Forum › Maho Girls Precure! discussion

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

If this is the actual text, and not flavor added by translator, there is some serious subtext going on here.

I can confirm that 大好きなリコ and わたしのリコ were indeed used.

I love how this post about Precure wound up being posted at 8:40pm EST

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

this manga pretty yuri for precure

Nagisa dreaming about marrying both Honoka and Hikari is canon and no one can convince me otherwise.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

A baby just turned into a full blown precure

Well I've seen stranger things in manga so dis kewl

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

The girl Ha-chan was playing with was called 'Yuri' from that I can tell she has a bright future ahead of her

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I know I suggested subtext for this, but maybe text would be more appropriate...

Nagihono4ever
Dsisterism_021_015-1-1
joined Oct 7, 2015

OMG everyday i pray that a new chapter of this manga is translated.
I loooove it~❤

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

ugh regret deeply reading this chapter, this male character never made it to the anime, it was a good decision keeping him out after all

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Yeah, this is the one Het chapter in the manga (technically more of a special that's exclusive to the tank version), but rest assured the second volume is all good stuff and it all balances out nicely with the vol2 special.

last edited at Jun 29, 2018 7:57PM

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

I can see why /u/ scanlations gave up on translating this. That was a long chapter and had no yuri at all. Thanks to Pearse for picking this up again!

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I can see why /u/ scanlations gave up on translating this. That was a long chapter and had no yuri at all. Thanks to Pearse for picking this up again!

Technically, both volumes are already translated. It's the typesetting of that particular chapter that noone (understandably) really wanted to do.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Even without the unwanted het aspect, this chapter was pretty cringeworthy. I guess one could attribute it to "It's meant for children," but even then it felt really forced. It didn't have any real flow to it.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Riko, your kinks are showing.

Had lost track of this manga. Just saw chapter 7, and I'm not sure what to say about having a chaper that pretty much coerced a girl with a mental age of like 7 to be part of a love story.

EDIT: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/maho_girls_precure_ch11#10

The artist is convinced only the peripheral demographic will read the manga, it seems.

last edited at Oct 20, 2018 8:47PM

joined May 7, 2017

I CALLED I F*** CALLED, more precisely back in April when I first suggested the tag change but got rejected for no reason, how about now? Yuri enough????? Hanigare when?

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

Happy Yuri Family End achieved!

joined Jan 17, 2017

Is... is this the direction the anime takes as well??

joined Apr 26, 2016

Sort of still a couple but more subtext
Next two precure series go full text.
https://youtu.be/pqR7-bv8hj0
https://youtu.be/4wdEE4PRfMk

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Kind of less and kind of more. They do get to spend quite some time as happy family, but there's also this "defending the world from forces of Evil and Chaos", which means the focus is sometimes on the grand plot. So there're some higher stakes and some sharper drama, which leads to ep 49 being, in my opinion, one of the most emotional and touching finales in Precure history.

joined Jul 20, 2017

SOMEONE JUST SAID EPISODE 49?

Seriously, that episode is gay, can't Spoiler too much, but the way they acting is more like a lovely couple (plus a daughter and a fluffy aunt) than some very good friend.
That episode is great, even better if you follow all the way from episode 1, it will make you truely cry for them.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Came back to read this again. They really went all out on that final chapter huh.
Full double page for the MiraiRiko moment
It's amazing every time I see it, just like the anime finale. I wish the anime did kisses too, I guess we do get lewd hand holding action, too bad it's not on EVERY show. Also, the "two mommies" line was said so many times.

To reply you must either login or sign up.