Forum › Helen ESP discussion

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

This is an odd story, but it's really cute and kinda sweet... read it once before. :)

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

ah yes i remember reading this. it was pretty trippy.

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/helen_esp_extra_story#5

Actually it's the surface of my computer screen, but...
Anyways, that was an odd, but interesting story.

It was kind of sad at parts...
I can't even imagine what it'd be like to be blind, deaf and mute every day of my life. Even with Helen's psychic powers, it still seems like a miserable fate. You have to admire Helen's positive attitude.

last edited at Aug 6, 2013 8:04PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Cute, but I wish it had more of an overarching story. A lot of interesting things were brought up, but they were immediately forgotten.

Also, did anyone notice that occasionally she seemed to respond to people talking, even though she's supposed to be deaf?

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I realized soon into chapter 2 that this is the same author of Franken Fran, and I really enjoyed that series (despite the excessive gory detail). I just got to the first extra, so I was thrilled. I really like the way this story flows, just the normal everyday activities of a blind, deaf, mute, esper. If I had to compare it to another work on the reader, it would probably be something by Dowman Sayman, I really think these authors have something similar going for them.

*edit: Thinking back on it, in the first extra it was probably a good thing she didn't ask for any kind of surgery, who knows what might've happened...

last edited at Jun 4, 2014 2:14AM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

i always felt a bit unsettled when reading this. its a sweet story on the outside, but there was always something sinister and/or bleak lurking underneath.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Victor is so cute. Best character haha. The uncle was also really sweet.

I thought the ending was reaaaallly abrupt. I know there wasn't really a storyline, but the last chapter just seemed like any other regular chapter. I had a "that's it?" moment when I got there.

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

i always felt a bit unsettled when reading this. its a sweet story on the outside, but there was always something sinister and/or bleak lurking underneath.

Yeah, like the flower garden chapter, it's so sad..

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

This art-style seems familiar....
He's the guy that did Franken Fran.
Time to nostalgia and having bad dreams again

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Surprisingly good for my taste except for the extra chap. Hahaha. . Quite imaginative and entertaining, I would say. Lot of metaphysical concepts in here. Thinking is inevitable.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

It's okay, kinda meh..... but here's my fav part https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/helen_esp_ch09#17 I pffft so hard at the angry dickdoll, it's what kept me reading

joined May 1, 2017

Well, that was a wholesome read. Helen is just too precious.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/helen_esp_ch10#28
You call that "'prank calling', pal?". 'Cause I'm not getting the joke.
I liked it overall, but the last chapter was a bit disappointing, it didn't feel like a conclusion at all. Even with the series' episodic nature, I think it could have done something more tasteful for the last chapter. It wasn't bad, but it felt no different than all the rest. I'd like to have seen something that would perhaps indicate as to what Helen's future may look like, or a story related to the ones close to her maybe? Its title was good though... But it also kinda made me expect something more haha

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

This one was realy good. I even got misty eyed here and there. The chapter were Helen Father appears was so good. As others have said the only bad thing is that it just ends, i would loved some 7 volumes at least. Lovely characters and with a strong yuri goggles you can see the triangle Oguri - Helen - Reiji forming. But maybe im just shiptrash.

last edited at Sep 1, 2022 9:03AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.