Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

All my homies want to see Akira happy.

I want to see Hana's mom ravage her.

Yes! Please!

last edited at Apr 6, 2023 8:14AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I do not know why but "Sugar-Fuu" is really fucking cute to me. The whole panel was bizarrely cute.

In all honesty, really felt bad for Fuuka about the whole deal with the girl. I think this is the most humanizing and relatable thing we've seen in the manga thus far (at least as far as Fuuka goes*), and definitely gives some more substance to her desperate attachment to Yuni. Question to the translator, how does the line about the girl "...spreading her legs for a man..." appear in the original script? Also thank you for doing this.

男に股開いた挙句無様なお腹さらして
よくあんな風に笑えるよね

Much appreciated. Would you say this implies Fuuka has something against men in general, or is it more relevant to the specific shock she's just received and the anger/frustration relating to it? Probably should've asked that in the original comment, now that I think about it.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I do not know why but "Sugar-Fuu" is really fucking cute to me. The whole panel was bizarrely cute.

In all honesty, really felt bad for Fuuka about the whole deal with the girl. I think this is the most humanizing and relatable thing we've seen in the manga thus far (at least as far as Fuuka goes*), and definitely gives some more substance to her desperate attachment to Yuni. Question to the translator, how does the line about the girl "...spreading her legs for a man..." appear in the original script? Also thank you for doing this.

I'll also say firmly, once again that I have absolutely no sympathy for Nanase, and at this point, I am legitimately incensed at her bullshit, it's not even a request, she fucking expects her to be there. To magically find her fucking way all over there, be a good girl and keep herself busy until the goddamn match, and then show up and support her for absolutely fucking nothing. "I'll be able to do my best..." this dumb motherfucker. She is the biggest fool in this manga, in my eyes. Also I am willing to bet her club friend is most probably in love with her.

last edited at Apr 4, 2023 12:37PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

... I guess you can still ship Hatomori x Ruri, but platonically

Naw, if anything, 15.5 has only made me ship them harder. Shit might be the titanic, for all I care, I still say full steam ahead.

As an aside, the comedic chemistry between Hatomori and Ruri is absolutely outstanding, and the comedic timing is also impeccable. Good shit.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

At this point I'd prefer to think Nanao is actually Mai, but with amnesia

That'd be orbit-launchingly hilarious. Or maybe another twist is Nanao getting back home after all is said and done, gets a telephone call from her cousin which she has not spoken to in a hot minute, who is revealed to be Mai, because why the fuck not? Absolutely not gonna happen, and definitely not my preferred route, but boy would I laugh all the way to the stratosphere.

last edited at Apr 1, 2023 1:39PM

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Sure. But I don't think Kasumi is. Demiromantic, certainly. But her reactions here, plus the general thrust of the story so far, really don't strike me as building up to an aro ending. Maybe I'm wrong.

I feel your previous comment up above summarizes that really nicely, she's giving the topic a proper thought and seems to be starting to come around to the notion of having romantic feelings toward Sakurako. It's only recently that she's started really seriously trying to give clear definitions to things that simply have been around in her life up until now, and it really does seem like her awareness of Sakurako is shifting slowly and that a romantic component is becoming more prevalent and noticeable. Also that little tease in the end and Kasumi's reactions were simply adorable.

To be honest, I personally don't think there's much of a point for us to try and label the character before she's shown any intention of doing so herself. I am not happy with this statement, but cannot find the words to fully represent what I'm thinking, so I hope what I mean is clear, and I hope I don't come across as asshole-ish. Either case, in this case, I feel like the process Kasumi is going through has already started showing what the end result is going to be. In other words, I also think that there's an explicit romantic endgame here, even if it's a low-key or slow-burn kind of thing.

last edited at Apr 1, 2023 1:07PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

My boy the prince has now awoken to yuri and stumbled right into an all-you-can-eat buffet. My boy's gonna be eating well, I'm kinda envious. I'm actually fairly certain he'll be more of a support/wingman than anything else after this chapter, and his saying that he sees Lapis as a little sister is sincerely just how it is.

I'm also not going to put a lot of weight into what seems like Diana being possessive and hostile, but it is now crystal clear that she's in love with Natori, if that wasn't clear already. I'm not sure how to feel about it, to be honest. I don't really feel like there's the need for a triangle or harem of any sort here, with how nicely the dynamic between Natori and Lapis is shaping up, but we'll see where this ship decides to steer itself.

Speaking of Natori and Lapis' dynamic, I'm loving how things are developing. My boy the prince caught Lapis there at the end, and Natori is a bit of a messy ball of feelings as well, so I'm feeling rather confident in declaring that the big gay is taking hold in both of them.

