Forum › Citrus discussion

joined Jan 5, 2015

Am I the only one confused with the existance of the twins? Like where did they come from Suddenly they were just in the story and one already knew Mei. Did I miss something?

The smaller one has diagnosed cancer - that destiny mumbo jumbo is a coping mechanism. She wants to experience true love before dying.

Are you dramatizing what I'm dramatizing?

joined Jan 5, 2015

People have been saying Citrus is popular 'cause it's a soap opera level. I disagree to a point.
I liked Citrus because the heroine is just so.. likeable. It's hard to find a manga character that's not either supah cool or 'characterized' with depression. She's kinda like yuri Forrest Gump - not exactly right in the head, but makes it up with heart. She really wants to help people. It is what makes me care about her, when she's jerked around by her feelings. It's like watching a puppy kicked around.
BTW. I wanted to compare Prism with Citrus. Prism is kinda-good artwork (stolen, unfortunately) with great writing and characterization. Citrus is oh-so-tasteful art with average depth characters. Citrus & Prism authors should team up someday.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Higashiyama Shou, the author of Prism can very well draw great art by himself. All his work have great art (Even if I don't really approve his hentai, even them have it).
If I remember well only few page of Prism were proved "copy", It doesn't make his art any less great. At least it's what I believe.

last edited at Jan 11, 2015 3:33PM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Higashiyama Shou, the author of Prism can very well draw great art by himself. All his work have great art (Even if I don't really approve his hentai, even them have it).
If I remember well only few page of Prism were proved "copy", It doesn't make his art any less great. At least it's what I believe.

Wait. I'm confused. I thought Citrus was done by Saburouta?

joined Jan 5, 2015

Wait. I'm confused. I thought Citrus was done by Saburouta?

Yes. Don't know how posts above imply Citrus wasn't done by Saburouta, though.
I wonder why Higashiyama Shou started doing photo tracelining - he was out of ideas for composition or maybe people weren't interested as much in his original work?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Nobody said that citrus wasn't done by Saburouta, I was just responding to the previous comment x)

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Raws are out and well, quite the amazing chapter.

Can't wait to see the reactions.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ probably the same as always XD I can't wait...hopefully I'll get another early chapter!

Es1-3muwmamw-fl
joined Dec 20, 2014

What the FAQ is with the raws

Mei you little bitch D:

Yuzu, there's plenty of other gorgeous girls, take one or all

last edited at Jan 17, 2015 8:54AM

Es1-3muwmamw-fl
joined Dec 20, 2014

On a side note, I'm probably in the minority (and in danger) for wanting Harumin to like Yuzu (in a more than friends-kind of way). I can't help it. It's what my heart wants. Even if it's a cheap move on Sabu's part.

Yeah we're a minority here :( And probably in danger. It's a cheap trick alright. I mean, as I always said Harumi is suspicious, I can't help but feel the author is plannning something for her. I wouldn't be surprise if, yeah, the cheap trick happened. Well, maybe it's just me because I'm slowly disliking Mei, with what happened in the recent chapters(or the recent raws as my post above) What's even her problem? She's just basically kicking Yuzu in the feel it's not even fun anymore -_- This is manga is seriously one feet away from the trash...

There, forgot about spoiler

last edited at Jan 17, 2015 8:49AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Someone spoiler the posts above this one.

Tokyo%20mew%20mew%20icon
joined Jan 15, 2015

Just caught up on Citrus and read through many pages of comments, so I decided to make an account! Personally I can't wait to see more of Harumi, she's awesome. I don't know how I feel about Harumi/Yuzu yet though...
Also where are these raws you people speak of? (Hehe, sorry I'm new to this...)

joined Jan 5, 2015

https://pl-pl.facebook.com/CitrusSaburoUta
there's a link there :)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Raws are out and well, quite the amazing chapter.

Can't wait to see the reactions.

You enjoy it, huh? in a vicious way or in a eager way?
I went and read the hidden spoiler, see you guys in Abril XD

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Boy, seeing reactions at the raws on tumblr make me wonder if people only see them to rage with no reason. Because their take on the raws is not what I got from them.

Sam1
joined May 11, 2012

I just read the RAWs too, I can't wait for the shitstorm when the translated chapter is uploaded here...
There's really no brakes on Saburouta's wild ride.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Nobody said that citrus wasn't done by Saburouta, I was just responding to the previous comment x)

Whoops. My bad. Didn't realize you were responding to the post before you. My bad.

I just read the RAWs too, I can't wait for the shitstorm when the translated chapter is uploaded here...
There's really no brakes on Saburouta's wild ride.

... It's so tempting to read them now.
but we all knew we were in for this wild ride the moment we boarded the feels train

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

I saw chapter 14 raw on tumblr and my all feelings TT_TT I'm very much annoyed with Mei's attitude.

Tokyo%20mew%20mew%20icon
joined Jan 15, 2015

https://pl-pl.facebook.com/CitrusSaburoUta
there's a link there :)

Thanks! :)

Rsz_17544039_p0
joined Jul 19, 2014

Hey guys, I know we're on Ch 13 now, but why the hell did Mei make out with some teacher in Ch 1? I don't think it was ever explained.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

^ Wasn't it because there was supposed to be an arranged marriage between them and the guy took advantage of her ?

last edited at Jan 18, 2015 6:21AM

Es1-3muwmamw-fl
joined Dec 20, 2014

Hey guys, I know we're on Ch 13 now, but why the hell did Mei make out with some teacher in Ch 1? I don't think it was ever explained.

I think it's because of her grandfather? It's like an arranged thing for Mei(granpa set them up). I might be mistaken, though

Rsz_17544039_p0
joined Jul 19, 2014

Oh yeah, I think that's it. Thanks, I start to forget stuff after a while, especially when it involves drama. Too many things too keep track of, y'know?

last edited at Jan 18, 2015 7:13AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh no... Oh well, yes...but no... Oh no!
I rather get an anime for Hayate x Blade (is not in yurihime right?)... Citrus doesnt have enough material for an anime, if it gets one it would end right after the triangle with 12 chapters ... With the fight and void. An OVA might be a possibility

Dark_Tzitzimine

To reply you must either login or sign up.