Forum › A Timid Woman Longing For Her Delivery Girl discussion

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Wow that was WAY too wholesome for my fragile heart. I wish this author would do more yuri stuff, this and their other yuri series are great, albeit a little short

DivideAndDissolve
joined Jul 6, 2021

This is so cuuuuute. Oh my god.

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

Probably the best yuri I've ever read. The setting and the characters are just so cute!

Brave_nehsafphnw
joined Dec 27, 2013

These two remind me of Yuu and Touko. Cute!

last edited at Jan 30, 2022 9:08AM

Beenhereallthistime
joined Feb 8, 2022

That was cute. Felt a little rushed, and it was a little too cheesy for my taste, but grateful for it to be yuri, so I didn't mind lol

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

This is cute. Is this a common thing in Japan for people to have specific delivery people assigned to them? And for those delivery people to give out bulletins?

joined Mar 15, 2015

I checked the manga out on Renta, and I noticed some significant differences in the translation in which Aita(which is how her name is spelled here) gossips about Takase after Kazema gets fired. Specifically, I'm referring to the panel after Aida says Takase should have been fired instead.

In the JapanStandard translation, one of Aida's coworkers points out that she was always on her side, but Aida replies that it was her obligation, and it would look bad for her if Takase quit(which Takase does anyway). In the Renta translation, Aita is the only one who speaks in that panel, and says that "After all, he(Kazema) did help her a lot with work. I'm the one who has to take the downfall of losing him," which implies that Aita thinks Kazema is more of an asset than Takase is, a bit like how she said in a previous scene that Kazema was good at his work despite sexually harassing his coworkers.

It's a relatively minor difference, since the point of the entire scene is that Aida/Aita doesn't care for Takase at all, but the difference between the explanations for her disdain for Takase are interesting, and I'd be curious to know which is more accurate.

EDIT: There's another instance of this later on in the first chapter. After realizing that Rinko really is nice and that she was just being paranoid earlier, Takase thinks, "It turns out that I'm no different than those who despise me" in the JapanStandard translation, but "She's not like the people I hated" in the Renta! translation.

It's also a bit disappointing that neither translation includes honorifics; I assume Rinko and her grandmother use "-san" on Takase, but it's unclear what, if any, honorifics, Takase uses on Rinko.

All in all, this manga was fairly good, but a bit too short and somewhat rushed as a result. I would have liked to see a few chapters building up Rinko and Takase's relationship, at least a whole chapter on Rinko's old job after some buildup to it, a few chapters between Rinko's grandmother is hospitalized and when Takase stays over with her, at least a chapter or two after Rinko gets transferred, and a few chapters in the denouement, among others. There's a lot of potential in the story that could have been realized with enough time for proper buildup.

last edited at Jul 22, 2022 7:53PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Always a joy to get back to this.

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

This manga shows one reflex-slap example almost at the beginning of the story. It shows how reflex mechanism works connected with our subconsciousness, how the things are triggering us, etc.
Situation here is clearer than between Kurumi and Ruriko in Trying Marriage.

Woman (Ms.Takase) (previously sexually harassed and after it gossiped by coworkers) slapped Rinko's arm when she tried to help Ms. Takase to stand up after falling, and that reflex-slap was based on Takase's bad memory.
It's clearly shown in this manga, and it's correctly presented.
Rinko's words resonated with Ms.Takase's previous experience negatively, and triggered her to reflex-slapping.

It's all about mechanism, how our brain works sorting emotions.
And reflex-reactions are caused by positive or negative resonances to our previous experiences (memorized emotions).

joined Jan 18, 2021

Loved the first chapter, but that ending left me really sour. She straight ghosted her for months in such a mean way, a larger apology was the least someone would ask :- (

joined Apr 10, 2023

Loved the first chapter, but that ending left me really sour. She straight ghosted her for months in such a mean way, a larger apology was the least someone would ask :- (

What exactly would this "bigger apology" even look like, Rinko already apologized multiple times in that scene and fully explained everything? Did you want her to beg or something?? I could get this opinion if there was like violence or serious betrayal between them but just an awkward pause in them meeting really doesn't seem like nearly that big a deal, especially since it had a good reason.

To reply you must either login or sign up.