Forum › Scarlet Flower discussion

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Soooooo, I assume a happy ending?

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Soooooo, I assume a happy ending?

kinda... they did live together after all... whether or not the girl would be converted...

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I like the vampire concept for yuri, unfortunately there aren't any I like... I kinda like this one, duno. Already checked on everything on this site.

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Man...they really need to make more yuri vampire stories...why do they lack it DX anyways like this one... xD got the idea to write not similar things but just an idea out of it xD

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

yeah..... I am kind of up in the air on this one. I agree that yuri vampire stories are awesome (if written well) but.....

did she survive the conversion process... hmm....???

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

yeah..... I am kind of up in the air on this one. I agree that yuri vampire stories are awesome (if written well) but.....

Yeah, since she's still speaking and moving after having her blood taken (symbolically the roses turning red).

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

And yet, this was somewhat depressing.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

This deserved food.

Weird-face
joined Jul 2, 2014

Read this a few times but never really got it. Idk I feel like they both died and are hence "together forever" (in death).
- seemed as though her life was flashing before her eyes.
- both crying after blood is actually being drunk (not the happy cry), human girl looks severely drained.
- the "colour shift" thing of white roses being stained by blood: metaphor for the vampire breaking her fast?
- more blood in the last panel: deprived vampire girl can't control herself and drank too much?

Maybe the human girl knew that she was dying and that the vampire would end up killing herself in despair (seeing as she has already gone mad and another loved one dying wouldn't help with the cuckoo going on)?????

Or I'm just looking into it too much because of stupid English classes.

joined Feb 15, 2015

i feel that the girl died because the roses turned from white to red when her blood was spilled. im assuming thats an indication that too much blood was spilled and she died. it was a nice manga tho

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

the roses represent tina. she was pure at the beginning, but she was still missing something (the flowers are still buds). at the end, the roses turn red and a flashback occurs. the flashback stuff isnt a "life flashing before your eyes" but rather is meant to show that she is losing her humanity. the roses turn bloody, but they bloom. this means she turned successfully.

if she had died, the roses wouldnt have bloomed.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

the roses represent tina. she was pure at the beginning, but she was still missing something (the flowers are still buds). at the end, the roses turn red and a flashback occurs. the flashback stuff isnt a "life flashing before your eyes" but rather is meant to show that she is losing her humanity. the roses turn bloody, but they bloom. this means she turned successfully.

if she had died, the roses wouldnt have bloomed.

you have the best avatar

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

....what happened?

Stupid Japanese again with stupid cliffhanger.

last edited at Oct 30, 2016 3:13AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

....what happened?

There's no cliffhanger. This is a self-contained one-shot that ends in a fairly straightforward manner.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

....what happened?

There's no cliffhanger. This is a self-contained one-shot that ends in a fairly straightforward manner.

Correction- ends in a cliffhanger

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

....what happened?

You may want to read it again. It's very clear that this time the process worked, and she's also become a vampire. There's no cliffhanger, unless you define that term in a very non-standard way.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

....what happened?

You may want to read it again. It's very clear that this time the process worked, and she's also become a vampire. There's no cliffhanger, unless you define that term in a very non-standard way.

There is no guarantee that she became vampire. Maybe she dead and later the vampire killed herself hint- her crying while sucking her blood of grief.

And hence them together forever.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

....what happened?

There is no guarantee that she became vampire. Maybe she dead and later the vampire killed herself hint- her crying while sucking her blood of grief.

You're adding stuff that's not in the story. If she process didn't work, as presented, she wouldn't have been able to deliver that line.

Monkey D. Luffy
Fb_img_1542458579509
joined Jan 11, 2018

Veronica looks a lot like Shizuma-sama.

C29f727d816b87c23ddab923495e135f241f8f99_hq
joined Apr 9, 2016

But.. Did she die

That's all I want to know

joined May 4, 2016

Yeah, since she's still speaking and moving after having her blood taken (symbolically the roses turning red).

Page 9 shows the previous girl doing the same thing though.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Yeah, the previous girl was still talking after being drained, then she died. She's still sucking on Tina when the story ends, so we don't get to see the process complete.
I don't think the roses being stained red is conclusive either. It could be symbol of lost innocence or whatever, or it could just show that Veronica's breaking her long fast. She stopped liking red when she stopped drinking blood.

Either way it turns out, this is a pretty messed up story. After hearing Veronica's story and seeing how upset it made it her (so depressed that she's kept up her determination to kill herself for 100 years), it's a pretty fucked up thing to ask her to try it again.

last edited at Nov 27, 2020 4:27AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.