Forum › My Duckling discussion

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

I never get tired of this one shot <3 it is just so cute!

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

you are right,
and a week ago i found a fuuka not yuri book, game over, there's one of the best age gap (eth) story i ever read

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

you are right,
and a week ago i found a fuuka not yuri book, game over, there's one of the best age gap (eth) story i ever read

I never read anything not yuri by this author but maybe I should give it a shot ^_^

Another%20avatar
joined Apr 26, 2013

you are right,

I never read anything not yuri by this author but maybe I should give it a shot ^_^

Both Game Over and 14-sai no Koi (the latter still ongoing) are great stories

last edited at May 27, 2013 7:02PM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

you are right,

Both Game Over and 14-sai no Koi (the latter still ongoing) are great stories

thanks, i look for it,
anyway, one of the shorts of game over seems yuri to me

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Bawww. So cute. The guys look like lil' toddlers at the end haha

[anon]_zoku_sayonara_zetsubou_sensei_-_06_[ef044889].mkv_snapshot_14.45_[2013.11.19_22.41.04]
joined Oct 24, 2013

I never read anything not yuri.

Loved this one-shot, and I always love cute characters like Chiho

Horriblesubs-saki-the-nationals-02-720p-mkv_snapshot_03-24_2014-01-14_21-55-32_thumb
joined Apr 30, 2014

Hahaha... That was an amazing piece.... :) And shouting to the world that "She's mine!", takes alot of guts than it sounds like. (Though she probably just wants Chiho to tell her that she's cool.)

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

I liked this one, I wish this author would write more yuri

and thanks to the above posters if I ever want to read some het manga I know a good starting place ^_^

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

The moment I saw Mika-san, I'm like, "Hey, isn't that the teacher from 14-sai no Koi?" Didn't realize they were by the same author 'til then. She handles innocent romantic tension just beautifully.

joined Jun 19, 2014

Cute. I was really hoping for a kiss, though, especially one at the end to quell the rogue dude deluge

Kjraze
joined Mar 3, 2014

I think I love this oneshot so much because of the fact that Mika had realized that she herself might also be doing harm. And you can bet they'll both grow from it! It was a lot stronger of a story because of that <3

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Dawh,i wanted a kiss but it was still really cute

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I TOLD YOU, CHIHO IS MINE! STOP BUGGING HER!
Lmao haha, cute.

Oh yeah, Mizutani Fuuka's het stuff is pretty great. She's just a good romance writer in general.

I don't doubt that at all, but I haven't been in the mood to read or watch het romances in quite some time tbh. If I do, that's where I'll go for sure tho :)

joined May 19, 2016

Bawww. So cute. The guys look like lil' toddlers at the end haha

Hahaha... Thought the exact same thing... And this was adorable

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Damn! That was one of the coolest things I've ever read on here!

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

This is still one of my favorite go-to reads.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

re-reads That's adorable.

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

They were roommates. Very good friends.

joined Oct 3, 2017

Cute but a bit bittersweet and with more realistic characters than I expected

They're still in a world where appearance is the most important factor in being acknowledged and liked by society.

Also, even if Mika still is a bit overprotective, she could help Chiho to take baby steps into becoming less insecure and stand up for herself and Mika could learn to dial down the overprotectiveness. Well we don't know if that actually happens but considering Mika's and Chiho's thinking up to now the arrows are pointing in the right way.

Establishing both external problems (that could become societal commentary. it is a real problem especially for women, especially in Japan, even if it is atm just a reflection of the society) and internal struggles while setting up for character growth (both want to become a better person) all wrapped up in a neat little package. A relationship where they learn to communicate with each other and in turn become more well rounded people, it's wonderful.

Even if this style or genre is not my cup of tea (still stuck in my crappy teenage drama/mystery/romance phase ex "first kill" (I am not completely tasteless), have not developed a refined taste yet, comes with age probably) I got to applaud the author for this work.

To reply you must either login or sign up.