Forum › Gyakusou Shoujo discussion

joined Nov 28, 2011

So is there any genius that can explain what I just read?

Pixelavatar48
joined Mar 29, 2013

What are you confused about? I thought the manga did a pretty good job of explaining everything in the end.

Heart-broken-bandage-al
joined Feb 1, 2013

this is the first manga i read in DR , and yet it sucks .. wushoo ~

Casusby Admin
__mioda_ibuki_danganronpa_and_super_danganronpa_2_drawn_by_qosic__sample
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Have a death wish?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I am sorry to hear about your lack of taste. Perhaps there is some therapy for it?

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

So is there any genius that can explain what I just read?

one can only love or hate manga and book about time travelling and parallel dimension,

i know someone who was lost reading the melancholy of haruhi

TsundereChan
Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

I am sorry to hear about your lack of taste. Perhaps there is some therapy for it?

yes it sucks. just skimmed through this trash cuz of the tag. and i have fine taste. umad?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

yes it sucks. just skimmed through this trash cuz of the tag. and i have fine taste. umad?

The first step to finding a cure is admitting you have a problem. =D

Alice
joined Jun 14, 2012

I'm really confused now.
Is the long hair Rikuo someone from the past 26 years ago or an adult version of the kid Rikuo, who died 10 years ago?

joined May 11, 2014

I'm really confused now.
Is the long hair Rikuo someone from the past 26 years ago or an adult version of the kid Rikuo, who died 10 years ago?

It's my understanding(which is likely wrong) that long haired Rikou was the one who's life continued to repeat over and over again.

This could be because he WAS the kid that died 10 years ago but was ultimately saved by Toko.

MY biggest question though is.

Who was the person possessing Rikuo?

Was it an alternate world Rikuo? If so WHICH one?

It was stated that after things returned to normal the only people who had complete memories of everything was Toko while everyone else had their memories returned to normal but the emotions were still present so they still felt that 'Loss'. Oh...and I think the ACTUAL Rikuo had memories I can't recall.

I think the 2 at the end were pretty much the kids of Umi and Rikou that likely were given those respective names so as to have them lead them back to their(likely much older now) friends. Since they obviously wouldn't be dead just around 30-40.

Also...man I wish that at least ONE story would have it's main story end and just go with a 'Slice of Life' volume afterward. But that'd probably defeat the purpose of the story before it.

last edited at Jan 10, 2015 7:46PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just re-read this, and I'm not sure if What the Fuck Am I Reading really fits. I mean it's complex what with all the time jumps, but hardly inexplicable. The weirdest part is how Umi falls for Rikuo, when she could just have Toko any time she likes.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

From the perspective of our main characters Rikou is originally from the past although since the guy is looping through time over and over again and basically can step through time at will it's hard to really pinpoint his existence as being from any one time or place. Much like Toko, his existence ends up transcending a single time line and is rather the end result of countless loops and iterations through various branching parallel worlds.

9a905fe6a22b0201f7ade2de48a73f8d
joined Jan 22, 2014

I mean it's complex what with all the time jumps, but hardly inexplicable.

Nope, this is a genuine clusterφuck. There is no logic to it, the world (or worlds, who knows, not even the manga can decide if there are multiple timelines or not) is inexplicable changing whenever the author feels like it, and new events get literally retconned into the story (Rikuo, who Toko just met is suddenly the love of her friend and was their classmate all along?? WFT?). No, the What the Fuck Am I Reading tag is well earned here.

last edited at Jul 15, 2021 5:31PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I wouldnt have minded a yuri ending, but ... The two characters I disliked went off together (Rikuo and Umi) and the two tolerable characters stayed together.

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

i like how i understood it then forgotten how it all worked

joined Jun 21, 2020

This was confusing both on the plot level and relationships level.

last edited at Jan 2, 2023 7:14AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.