Forum › Sakura Trick discussion

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

whitenight2013 posted:

Wait, this was being updated this whole time and I just never noticed the updates? Oh boy I have so much to catch up on!

It wasn't. Lazy Lily posted updates in thread on their own. I guess since they already did that and series just ended, dynasty staff agreed to just upload the entire thing again (since it used to be here before, it was just removed, because of disagreement)

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

That's all? Why there are so many ending this year!

joined Dec 30, 2018

Yeah I really hope some good yuri manga will appear instead of the series that ended or will end pretty soon

joined Aug 1, 2013

I need a spin off of Kaede trying to seduce Yuzu in their college years

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I binge on reading it till 8 in the morning. No regrets. I want to see their college life tho, with not just lots of kissing. XD

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Sakura Trick was a wonderful yuri

joined Mar 15, 2017

Sakura Trick ended in 2017.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Okami posted:

Poor Yuzu is like 2 years behind everyone in the love area

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

After some sexual tension, Kaede finally confesses to Yuzu. I'm a bit muddy on the details here, but it seems like Yuzu accepts Kaede's feelings but doesn't consider them to be dating. Kaede kisses Yuzu's cheek and says she'll just have to win her over when they go to college.

Okay so err... I haven't been keeping up with this series recently. Can anyone tell me where's this part? Around which chapter?
I'm really interested in those two.

EDIT: nvm I found it. Volume 8 chapter 7.

last edited at Feb 16, 2019 9:11AM

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

Oh Finally, it's YuuHaru love love. Other girls making this story a bit boring, especially that citrus-what girl with her lame joke.
But I still need anime season 2.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^IF you mean Yuzu, a lot of people really like her and the slow build up with kaede. In fact personally I liked every pairing- and STILL liked the the main pairing best by the end.

I thought it was very emotional how Yuu got so serious and forced Haruka to face her fears and emotions to move forward.

I really loved Kotone and Suzuka as well, and how they straight forwardly faced down Kotone's father and confessed.

It was a great series overall. I'd love another season of the anime but doesn't seem likely :( and with so many chapters I can't see the manga carrying on to college either unfortunately. Maybe we will get a few little one off's following on?

last edited at Feb 16, 2019 9:56PM

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

^Yup I mean Yuzu. Still, I didn't really like her because sakura trick isn't a subtext series with yuri jokes.

KotoShizu is good and all but too cliche, imo.
And what's wrong with "a lot of kissing"? YuuHaru did nothing wrong.

Yeah good series I agree, It's rare to see pure yuri anime these days.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Claris posted:

Still, I didn't really like her because sakura trick isn't a subtext series with yuri jokes.

It's ironic considering that anime ended up being 100% subtext and yuri jokes.

They are at least couple, unlike main girls.

Everything when you're only doing it to become special friends.

Except anime is not "pure" or even yuri, because it is entirely about special friendship.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

I thought it was very emotional how Yuu got so serious and forced Haruka to face her fears and emotions to move forward.

And that's the thing I really loved about Sakura Trick. Yuu might come off as a little bit bratty, but she's really mature in dealing with her relationship with Haruka.

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

Claris posted:

Still, I didn't really like her because sakura trick isn't a subtext series with yuri jokes.

It's ironic considering that anime ended up being 100% subtext and yuri jokes.

They are at least couple, unlike main girls.

Everything when you're only doing it to become special friends.

Except anime is not "pure" or even yuri, because it is entirely about special friendship.

^Hmm... If you think this series is 100% subtext then you are a yuri hater I guess. It's no use talking about this, let's just agree to disagree.

last edited at Feb 17, 2019 12:45PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Claris posted:

^Hmm... If you think this series is 100% subtext then you are a yuri hater I guess. It's no use talking about this, let's just agree to disagree.

Yes, it's not use talking about it because in anime they straight admit they're not dating (don't even know what dating is, or love for that matter) and only kiss to be special friends.

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

^Good, haters gonna hate I know.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Claris posted:

I see denial is strong in you.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

Oh mine, have I just found a comrade?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nevri posted:

Claris posted:

I see denial is strong in you.

I mean, your argument crumbles the moment you stop using the anime to prove a point in the manga discussion... Is not updated here anymore but I invite you to check it out at lazylily or mangadex

last edited at Feb 19, 2019 11:41AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

I mean, your argument crumbles the moment you stop using the anime to prove a point in the manga discussion...

Claris posted:

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

^Still going on?
Yes I am talking about how the manga end now and sastified with the series. Me and elevown-san wishes for the season two of the anime. But you claimed that this series is not yuri, that's all.

It was a great series overall. I'd love another season of the anime but doesn't seem likely

last edited at Feb 20, 2019 5:56PM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Gayest. ending. ever!.... Well done ༼☯﹏☯༽

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Claris posted:

^Still going on?

Except I only replied because Serenata wrote to me.

But seriously though. When I started watching anime I was amazed exactly because I thought we finally got a proper yuri anime about yuri couple that start dating from episode 1 and we'll explore their relationship. The fact they actually kiss, a lot on top of that, was a great bonus since that's also something we rarely get. But then anime last episodes arrived and we learned that in fact it's not yuri anime and they're not a couple (as far as main couple go anyway). In fact, they're so dumb, they don't even know what dating or love even means. It was just such slap in the face. And it's not even my words. They specifically said they're only special friends and have special relationship.

When in episode 1 they decided to start kissing to keep their relationship special, I thought they were aware what that means and through series, you'd never doubt that they're indeed in love with each other. But then they blatantly admit they really are just kissing to be special friends. So after that huge betrayal, seeing someone calling it "pure yuri anime" just rubs me the wrong way. There is looking into subtext, but then there's ignoring blatant text. Text of them confirming they do not date and don't know what loving someone means.

And even going into manga. They do not date in manga as well. It takes 6 volumes just for Yuu to stop going along with Haruka's BS and call her on it. It takes 7 volumes for Haruka to even acknowledge there's something more than friendship between them and even then she still don't consider them dating and it ends with Yuu having to swear she'll win Haruka over in collage. Truly a peak of yuri mangas. They don't even end up dating during manga and it takes 3/4 of it for them to realize they might even be in love. It's funny how you say it's not a subtext manga, when at first it sets them up as if they were obviously a couple and then for majority of series they don't even acknowledge there are any real feelings between them for the sake of keeping a cheep comedy. So yes, it actually is "subtext with yuri jokes" for the most part. And even if you want to say I should just read it for comedy, I can't since once series tried to pass that "dating, what's it?" crap, as a joke, I lost any trust in this series ability to be funny.

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

Claris posted:

^Still going on?

Except I only replied because Serenata wrote to me.

They don't even end up dating during manga and it takes 3/4 of it for them to realize they might even be in love.

So you just didn't read the entire thing or tired of it, yes?
They are slow indeed. Still, they are lovers in the end.

Whatever you say this series is still yuri. I'm not asking you to like Sakura Trick anyway. Hate it all you want, no problem. I'm done with this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.