Forum › Terumina discussion

joined Aug 10, 2016

ok what the fuck

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Ah! It's back? The general unsettled feeling I get when reading this... Hm.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

I fear of those two after something ripping off the cord, did they died?

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Love it

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I fear of those two after something ripping off the cord, did they died?

From what I can tell it looks like they might have just had lesbians together, so all is well.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

From what I can tell it looks like they might have just had lesbians together, so all is well.

You joke but the black haired girl seems that she was running on battery and it was pretty low when he reached her.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Good to see this still resembles my nightmares

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

This series is absolutely glorious. That catgirl is adorable, and of course there's the whole WTF aspect of it all.

Ava
joined Feb 2, 2016

I see the tokyo rail system operators took some lessons from the Hybrid from battlestar galactica

Nlridingaa
joined Aug 15, 2016

Maybe I'm going too dark in my interpretation of this, but the environment is always ominous and hellish so maybe that is the point. If you have read any stories about what happens to children when they are kidnaped and turned into "prostitutes", you might agree with me that it seems like the overarching "story" of this series seems to go through those steps.

To summarize the main thing that happens in each chapter:
Ch1 deals with Tengu that are known for their kidnappings, this is even stated in this chapter.
Ch2 they are literally in the world of prostitution, the older girl is mentoring so to speak.
Ch3 she is now being used to recruit another child, the "little sister" character in this case.
Ch4 she ends up taking over the job for two other girls, who are also "sisters".

Becoming a catgirl is then probably symbolic of her being changed by her kidnapers, as this is shown to be something someone is doing to her, the "robot hands". There is probably a lot of other smaller details to go into.

I don't know what this manga is trying to say, it doesn't really seem to portray this evil act as something beautiful, as everywhere she goes things look horrifying, but why base a manga around this theme in such a cryptic way I don't know. It also a bad ending, is it trying to say that without "child to adult" prostitution rings society won't function, as symbolized with the train system that she eventually becomes an important part of. If I'm onto something here that sure puts this author in a wicked light. (Alternatively maybe the train system is just symbolic of the sex trafficking system itself, that she becomes a part of.)

I kinda hope I'm totally wrong, but it seems to fit in a lot of ways.

last edited at Jan 18, 2019 3:38PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

This kind of organic architecture art is the best, like that one K-on doujin or Kowloon walled city.

Do you remember what that K-on doujin is called?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

This kind of organic architecture art is the best, like that one K-on doujin or Kowloon walled city.

...You really want to reply to a six-year-old comment like that? But I'd guess that they're talking about this one-shot from the same author

joined Aug 21, 2017

Maybe I'm going too dark in my interpretation of this, but the environment is always ominous and hellish so maybe that is the point. If you have read any stories about what happens to children when they are kidnaped and turned into "prostitutes", you might agree with me that it seems like the overarching "story" of this series seems to go through those steps.

To summarize the main thing that happens in each chapter:
Ch1 deals with Tengu that are known for their kidnappings, this is even stated in this chapter.
Ch2 they are literally in the world of prostitution, the older girl is mentoring so to speak.
Ch3 she is now being used to recruit another child, the "little sister" character in this case.
Ch4 she ends up taking over the job for two other girls, who are also "sisters".

Becoming a catgirl is then probably symbolic of her being changed by her kidnapers, as this is shown to be something someone is doing to her, the "robot hands". There is probably a lot of other smaller details to go into.

I don't know what this manga is trying to say, it doesn't really seem to portray this evil act as something beautiful, as everywhere she goes things look horrifying, but why base a manga around this theme in such a cryptic way I don't know. It also a bad ending, is it trying to say that without "child to adult" prostitution rings society won't function, as symbolized with the train system that she eventually becomes an important part of. If I'm onto something here that sure puts this author in a wicked light. (Alternatively maybe the train system is just symbolic of the sex trafficking system itself, that she becomes a part of.)

I kinda hope I'm totally wrong, but it seems to fit in a lot of ways.

They could just be weird. Each chapter is episodic and aren't really related to each other, except that they are all a bad time.

1. Tengu cover her and the mountain in their slime.
  2. She gets trapped in the prostitution area.
  3. She and her sister get consumed by the monster in the tunnel.
  4. She feels obligated to fix the tram (an apparently impossible task).
  5. She gets used by the kitsune for the parasites.

But I see what you are saying. I am not sure how Ch. 5 fits in your theory, but it could probably be worked in.

joined May 30, 2020

Nightmare nightmare nightmare nightmare

Why did I read this at 4 am.

last edited at Apr 30, 2022 7:18AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

...You really want to reply to a six-year-old comment like that? [...]

Are you kidding? I love that people here just randomly reply to six-year-old posts (or even reply to people who got banned three years ago) as if time has stood still. Helps keep me from feeling like I'm knocking on fifty.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Another chapter? You're too kind. I like this manga a lot.

To reply you must either login or sign up.