Forum › The Gensokyo of Humans discussion

joined Jul 22, 2014

Cheers, honesty you guys is my main go to site of finding rare non R18 Touhou stories.
While there's not much discussion, please note that you have my eternal gratitude for continuing hosting of all these brilliant yet crazy unique Touhou stories translated in English.
If you did not then all those stories would pass me by, honestly I'm glad I can download them and kept records of all my favourites that draws me in!!
Thanks!

last edited at May 25, 2020 8:21PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well, this is a distressing read. Interesting to see a long-form Touhou story that's not written by ZUN or a comedy, though

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Well, this is a distressing read. Interesting to see a long-form Touhou story that's not written by ZUN or a comedy, though

Some works by Personal Color are longer and not comedy, specifically Two by This Side, Three by the Other Side . It's true there's not a lot of those though. Fan doujins tend to be a single story, at least ones translated on here.

last edited at May 26, 2020 3:03AM

joined May 26, 2020

Some works by Personal Color are longer and not comedy, specifically Two by This Side, Three by the Other Side . It's true there's not a lot of those though. Fan doujins tend to be a single story, at least ones translated on here.

I really like it, it's a really dramatic story between yukari and yuyuko

last edited at May 26, 2020 9:02AM

joined Nov 21, 2018

Akyuu and Kosuzu give me life.

joined Jun 5, 2018

What is the status of this work? Is it already finished, ongoing, or canceled? I cant seem to find it on the artists pixiv page

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I really like it, it's a really dramatic story between yukari and yuyuko

I'm glad, it's one of the classics of Touhou doujin. Personal Color has a lot of great if melancholic works.

Hino1
joined Nov 17, 2018

this is very very interesting

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Properly finished reading it. Hope to see what happens next. What the main mystery is depends heavily on how the author interprets the powers of nekomata I think.

joined Jun 5, 2018

This could and maybe should have been official. The quality is incredible, and the story is also pretty interesting. I wonder if the title implies anything deeper. I mean, not everything bad comes from bad intentions, and not everything vile comes from yokai either. Maybe its just through unfortunate circumstances that all these things happen.

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

In Danbooru, 2 doujins of Ashiyama Bungaku are translated. The quality of the story is also amazing.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

I want all those Maids fired and living on the streets those pieces of shit.

Marisa
joined Jul 1, 2016

I like Akyuu, this feels like it might not end well... :c

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This story isn't Zun canon, but it is published in Strange Creators of Outer World as a doujin. I don't know how SCoOW publishes, if it's all up to Zun or not, but it does elevate this to be a bit higher than normal fan comics.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 9, pg 22, "to tell you can't" -> "to tell you you can't"

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Somewhat similar to this one.

joined Aug 12, 2020

This story isn't Zun canon, but it is published in Strange Creators of Outer World as a doujin. I don't know how SCoOW publishes, if it's all up to Zun or not, but it does elevate this to be a bit higher than normal fan comics.

Soo... this doujin could be considered “semi-canon” or canon, or what exactly..?

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

It's not canon but the ideas in it could be considered to match canon somewhat more than the average fanwork.

joined Aug 12, 2020

Oh, understandable.

joined Oct 19, 2017

The plot thickens, thanks for translating it as usual. Though Chapter 10 is mistitled as Chapter 9

joined Jun 5, 2018

It would be some grotesque and fine humour if in the end, akyuu commits suicide and the servants proceed with the reincarnation as if nothing wouldve happend, just with her bloody corpse. It would fit the story, since it is just a wheel of despair and i doubt even the best of friends can dig her out now. (Her life does seem to end at this point, its not just the twin that inteferes. Or maybe worse, they'll force the twin to pretend to be akyuu, after latter commits suicide and execute former instead, just to not lose face)

last edited at Oct 27, 2020 5:37AM

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

I really like the old man going out to try to help Akyuu even if he can't walk well. It really shows the difference between those who work for Akyuu and those who work for the Hieda estate... and the fact that all those working for the Estate need to get their shit kicked in

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This depiction of Akyuu hurts, as it plays with the established knowledge of how she always remembers everything. It gives her a much more human side, for her to suppress those things she doesn't want to know.

Akyuu will live for sure. But whatever is ailing her won't be healed until she meets her twin/relative.

It's also sweet to see responsible Reimu, who immediately took action upon hearing Akyuu went missing.

joined Jun 5, 2018

I really thought this was gonna be a tragedy. Unless something incredibly wrong happens, I guess everything will turn out alright. But who knows how theyll heal akyuu? Maybe kill the twin?

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Akyuu no. Kick their teeth in.

To reply you must either login or sign up.