Forum › Renai Manga discussion

nowkiss.jpg

I hope this isn't like the other manga series....(I forgot what the name was but it has Manga in it) where they get along for a long time and it's labeled 'yuri,' but nothing physically ever happens. ZZZZzzz

Wasn't it a "Manga no Tsukurikata"? What happened to it? I saw somewhere 40+ chapter, is it even worth reading?

The story for Manga no Tsukurikata is rather good. It is true though that the 'yuri' label is a little misleading. Its at 41 chapters and it will probably go on for a while so that may change.

A Note From The Garden of Lilies has a mangaka and some yuri (others would call is shojo-ai, but yuri is yuri) I really liked the story.

last edited at Oct 12, 2014 12:16PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

A Note From The Garden of Lilies has a mangaka and some yuri (others would call is shojo-ai, but yuri is yuri) I really liked the story.

+1 too much people make distinction between Shoujo ai and Yuri stating that if there are no sex, or lots of kisses then it's not yuri whereas initially IT IS called yuri >.>

For manga no Tsukurikata, I stopped when the drama came up, I didn't like where it was going

joined Nov 30, 2011

So it's over!? =(

And MnT was kinda boring... at some point I felt like it lost its way and then introduced pointless drama. Anyhoo, back to this one, I wish we had a least another chapter or two lol.

Ba6830e9-5391-43ab-838d-9b1794f709e7
joined Jul 8, 2013

I could see the letter thing coming a mile away, and it still made me a bit misty-eyed. Well executed.

last edited at Oct 12, 2014 2:34PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

+1 too much people make distinction between Shoujo ai and Yuri stating that if there are no sex, or lots of kisses then it's not yuri whereas initially IT IS called yuri >.>

It was always my understanding that Shoujo-Ai is SFW and Yuri is NSFW, much like Shounen-Ai and Yaoi. But like the definition of a tsundere, it's not the same as it was before.

last edited at Oct 12, 2014 2:47PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, here's hoping the extra will have them actually as a couple. Not expecting a kiss or anything (though I'd love that!), but some indication that they're each others' one and only.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It was always my understanding that Shoujo-Ai is SFW and Yuri is NSFW, much like Shounen-Ai and Yaoi. But like the definition of a tsundere, it's not the same as it was before.

I doubt there's really a definite dividing line between yuri and shoujo-ai, although I'd apply the latter to more subtle/innocent schoolgirl kind of stuff like Maria-sama and Miss Sunflower. Yuri, to me at least, covers everything with an clear statement of love (even just inside the character's head), and covers most of the NSFW stuff as well.

I'd personally call stuff with a strong influence of the real world, like Honey & Honey, Husky and Medley or Love My Life to be lesbian fiction rather than yuri. But I don't expect anyone else to follow my lead.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I doubt there's really a definite dividing line between yuri and shoujo-ai, although I'd apply the latter to more subtle/innocent schoolgirl kind of stuff like Maria-sama and Miss Sunflower. Yuri, to me at least, covers everything with an clear statement of love (even just inside the character's head), and covers most of the NSFW stuff as well.

I'd personally call stuff with a strong influence of the real world, like Honey & Honey, Husky and Medley or Love My Life to be lesbian fiction rather than yuri. But I don't expect anyone else to follow my lead.

I read some wikipedia articles about what the westerners version was (i.e. my interpretation was generally the accepted version) and the japanese was, and apparently the japanese version of shoujo-ai is equaled to pedophilia. Or at least that's what the word is used as.

Also in recent years it seems the term 'yuri' is used in the sense that you use it. So I guess that's that.

last edited at Oct 12, 2014 4:52PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Personaly I don't like using the word shoujo ai. If it's published in a yuri anthology or if the manga is clearly following a romantic relationship between girls, then it's yuri otherwise it's not yuri and there is no "Ai" so I don't see why I would call it shoujo ai...

last edited at Oct 12, 2014 5:56PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Personaly I don't like using the word shoujo ai. If it's published in a yuri anthology or if the manga is clearly following a romantic relationship between girls, then it's yuri otherwise it's not yuri and there is no "Ai" so I don't see why I would call it shoujo ai...

I expect it came about to mirror the yaoi/shonen ai split that already exists in that genre. Not sure if it really has as much of a place in yuri tbh.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

I'm pretty sure shoujo ai isn't even a word used in Japan. It's always been yuri and at most, girls love.

As for the series itself, I feel really disappointed with the ending here. I expected something more than just yay hold hands and we're in love! I think the series could have expanded more and delve more into the background of each character. But in terms if a short series, I don't think it's too bad. I would honestly say this is more slice of life than yuri, I think the series should've gone into that direction instead.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

They were both very cute. But this can't be it!!

A chapter or two showing them going on a date or being lovey-dovey would be heaven.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Wait, it's called I Want To Be Honest? Sensei is actually Asagi Ryuu?

Can't believe I never noticed that.

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

that was soooooooooooo from her xD awww, she kept it as a charm :3 the feels! goddamn! :3

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I'm so happy right now!

Kjraze
joined Mar 3, 2014

GUH the fan letter charm hit me right in the feels. Help because I cannOT get up it's just too cute

joined Jun 5, 2014

Be the iceberg. Reveal a portion of yourself to her. Save your hidden wonderment & splendor for those willing to dive deep with you ..just sayin

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/renai_manga_ch06#24

last edited at Oct 13, 2014 11:19PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

SInce is still marked as ongoing, there are more?

Not gonna lie, this ending was underwhelming.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

SInce is still marked as ongoing, there are more?

Not gonna lie, this ending was underwhelming.

There's still an extra (as described in the release post).

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Gaaaah, they're so cute I could dieeee ;v;

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 7:34PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Way not to show a kiss :(

On a side note, I really, really want to see a longer series from this author. A bit less cliched and we might have a second Morinaga Milk. But with less high school.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Was it really necessary for the author to have a character saying their relationship was not going to last?

FUCK YEAH! good and cute ending... And wow I can't believe http://dynasty-scans.com/series/i_want_to_be_honest became so popular, sensei sure is kinky

lol, good job.

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 11:07PM

Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Chapter 6 is a perfect ending, if it was..

10698506_356095501219916_3104907167461467085_n
joined Sep 21, 2013

I want them to kiss!!! >_<

me too

65752315_p1
joined May 1, 2014

I just read it all, it's 6 am =_= I enjoyed a lot but D: I can't believe this is the end ;_;

To reply you must either login or sign up.