Aside from the big thing with Lapis' supposedly nefarious plan and her supposed attitude toward commoners, I have no clue where this story is going to go and what it is going to tackle, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

As an aside, question about translation, how does Lapis' surname appear in the source text?

...I could read yuri with that premise for the rest of my life and never get sick of it.

Almost 100% agreed there. One of my favorite things is having these characters with icy, rough exteriors and seeing their ice slowly melt like that.

last edited at Mar 31, 2023 8:06AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Let's fucking go babyyyyyyy! I am irrationally happy about this development, and I am so looking forward to the next chapter(s). Go big, not home.

...I HAVE TO WAIT 2 MORE MONTHS...

Wait what do you mean two months? Oh lord this is going to be hard.

Next chapter might be heartbreaking...

I get what you're saying and where you're coming from, but I simply can't see this going in the heartbreaky direction. I also don't necesaarily think Nanao's gonna go anywhere. I guess she might start going to brothels by herself, though. In any case, I really don't think this series has any sort of doom or gloom in its horizon.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I was waiting for that extra 15.5 translation, and I'm glad I was right from the beginning, about Fuuko truly loving Yuni
I was having a faith in Fuuko from the beginning and I' not disappointed.

Man earlier you kept insisting that breaking up an established relationship if you start fancying someone else is morally questionable actually. However you also keep insisting that Fuuko is "noble" for very assertively inserting herself into said relationship, potentially forcing the very same breakup. I just can't keep up with this equation at all to be honest.

Also,

(ha, ha, what a subtle cuck spice!)

what the fuck, like seriously xD

I honestly think some of their thoughts get lost in translation somewhere between their mind and the written text. Perhaps ESL or something along those lines is at fault. I kinda get where they're coming from in some of their angles, specifically the questionable nobility displayed by Fuuka, but something definitely doesn't wholly come across to us.

In any case, I think there's a bit more evidence now that, if nothing else, Fuuka's attachment to Yuni is sincere. What form her attachment takes is a bit vaguer (I somehow never realized that vaguer is the correct form. thanks Grammarly. this is not a sponsored comment), is it love or another form of emotional dependency, or "porque no los dos" and all. The origins of her attachment are still a bit shrouded as well, I mean, yeah, she's been following her venting account for a long while even before realizing it's hers, but is it just that?

I also don't necessarily agree with saying that Fuuka is a villain. Main antagonistic force/main source of conflict? Yeah, sure, but not in a villainous way. Not until she starts ojou-sama laughing over all these plebs or something like that. But seriously, I don't think she simply revels in the chaos she causes, I think that there's a good deal of sincerity in her demeanor and in her actions that is more nuanced compared to the shit-stirrer role she seems to embrace.

And I will also say, again, that Nanase was directly confronted by Yuni with how terrible of a girlfriend she is, and has multiple times explicitly and in no uncertain terms vowed to do better, and then proceeded to do absolutely fucking nothing. I agree that Yuni has plenty of issues and that she often deflects and runs away instead of, you know, quite literally anything else, but she is not just a coward, or in other words, saying that she's a coward completely undersells how deep her issues are and how tight their grasp on her is.

Unrelatedly, this is not a complaint or a request, but I do hope that the remaining chapters get a more coherent treatment at some point, just so that there's a consistent understanding of everything that's happened.

last edited at Mar 26, 2023 8:14AM

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Cute and wholesome chapter that also moves things forward. Big fan. Uda is incredible and deserves the best.

For better or worse I don't think that'll turn bittersweet...

Neither do I. She kinda sells herself short and doubts herself, but Uda has a lot more of an effect on Riri than she realizes, and it's a matter of time before Riri connects the dots, in my opinion. I do feel like there'll need to be an "outside" intervention probably by Nagisa and Mashiro, once they do manage to pry themselves apart.

I also really like Uda not spilling the beans at this point, like you said, time and place for everything, and here I think the whole deal needs to stew for a bit more time. Also, question, why did you add quotation marks to Riri's name?

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

not making excuse yet making excuses that cames at no suprised Yuni cheated…….WTF?? I’m sorry what part of this story is “a suprise” as if it’s the natural order of things for an neglected partner to CHOSE TO CHEAT insted of fixing the issue in A FEW MIN!!! or GIVE a second chance and once that failed you can break up! how in hell ALL OF THIS is Yuni briliant awnser?? DOING this much to HIDE the cheating instead of fixing it? BREAKING up take less time that Yuni making an sorry excuse to be with her mistress

You'd be right that breaking up would be the more "morally sound" choice... in real life and/or when tackled by mature, relatively confident people. I actually fucking hate parallelling real life to these stories so I straight up throw this aside, but Yuni is far from being either mature or confident. Nya-chan was 100% correct with their thoughts on her; she wanted everything and might end with nothing. Though I personally do not think this is where the story intends to go.

