeah, that was a fun quest. Also Paimon's response to starting the quest (and how she remembers the various women's scents) seems to indicate she likes ladies too lol

Paimon: So this time we get to go around town looking for nice-smelling ladies to talk to? Paimon likes this job!

last edited at Nov 12, 2020 3:47PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yeah, that was a fun quest. Also Paimon's response to starting the quest (and how she remembers the various women's scents) seems to indicate she likes ladies too lol

Paimon: So this time we get to go around town looking for nice-smelling ladies to talk to? Paimon likes this job!

"Paimon, what is best in life?"

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Or when you're doing the Jean side quest and Lisa recites a romantic line from a book for you when you're about to see you know who alone... like "Go get her champ!" hahaha aah... but for those who support Lisa x Jean, it might've been awkward.

joined May 28, 2016

How's everyone liking (or not) the new mini event the game has released?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ It's an incentive to explore again, at least. I'll probably get bored in a couple days, like always. I'll still finish it for more Fish dialogue and the extra constellation.

Anyways, I finally caught up to the adventure level and can easily grind bosses again. The automatic adventure level increase really fecked me hard last time, so I'll grind mats before promoting again.

Gacha gave me the cat loli and a terrible looking weapon (-10% focus shot dmg wtf?). I want to keep rolling for Ning but I'm getting really close to the guaranteed because of how horrendous my rolls were! Idk what to do lol
I'm not glued to Kaeya for ice anymore, at least.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Fischl makes it all worth it! but if you're talking about the Chibi event, sometimes I forget to claim it... But it's very easy so is like free primogens

joined Jul 26, 2020

Gacha gave me the cat loli and a terrible looking weapon (-10% focus shot dmg wtf?).

You don't mean Rust do you cause that bow is actually really good lol. It's especially good for Fischl and Childe cause it makes them really good DPS units with their normal attacks.

As for the mini event, it's whatever. Kinda annoying to check it every 10-20 minutes but it doesn't take long to do so it's fine.

To reply you must either login or sign up.