Forum › Joshi Kouishitsu ch01 discussion

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

Wow finally an accurate depiction of what it feels like to date a same-sex couple in japan? Impressive

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

I love Ooshima’s original work, this one was a bit odd though, ngl.

last edited at Jul 4, 2020 7:37PM

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

Ooshima Tomo's works are a blessing. Really liked this one!

joined Jun 14, 2020

I don't fully understand Rina "protecting" Mayu when the other members of the club accept her and seem to be under the assumption Mayu is the same and aren't causing her any problems as a result. Unless Rina herself has doubts about Mayu's feelings, but that seems odd considering Mayu wanted to date her openly. This one kinda feels like Rina is overly cautious or making up a problem as an excuse. The art and translation are great though, as usual, but I just wasn't feeling this one.

There is something called life beyond the school gates. And that my friend is a lot, LOT harsher.

last edited at Jul 4, 2020 9:49PM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Rina: "My friends can't know I'm dating a girl!"
Friend: "How's the gay stuff going, you homosexual lesbian? Did some queer stuff lately? Maybe some sapphism?"

I spilled my drink lmao

Lol not only that she wouldn’t be open about with her, but she thought really that gurl would be to scared to come out when she really wanted to? Like bruh.. she was straight but she went and made her soft spaghetti~ xD no turning back now

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Very cute :))

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

cute but felt like it went nowhere in circles.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

I get the life outside school gates exist, I get the not openly doing PDA but I don't get the part where Rina just straight up keeps on denying being in a relationship with Mayu to her friends who are cool with it and know that Rina likes girls, which Rina admits kinda openly, that too infront of her gf when her gf is fine with being open about their relationship

P.S. They could just say 'yes we are dating' to the cool friends who already are aware of their relationship instead of making it public

Edit: maybe the story just reflects that inhibitions doubts cause because the society is really unpredictably scary
I don't know how to really put it into words, but I can understand what being unsure feels like

last edited at Jul 5, 2020 4:52AM

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

and here I am ,, still waiting for the 10th chapter of After School,,, been 3 months now,,, still waiting

joined Jun 14, 2020

For those people who didn't "get" why Rina had to protect Mayu and why she chose not to "come out" to her friends about their relationship, the answer is simple.
This manga is flawed, the story is not perfect and the mangaka can't be both a good story-teller and a good artist.
Don't over-analyse a manga that is only meant for quick enjoyment and eye-candy. Guys, you have high school or university textbooks to analyse, spend more time on those.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

and here I am ,, still waiting for the 10th chapter of After School,,, been 3 months now,,, still waiting

Same

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

For those people who didn't "get" why Rina had to protect Mayu and why she chose not to "come out" to her friends about their relationship, the answer is simple.
This manga is flawed

Yeah buddy, way to go by missing the entire point of what it was trying to say. I fucking dare you to come out to your school group that you're gay and have a relationship in such a conservative space as japan, you wouldn't last a day

joined Jun 14, 2020

This manga is flawed

Yeah buddy, way to go by missing the entire point of what it was trying to say. I fucking dare you to come out to your school group that you're gay and have a relationship in such a conservative space as japan, you wouldn't last a day

This is exactly the kind of response I would expect from someone who keeps insisting there is something wrong with their eyes when in fact their spectacles are just dirty.
This story has a point, a rather weak point, but a point nonetheless, which the majority of us like and enjoy. There are these few individuals who just like to micro-analyse every little shit like their life depends on it. Like chill man, there are more productive and less stressful things you can do than mull over something that the mangaka probably did very little research on. Probably the mangaka only likes drawing cute girls loving each other because it's more pure and innocent in her eyes. Maybe LGBT issues, discrimination and an unequal society is the furthest from her mind because she only wants to focus on two girls in a sexual relationship at school? The possibilities are endless, so chill and move on.

last edited at Jul 5, 2020 11:45PM

joined Jun 14, 2020

Yeah buddy, way to go by missing the entire point of what it was trying to say. I fucking dare you to come out to your school group that you're gay and have a relationship in such a conservative space as japan, you wouldn't last a day.

I wouldn't last a day as "anything" in conservative "any country". And quite frankly neither can you.

joined Jun 14, 2020

Wow finally an accurate depiction of what it feels like to date a same-sex couple in japan? Impressive

Impressive? Heh, I'll call it progressive at best.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

This manga is flawed

Ya’ll realize there are out people in japan right? They may have a rough time of it but no society is a monolith

This notion that Japan is killing gays in the streets or something is as weird and orientalist as “japan is the paradise from my manga”

last edited at Jul 6, 2020 6:29PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Like chill man, there are more productive and less stressful things you can do than mull over something that the mangaka probably did very little research on.

Like chill, man. There are better things for you to do than to try to police manga discussion forums for what you consider to be an appropriate level of analysis.

Things you’re probably better suited for. Almost certainly, in fact.

joined Jun 14, 2020

Like chill, man. There are better things for you to do than to try to police manga discussion forums for what you consider to be an appropriate level of analysis.

Things you’re probably better suited for. Almost certainly, in fact.

Haha. I am not "trying" to do anything in the likes of "policing" manga discussions. You think too highly of me.
I am merely giving friendly advice, you can either take it or leave it. There really is no hidden agenda. Hard to believe, but some people are just nice.

last edited at Jul 6, 2020 9:26PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You think too highly of me.

Impossible.

joined Jun 14, 2020

Impossible.

Heh, you should open up your narrow mind and enjoy the endless possibilities in life. If you did, you would know it was sarcasm...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Impossible.

Heh, you should open up your narrow mind and enjoy the endless possibilities in life. If you did, you would know it was sarcasm...

If you were as smart as you think you are, you would have known that that what you thought was “sarcasm” was actually just a straight line.

last edited at Jul 6, 2020 11:36PM

joined Jun 14, 2020

If you were as smart as you think you are, you would have known that that what you thought was “sarcasm” was actually just a straight line.

"Straight line", yep, pretty much your mind's trajectory...

last edited at Jul 6, 2020 11:50PM

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Meh

Technicolor_disturbance_by_kancano-d31lywi
joined Dec 5, 2019

^
I am kinda weirded out. i thought it was clear that rina's making it look like she is one-sidedly chasing mayu

joined Jun 29, 2015

Shit, this is me in highschool. Dating girl behind close door, treating them like shit by hiding away. Feeling tremendously guilty and ashamed because I am the one who "seduce" them to the "wrong" path. Always feel like I robbed them a chance of having a "normal" life. Trying to protect exes by claiming that you pursue them first, they did not thing wrong, I was the one made them behave that way. If you start question why the premise of this story is dumb, then I'm glad you haven't been experienced what I have gone through. Also this is not unique to Japan, some of y'all from other countries that considered homosexuality as deviant feel the same pain too.

last edited at Jul 7, 2020 11:30PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.