Forum › My Master & Furry-eared Girl Mel discussion

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

So true^^ It's just so lazy on their part there's no excuse. I won't complain too much about Engrish though because honestly I'm no better /cry
Wait what, Little Witch Academia got a serial? I need to get out of my cave...

last edited at Feb 2, 2017 5:23PM

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

It did, and it is amazing, so far. =]

last edited at Feb 2, 2017 5:20PM

joined Aug 1, 2016

Cute

A_divine_love_alone_ch01_004
joined Oct 16, 2016

When I thought it couldn't get any cuter...

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Awww I'm a sucker for the talk in their sleep cliche especially if it isn't the typical 'I love you [fill in name]'

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

So true^^ It's just so lazy on their part there's no excuse. I won't complain too much about Engrish though because honestly I'm no better /cry
Wait what, Little Witch Academia got a serial? I need to get out of my cave...

Wait what... No way! I watch the shit out of that. And ship main character with that bitch Diana

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

Is just me who bothered with servant choker?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In the original version, she was the only one who wore one, and she had it before she even met the Master. In the flashback there, the other animal girls didn't wear them so it seems to be a personal affectation. Now it's not certain how close the artist is sticking to the Onee-Loli stories, so that might have changed but so far it seems like it's not connected to her status so much as her costume design.

joined Jan 11, 2015

@adyatma16, Nez
It is the same in this version. Chapter 3 is a flashback to before she met Master, and she is the only one who wears a collar like that (although some of the other girls wear different kinds of chokers). There is also a shower scene in chapter 5, where she takes it off and puts it back on. So, as Nez said, it is in all likelihood just a piece of fashion.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Thank you, the world needed this. Nuff said.

Ropponmatsu posted:
It is the author's own translation, so the scanlator probably kept it for consistency, despite it being a little awkward.

I feel like whenever a japanese author tries their hand at a foreign language it turns out akward. Like in Un bouquet de fleurs pour vous for anyone who knows a bit about french, good job with the title but then this page, I laughed my ass off. Do they even bother to find someone to proofread? Google translate is bad you know...

that was probably also "author's own attempt." Google Translate gives: "Je vous enverrai un bouquet demain aussi"
for what was probably meant.

I don't think Google T is as bad for French as it is for, say, Japanese. It used to be insane for Spanish, weirdly enough, but has gotten better. It still royally messes up Japanese.

joined Jan 11, 2015

@Marion Diabolito
Yeah, everyday Japanese is based heavily on understanding/knowing the context, because it generally leaves out basic/"obvious" bits of information. While it is easy for a person to know these things, Google T, which can only go by the words you give it, has a much harder time.

Edit: For example, Japanese doesn't have a definite grammatical article (the) or equivalent, nor is there singular/plural.

While I don't speak any other Asian language besides Japanese, I've heard from others that Japanese <> Chinese and Japanese <> Korean is significanly more accurate than Japanese <> European languages, which makes sense.

last edited at Feb 3, 2017 1:03PM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

With so much cuteness and Itou Hachi fluffy style I can hardly see any meaning to the choker. Which is too bad, I usually enjoy that sort of thing hehe (sorry Itou-sensei, I didn't mean that, your work is too cute)

Marion Diabolito posted:
that was probably also "author's own attempt." Google Translate gives: "Je vous enverrai un bouquet demain aussi"

I mentioned google translate as a joke but what you're saying is that it does a better job than the author did? That's a bit sad really... Might just be that article issue. Yeah, that's what it is. No way an author would be that lazy and not care about correct grammar right?

Ropponmatsu posted:

Edit: For example, Japanese doesn't have a definite grammatical article (the) or equivalent, nor is there singular/plural.

That seems to be the big thing they have a hard time overcoming... Which I get honestly since they never had them and never needed them

While I don't speak any other Asian language besides Japanese, I've heard from others that Japanese <> Chinese and Japanese <> Korean is significanly more accurate than Japanese <> European languages, which makes sense.

I read somewhere that machine translators were (a tiny bit) more efficient with chinese than japanese. I wonder why

last edited at Feb 3, 2017 2:02PM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Man, I seriously cannot wait to see in which moment this go from "Master is scary" to "I can't fall sleep until Master has kissed me"

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There is also a shower scene in chapter 5

L....lewd!!

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Didn't expect to ever see a serialization of this story, so I'm plesantly surprised. Got to love that lolicon & maid fetish master of hers (and somewhat creepy background story with the school selling/giving away little girls to rich people).

last edited at Feb 4, 2017 6:55PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

You are looking at it all wrong - it isn't a servant collar - she is a cute cat girl - this is her cute cat collar - because she is a cat :) - it would be clearer if it had a bell - but it is a pretty red and gold :)

None of the other servants wear them - she wore it before moving to the mansion in cat girl school - the other cat girls seen there (in master and me) don't wear them so I am assuming it is her own.

I'm glad we get to see how this pair from oneeloli and master and me started out :)

last edited at Feb 5, 2017 8:34AM

Jolks%202
joined Dec 2, 2016

OMG!!! My favourite pairing from Itou Hachi sensei is finally here!!!

I am pretty sure around 5 chapters have been published (at least that's what I saw from reading the Chinese scans) so please someone post them all! <3

joined Jan 11, 2015

@Artemis
The first volume contains 7 chapters. I'm not sure how much more has been published since its release. Baka Manga Updates lists it as having two volumes published, but also uses the cover of Isn't the Moon Beautiful vol.2 in the same article, so I don't think it's correct.

Blnjpmvciaahk9w
joined Aug 1, 2016

Chokes No... Coughs It's too sweet... Continues to Cough and Choke

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Too cute......

.....i fear there is no point of returning if i continue.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

I hope the other girls found a kind yuri master too. ;-;

The whole concept feels kinda dirty, but maybe I'm too jaded from horror / drama orphanages in manga.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

I hope the other girls found a kind yuri master too. ;-;

did you mean, "obsessive and slightly scary Yuri master XD

I love how obsessive she is tho'
that's how makes her gorgeous~
read it ASAP: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/master_and_me_2
if you didn't know about it

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I like some elements of this version, but I think I prefer the pacing of the original a bit better.

The art feels oddly less lush than their usual stuff too, but that might be just my perception.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

MY HEART, GODDAMIT THIS IS TOO MUCH

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

I think I might start crying, this is too cute.

To reply you must either login or sign up.