Besides, there were at least 2 distinct scenarios in which Nanase was directly confronted with her being a bad girlfriend, and each time she said something along the lines of "I'll do better" and did nothing. The whole cheating thing is not justified by any means, but it is also far from being a surprise. I would say somewhat understandable, to be honest. Like mentioned before, the girl is needy and needs constant affirmation and affection, if source A doesn't provide enough, conveniently placed source B will help.

In any case, my thoughts on the goings of the chapter are... I'm kinda unsure, to be honest. I will say that I love Fuuka as a source of turbulence (holy fucking shit that power move) and I remain steadfast in my saying that she has a much better chemistry and dynamic with Yuni. I will also say that as it stands I still have very little sympathy toward Nanase. I do not hate her, I actually don't hate anything or anyone in this story, which is a surprise to me, but I also think that she has been completely hollow in-universe and really needs to step the fuck up.

I also generally don't really have much to say about the whole morality issue of this story, in large part because of the fact that for the most part, the characters' actions match their motivations and are contextually understandable. But also... I don't know, I don't feel that this story's focus is supposed to be morality. In my eyes there is a lot more focus on the hotness factor and the sensual/sexual tension and the intimacy between the characters. The cover page displays it pretty well, I think.

I do not know where the story wants to go. Plenty of people have mentioned polyamory as a route, which I'm more than fine with as I'm a big proponent of go big or go home, but I also simply can't read this story for what it wants to do. Though it is fairly clear the following few chapters will help determine that.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I do not know this author or their works, so walking in the comment section and seeing many people talking about pain is not a good sign for me lol. Also checking out some of their other works is a huge motherfucking oof. I usually try to steer clear of heavy drama for personal reasons, but these two chapters have been really good, and I'm curious to see where things go. At least until it gets heavier than I can bear.

As far as expectations, speculations, and hopes go, I do not read Eri in any way that isn't a girl in love with their best friend, and I personally hope she and Fuyuki end up together and happy with as little turbulence as possible.

My first read of the dude was him probably being in love with Fuyuki, and even despite what happened, part of me still expects this to be the case, but we'll see. Either case I read him as a good egg for the most part, so I do hope he doesn't get all shaft no candy.

I do not yet have a read about Fuyuki, what happens with her senpai will most probably be what determines that. It is implied she'll, for lack of a better term, use her senpai to distract herself from the Eri situation, and with the senpai seemingly being either a past flame or a long-time acquaintance, it's more than plausible. At the same time I do not think this is necessarily what will happen; I most definitely hope it doesn't. We'll see. What I do think is that this may rouse something in Eri which will give a clearer picture of where she actually stands in all this.

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 6:19PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Ayyyy happy endings all around. I mean, I expected little to no turbulence, but things going this smoothly, and without even pulling any magical royal rabbits out of the commoner hat? Nice. I am a happy boy. I also expected the conversation between Aki and Momo's mother (Momomother?) to be amusing, and Aki getting the queen all flustered was most definitely amusing. Also cute.

Also they boinked! That was floating above the two of them from the beginning and I was hoping that it'd go somewhere, and I am very glad to see it pay off like that. Page 26 focusing on the moon is a cute little detail, big fan.
Also holy shit the extra is so fucking cute.

I guess all's left is the finale to send off the series. Again, kinda bummed as I wanted it to keep going, but alas.

As an aside, the cover page (?)/page 2 is doing things to this one's poor heart.

Fucked up, I guess a sheep a day keeps the scars away.

There's a welsh joke in here that I am not qualified to make. I am sorry.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I dunno--what do people think are the actual odds of this author doing a miracle-cure twist to this story?

Realistically? Not zero, but practically no chance whatsoever. Crackpot theory? It's 50-50 between the chances being incredibly low and the story reflecting that or the chances being so low that it means the outcome will most likely be the opposite.

In all seriousness, I think I've commented similarly before, I truly believe that with the competence and quality they've displayed thus far if the author chooses to go with a happy ending, they'll manage to make it make at least some sense without cheapening the whole thing.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Jesus fucking christ this chapter went hard. Pages 30 and 34 were both freight trains at full capacity hitting full speed.

