Forum › Sports thread, because why not?

joined Mar 23, 2013

I'm writing this as the Habs are now going to play in a 2nd period of overtime vs The Tampa Lightning in match 1.

Favourite sport, favourite team and players. Let's talk about the physical stuff!

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I'm writing this as the Habs are now going to play in a 2nd period of overtime vs The Tampa Lightning in match 1.

Favourite sport, favourite team and players. Let's talk about the physical stuff!

It's been years since last time I watched any sport, Teppu and Keijo!!! are the only thing I can remember about sports...

last edited at May 1, 2015 10:49PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

It's been years since last time I watched any sport, Teppu and Keijo!!! are the only thing I can remember about sports...

Keijo, haha the most shoehorned "sport" ever to make ecchi panels.

Edit: fuuuu- habs lost

last edited at May 1, 2015 11:01PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

I don't like sports, Carl, no one does; talk more about the wooden paneling.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Keijo, haha the most shoehorned "sport" ever to make ecchi panels.

"sport"? of course it's a sport! a scene like this couldn't be from anything but a sport, some people even died playing Keijo! I couldn't keep a straight face while writing that...

Edit: fuuuu- habs lost

Really? Habs that where bad or Tampa was too good? and what sport they play...?

I don't like sports, Carl, no one does; talk more about the wooden paneling.

Who would like sports? They play for the money, it's always for the money! and what's wooden paneling?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I just read the description of Keijo... Wow. At least the author is honest.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I just read the description of Keijo... Wow. At least the author is honest.

It's unexpectedly good, and funny, really funny.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Doesn't seem like my kind of humor but I'll still read it after the other 800 mangas on my PTW cause I like reading train wrecks. I don't see how the manga could be something other than a train wreck.

last edited at May 1, 2015 11:19PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Montreal Canadians and Tampa Bay Lightning, they're NHL hockey teams and it's the playoffs. Mostly we lost cause could not capitalize on rebounds the goalie gave. There was a bunch of free goals...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Montreal Canadians and Tampa Bay Lightning, they're NHL hockey teams and it's the playoffs. Mostly we lost cause could not capitalize on rebounds the goalie gave. There was a bunch of free goals...

By way of additional explanation, the Montreal Canadiens (remember to use the French spelling, they're a Quebec team) are also known as Les Habitants after the original French settlers, or "Habs" for short.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Ain't much into sports but i'll always be there rooting for Ghana at the world cup
Last year though my brother managed to make me and his girlfriend completely hooked into the NFL, rooting for the New Orland Saints and Baltimore Ravens on my spare time
Been wanting to get into Baseball but well, albeit interesting it's a little too slow

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't really watch sports, they were always a bit of an academic exercise for me. Baseball and hockey were interesting in terms of standings, and while I did watch hockey and enjoyed it for about a year, I could never find anything about baseball save the standings to be anything but dead boring. My brother's into both though, and living in Toronto he's got access to both so good on him I suppose.

I do like sports manga like Baby Steps or Adachi's baseball stuff, but that's about as close as I get to physical sport.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I always found watching people play sports games (FIFA, NFL and the likes) more interesting than watching the actual sport cause more stuff happens. Except for basketball, basketball is pretty fun to watch.

And stuff like Uncle Drew is always really fun.

joined Mar 23, 2013

By way of additional explanation, the Montreal Canadiens (remember to use the French spelling, they're a Quebec team) are also known as Les Habitants after the original French settlers, or "Habs" for short.

I would use the French spelling but seeing as not everyone here comes from NA or watches hockey I prefered to use the more English name. Both are googleable.

I find it slightly amusing that you would tell me to remember to use the French spelling when you butchered the name of my province. It's Québec damnit!
Not that I don't doubt you know and simply don't have French registered as a language. Just found it midly funny.

Funny story, I began using "Canadians" when I moved to Ontario ( GTA ) because it was too confusing for some Ontarians. That and some just wanted to be mean and make fun of me, too bad they just made themselves look dumb.

last edited at May 2, 2015 12:23AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Basketbaaaaaalllllllll. The only sport I've ever really followed of my own volition. Excited for game 7 tomorrow...

