Forum › Posts by Hemoglobin

joined Mar 30, 2018

I'm a fan of Pikamee, but every time I've watched her streams in the last five months or so, it has had the unfortunate side effect of subtly reinforcing a persistent sadness that's been weighing me down. The other day, however, I watched a stream that felt like it began to heal that pain. If you've been having a similar problem, then you may well find that this channel has just the remedy you're looking for.

Hemoglobin
Dark mode please? :-: 08 Oct 20:29
joined Mar 30, 2018

I haven't used that code since apple took away my extension to use CSS on just a particular site, and some of what's in there might be some cruft left from abortive attempts to keep it limited to just this website.

Hemoglobin
Dark mode please? :-: 08 Oct 20:27
joined Mar 30, 2018

body:NOT(.unregreader):NOT(.mediawiki):NOT([bgcolor*="#"]):NOT([onresize="doResize();"]), .alt1, .alt1Active {
background: #222 !important;
color: gainsboro !important;
}
.alt2 {
background: #444 !important;
color: gainsboro !important;
}
div[align="center"] .page {
background: none !important;
}
div.container#content, .sitemain {
background: #333 !important;
box-shadow: 0 0 10px black !important
}
pre, pre code, .tborder {
background-color: black !important;
color: white !important;
}
.table-striped tbody>tr:nth-child(odd)>td, .table-striped tbody>tr:nth-child(odd)>th, .forum_topic:nth-child(odd) {
background-color: #444 !important
}
#chapter-title a, .pages-list a, .nav-list a, #main.chapters .chapter .title, .forum_post a, h2 a:NOT(.result__check),
.scanlators a, .volumes a, .chapter-list a, .media-body p a, a.more, .tag-list a, .nav-pills a, .table-striped a:NOT(.btn-mini),
.forum_topic .span9 a, .nav-tabs li:not([class="active"]) a, .pull-right.actions.bulleted a, .tborder a, .description a, .post p a {
color: #eee !important
}
.nav-list>li>a, .nav-list .nav-header {
text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(128, 128, 128, 0.6) !important
}
.added.nav-list a:hover, .nav-tabs li:not([class="active"]) a:hover, .nav-pills li:not([class="active"]) a:hover {
color:navy !important
}
.forum_post .info, .table td, .toolbar {
background-color: #282828 !important;
border-top: 1px solid #333 !important;
border-bottom: none !important
}
.forum_post .info, .table td, .forum_topic {
border-bottom: 1px solid #333 !important
}
blockquote p, #main.chapters .chapter, .thumbnail .caption, .talk-plugin-rich-text-text, .element-paragraph, .post p, .post-header .post-title a {
color: #999 !important
}
.thumbnail {
border: 1px solid #555 !important
}
i.icon-book, i.icon-print, i.icon-calendar, span.tags i.icon-tags, img[alt="Dynasty Scans"], i.icon-exclamation-sign, i.icon-lock {
filter: invert()
}
img[alt="Yuri Project"] {
filter: brightness(160%);
}

Hemoglobin
joined Mar 30, 2018

I feel like I'm not smart enough to read this comic. I may not even be smart enough to work out what type of comic this is.

Hemoglobin
joined Mar 30, 2018

?

…???

??????????

Hemoglobin
Bisexual discussion 28 Jul 17:42
joined Mar 30, 2018

I wonder why we don't have WataMote on this site.

joined Mar 30, 2018

but then I realized they've seen each other naked so I guess that rules that out.

If someone trans is passing as the gender they were assigned at birth, usually being seen naked would not tend to give them away. Not that I think Saeko is; just what was being suggested was that she was FtM, not MtF.

Hemoglobin
joined Mar 30, 2018

The list of ways this comic could be more gay is getting real short.

joined Mar 30, 2018

Why is the title of this so flagrantly mistranslated? It should be something like "What if Touka lost her tolerance for the Nagano Style?"

joined Mar 30, 2018

Am I alone in thinking Nagi might be making up all that about her past? Well, not that I'd bet money on it, but it seemed a little too tidy.

"Tidy" definitely isn't how I'd characterize years of systematic emotional abuse and neglect by every man in her life.

It's being used here as a synonym of "contrived", not a synonym of "pleasant".

Hemoglobin
joined Mar 30, 2018

Seeing as new tags are getting created lately, it seems like a good time to request a poverty tag.

joined Mar 30, 2018

p. 1-6: Bemused, brow furrowed
p. 7-12: ugly wheeze-laughing

joined Mar 30, 2018

The part where she tried to dress up femme was physically painful to read. I was just sitting there going no, don't do it and then she did it and aaaugh

Hemoglobin
joined Mar 30, 2018

No, that's vaca. She's a horsedeer.

Hemoglobin
Image Comments 14 Oct 12:22
joined Mar 30, 2018
77117984_p8

Not so much a case of inspiration as she designed the characters from Madoka after she created Hidamari Sketch.

joined Mar 30, 2018

The first page of chapter thirty misuses the word "reactionary" pretty badly. Maybe "theatrical" would be better? Not sure what word the original Japanese used.

Reactionary means far-right politics opposed to any political or social reforms to make life better for the oppressed, and seeking to undo any such reforms already in place. Basically cultural revanchism.

joined Mar 30, 2018

In a hypothetical live action adaptation of this, how would you cast Ucchi and Futaki? Would there be any way to make the joke still work?

Hemoglobin
Slow Start discussion 23 May 15:11
joined Mar 30, 2018

(so in what way is this series not moe up the butt?)

joined Mar 30, 2018

Why wouldn't there still be trans men, though? They wouldn't be any more helpful at sexual reproduction than anyone else, but straight women would probably still find them more attractive than cis women. And with the majority of people statistically being straight, the tiny minority that is trans would find themselves in quite a situation.

Hemoglobin
joined Mar 30, 2018

??? Why did the maid think that the love confession was towards her? The blonde girl specifically said "Kano-chan" or whatever the other girl's name is

She was speaking Japanese, which as a matter of course omits information which cannot grammatically be omitted in English.

Hemoglobin
Image Comments 05 Apr 23:24
joined Mar 30, 2018
D3bcwqnwoaivzmw-orig

Sexless. She's gendered female.

last edited at Apr 5, 2019 11:28PM

Hemoglobin
Image Comments 30 Mar 03:41
joined Mar 30, 2018
Ata918

bitfarb i think you might have it backward

Hemoglobin
joined Mar 30, 2018

Holy shit!
Even a kitten gets dangerous when cornered!

joined Mar 30, 2018

The best art I've seen in a Touhou doujin. Possibly the best art I've seen on this site.

Was Yuyuko in danger of becoming double-dead, or what