Forum › Ephemeral War discussion

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Which one of y'all keeps uploading these sad Mangas and making me cry 12 at night.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Yeah, a liquid doesn't just tilt like that, it should be level (I guess unless she's leaning forward and the panel's perspective is tilted).

Since you have to raise the bottle to drink, the liquid doesn't just immediately flatten out to be level. The movement causes it to slosh around for a while as a harmonic wave, with the surface tilting one way then the other, before flattening out. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

ah hahaha physics.

I mean, I guess? Anyone who's ever carried a container of water can tell you that it sloshes around when you move it. And anyone who's ever drank from a bottle can see that the fluid moves around.

AWalkingPizza
Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

i havnt even read it yet but i just gotta say that this looks fucking beautiful

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Ive just read 3 oneshots in a row all of which had useless lesbians. Two of which had girls that were into each other but keeping it secret from the other and now this angsting sesh. Why!

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Sequel!

Psx_20200501_015311
joined Sep 5, 2018

Useless lesbians, something I can relate to!

joined Aug 10, 2018

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost.

So long as she doesn't confess she's neither accepted nor rejected.

Schrodinger's Lesbian.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

An instant favorite author based on these two stories.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Yurirei existed because of this.

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

I am really not having a good time right now

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Maybe we should start using a useless lesbian tag?

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

D: right in the gut

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Yeah, a liquid doesn't just tilt like that, it should be level (I guess unless she's leaning forward and the panel's perspective is tilted).

Since you have to raise the bottle to drink, the liquid doesn't just immediately flatten out to be level. The movement causes it to slosh around for a while as a harmonic wave, with the surface tilting one way then the other, before flattening out. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

ah hahaha physics.

I mean, I guess? Anyone who's ever carried a container of water can tell you that it sloshes around when you move it. And anyone who's ever drank from a bottle can see that the fluid moves around.

It was the bit about the harmonic wave that got me. However I'm not sure the liquid shoshing in a bottle couts as a harmonic wave. If I remember right, it's when you add energy at just the right moment to build the wave bigger. So unless you're somehow shaking the bottle in time with the slosh, harmonics doesn't come into it.

last edited at May 2, 2020 12:04AM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

It was the bit about the harmonic wave that got me. However I'm not sure the liquid shoshing in a bottle couts as a harmonic wave. If I remember right, it's when you add energy at just the right moment to build the wave bigger. So unless you're somehow shaking the bottle in time with the slosh, harmonics doesn't come into it.

I'm pretty sure harmonic waves include any situation where the restoring force is proportional to the displacement, while what you're describing would be a forced harmonic wave, or some kind of resonance situation. I might've used "harmonic" incorrectly. It's been a long time since I took physics in school. Maybe I just wanted to look smart on the internet.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I'm pretty sure harmonic waves include any situation where the restoring force is proportional to the displacement, while what you're describing would be a forced harmonic wave, or some kind of resonance situation. I might've used "harmonic" incorrectly. It's been a long time since I took physics in school. Maybe I just wanted to look smart on the internet.

Ditto honestly.

joined Sep 3, 2017

all these manga where the useless gay doesnt confess is unfortunately completely realistic and sadly relatable ( , _ , ) irl the fear of not only rejection but homophobia (or even just the fear that your friend is not openly or intentionally homophobic but will feel just that little bit disgusted when you tell her) is incredibly debilitating... but thats why i tend to want to read about the success stories in fiction

To reply you must either login or sign up.