Even though I get super sad when I read this story, I cannot help but want to see it to the end. I still have hope for a happy ending.
I don't want Kaori to die, damn it is so unfair.

Fucking same. Word for word what I am feeling as well. I do not care how much of an ass-pull it would be, I just want the two of them to be happy.

..."A Story About a Bully Being Sorry And Then Readers Getting Their Hearts Smashed With a Sledgehammer."...

lol but also oof.

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 8:17AM

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

So if I understand correctly, the next chapter should be the final one? Kinda odd, to be honest. Not too sure how I feel about it all.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

This is the good shit right there. I really could use more Assault Lily content in my life.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

That deep lore dump in the translator notes was kind of like reading the wiki after finishing a fantasy book.

I bothered this time, but if people want to stay ignorant (or do it themselves) it'll save me the trouble.

I feel like their comment was an approving/good-natured one. At least to me, I find a lot of enjoyment in wiki-hunting nuances from movies/games I've watched. I also appreciate you doing this regardless, as it was an interesting read so thanks.

In any case, a lovely and adorable chapter. I am not sure what needed to be kept a secret or why at the end there, and I'm intrigued to find out what the "ominous silhouette" was. But truth be told, the thing that caught my eye most was "this manhole is lovely" because that is not a sentence I ever expected anyone to ever say. Like, maybe in a wretched doujin or something. Not literally and unironically.

last edited at Mar 18, 2023 7:43AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Hinoka woke up that morning and chose violence, and I wholeheartedly approve. She's gonna kill the poor girl. I'm loving it.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I don't think I've seen colored versions of the designs before. I love Kasumi's silver hair. The doodles and illustrations were great, my favorite is probably the one with zombie Aizawa sporting heart-shaped pupils, and the extra chapter was both hilarious and cute, while very clearly establishing one of the key areas of inner conflict for Michi and the thing she currently fears most, and I adore that.

With the author very clearly mentioning yuri, can we get our hopes up? I already am but still.

edit Yo, the voice-over thingy is fucking perfect. Watch it! Honestly, I'm not sure how I imagined Michi sounding before, but this is it, this is perfection.

This has to be one of the greatest combinations of absolutely adorable beauty and most disturbing horror.

I didn't even notice it at first, but 100% agreed. That and the following page were very goosebumps-worthy.

...Aizawa's speech is sealed...

I definitely think that the pentagram thingy is a seal of sorts, or perhaps mark of a bond of sorts. I personally think that the apex of the series will be with Aizawa directly saying her first words. Also, somewhat of a pet theory of mine, I don't think it's likely, but there's a chance that the series can go with a route in which Aizawa isn't actually dead or isn't dead dead, and the whole mark/seal and Aizawa's boundaries and limitations make a lot of sense in this context in my mind, and I commented this sometime before, but I simply think it'll be an incredible moment if Aizawa's first words will be after being "brought back to life".

last edited at Mar 13, 2023 11:04AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I love how they pretty much did adopt Rio. Everything about this chapter was adorable, but the hug at the end was sweetness overload, and I fucking needed that.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I do not know how I expected this to develop, but I do know that this wouldn't even be on the list, but that I like it quite a bit. Shio fucking stopped functioning, and it was simply glorious, and I am very much looking forward to seeing the gay panic unfold.

last edited at Mar 6, 2023 5:25AM

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Why do I find this so fucking hot? I also find this whole setup/story bizarrely engaging, for better or worse.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I am also plagued by the feeling that this is the calm before the storm, but until the bell tolls, I'll revel in it. It's so fucking cute and fluffy and it completely melts me.

Pages 26-27, it seems to me like Mimi is either awakening to her libido, or that she already had some to a certain degree that is now more pronounced, and I'm hoping that this gets further developed.

Also, I love how the whole "can you wait for me..." trope panned out here, because it's so perfectly in character for Mimi to respond as she did, and it also breaks through the trope itself, almost completely tearing it apart, in my opinion.

Mimi's reactions as a whole give me this feeling that she may be innocent, but not necessarily as pure as her naivete would imply she'd be. I mean, it makes sense considering her position and all, but I still find this noteworthy.

As sort of an aside, it'll take some time to get used to Sheena, but the name adjustments aren't all that bad. There definitely have been worse in the past. Appreciate you folks going the distance, though.

last edited at Mar 5, 2023 6:32AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Sucks about this being the last release, but great to know about the licensing, I'll be getting me this when the time comes.

In any case, Ms. Teacher with a choker is a destructive force, holy fucking shit. Absolute perfection of a design.