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Whoa sports thread on a manga site? what is this?

Ok serious now, I've played pretty much everything but lost interest fairly quickly...I still play basketball sometimes...well rarely. I don't watch sports I had few a bad experiences...

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

I have developed a sense of obsession with USWNT over the past year. It actually started with Taisho Baseball Girls and Moshidora - still :'( not over that anime . Anyway, so I started watching Youtube baseball vids, of course women's game, but then one FIFA game clip caught my eyes (I saw women running wild, sweating, and dayum abs I'm looking at you Abby Wambach. Add Rapinoe, Lapelbeit to that_). So yeah here I am.

AND FIFA Women's World Cup at Canada this 2015 is in one month! I envy those who could watch live

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Basketbaaaaaalllllllll. The only sport I've ever really followed of my own volition. Excited for game 7 tomorrow...

That and the fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao

kagakujinjya
Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

I love running, I can run 10 meters in 4 minutes.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

That and the fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao

Pacquiao better win. I've been waiting for that since I learned who Mayweather is.

Rest of sports is bleak though.

Favourite fighters in the UFC suck/retire/are close to retire/banned for drugs/Jon Jones/Michael Bisping/Wolf-whatever disease. So that's pretty much dead to me currently.

Liverpool... I'll stop now so I don't cry.

Giants... Same. Though to be fair to American football, doubt any game I'll ever see in person will top Lions/Ravens.

Other than that... Basketball is the most fun to play. I used to manage to injure people legally by huge flukes, every lesson. I sucked though, and since my High School didn't have an attached Sixth Form, I didn't want to play with new people, so I don't anymore.

Watching it is boring though.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

15 years of soccer, 2 years of varsity track, and 2 years of volleyball in junior high. Thanks to those three sports, I have a major thing for sporty women. (Seriously, ever gone to a track meet?? You will never. Be. The. Same.)

As for hockey, I live in the Bay Area and don't root for the S.F. teams... so, I'm used to disappointment with everyone else lmao! The San Jose Sharks choking every year in the hockey playoffs, the Raiders sucking major balls year in, and year out (seriously don't know why people think every new season with be.... THE SEASON! They suck so much!), and then watching the A's just... I don't even know!

Thankfully! The Golden State Warriors are some how, miraculously the best team in the NBA! Go figure! After years of being the worst! Though.. tickets were cheap and you could buy nosebleed seats then walk down to the lower seats because no one ever went to their games lol! Now all these freakin bandwagoners appeared because OMGD#$I&^%*H the Warriors are teh bestsez! Where the hell were these people the past 10 years when the Warriors were the worst team around?!

Canadian football is awesome though! So much more low-key, entertaining, and less testosterone than the NFL. Also, watching the All Blacks in Rugby is just awesome! Hmmm...

Went to two World Cups, one was the Women's in the 90's and then the men's in Germany some years ago. Great stuff. Also, agreed about the US Women's National Team. We totally have a few hotties on it. Hopefully we win the up coming one! Need to continue to assert our dominance!

last edited at May 2, 2015 7:25AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Other bad sports new includes Tamworth being stuck in the Vanarama North.

I miss when it was the skrill.

I miss more when it was Blue Square bet.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I find it slightly amusing that you would tell me to remember to use the French spelling when you butchered the name of my province. It's Québec damnit!
Not that I don't doubt you know and simply don't have French registered as a language. Just found it midly funny.

Hey now, I live in O-Town, Québec is within walking distance for me. The whole area is littered with Ontario French, which means half-English, half-French and 75% of both is slang. Language can be a bit fast and loose here at times.

Of course personally I'm an anglo from Nova Scotia, so what the heck do I know?

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

And then I told the goalie that his wife was a dyke.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Pacquiao better win. I've been waiting for that since I learned who Mayweather is.

Well about that...

To reply you must either login or sign up.