Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

L
joined Apr 12, 2014

takachi

Seol-a has three brothers. The one who used to live in the apartments she stays now is Hyeong-woo (re-read chapter 7 - Seol-a mentions that in her dialogue with Ji-hwan in the car). The one who gives her a visit in chapter 12, who No-rae mistakes for Seol-a's boyfriend, and the one whose car Seol-a's taking is Jin-woo. So I assumed she's taking the car from Jin-woo's garage.

Are you sure? I mean, because I think the brother we saw in chapter 12 is the same brother we saw in chapter 31. The car seems like the one we saw in ch. 12, their interaction is practically the same plus the earring.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

takachi

Seol-a has three brothers. The one who used to live in the apartments she stays now is Hyeong-woo (re-read chapter 7 - Seol-a mentions that in her dialogue with Ji-hwan in the car). The one who gives her a visit in chapter 12, who No-rae mistakes for Seol-a's boyfriend, and the one whose car Seol-a's taking is Jin-woo. So I assumed she's taking the car from Jin-woo's garage.

Are you sure? I mean, because I think the brother we saw in chapter 12 is the same brother we saw in chapter 31. The car seems like the one we saw in ch. 12, their interaction is practically the same plus the earring.

That's what she said, only the brother who lived in Seol-A apartment (which we've never seen I think) is a different one

Icon
joined Jun 1, 2013

So ridiculous with some of the nitpicking this story gets. A car in a garage that still works AND has gas in it? That's impossible! There she goes again with the deus ex machina. What a hack this writer is. She should've at least shown Seol-a going to the gas station to fill up!

It was fine with me for you to not want the criticism, I understand that but please don't put words in my mouth.

I was inquiring about the direction she went with a part of the story (which was already recently resolved) not attacking her as a writer. (If you view my previous comments you wouldn't even see me saying anything about the writer herself)

There is a definite difference between critiquing a story for what it is and critiquing a person for who they are.

Also, that's oddly a very disproportionate amount of animosity towards a simple question.
Genuinely asking if 'having gas in a (to my previously erroneous understanding) stored car is normal' to be seen as 'ridiculous nitpicking' Is like being called obnoxious for not knowing if wifi synced automatically.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 4:06PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

i'm inclined to agree with the flashbacks scenario and the pondering over what has happened... jeez, and I was secretly hoping for the next chapter being of character development which would've been a perfect B-day present for me :D

joined Nov 30, 2011

i'm inclined to agree with the flashbacks scenario and the pondering over what has happened... jeez, and I was secretly hoping for the next chapter being of character development which would've been a perfect B-day present for me :D

No no no, this is positive development! I mean, look at Seol-a about to go on a rampage.. well technically I think she's already rampaging! We've seen a somewhat tentative, maybe shy, maybe naive Seol-a and now she has literally taken the wheel. So a good thing a good thing. ;)

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 4:46PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

So ridiculous with some of the nitpicking this story gets. A car in a garage that still works AND has gas in it? That's impossible! There she goes again with the deus ex machina. What a hack this writer is. She should've at least shown Seol-a going to the gas station to fill up!

Whoa, watch out, next thing you know, people will be saying cell phones are contrived plot devices because Seol-a oh-so-conveniently called Hee-jin for No-rae's address.

Just lay back and enjoy the story y'all. Coincidences happen and people have modern technology. Amazing, isn't it?

Most people I know keep their cars parked in the garage when they're not driving them, but that doesn't mean they don't ever use them. I don't know where people got the idea that garage = ancient heap of rust never to be driven again.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 5:15PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

No no no, this is positive development! I mean, look at Seol-a about to go on a rampage.. well technically I think she's already rampaging! We've seen a somewhat tentative, maybe shy, maybe naive Seol-a and now she has literally taken the wheel. So a good thing a good thing. ;)

You are right, it was my little selfish thought. Yes, Seol-a taking the wheel and No-rae - the bat, these girls sure know how to show some resolve :D

Icon
joined Jun 1, 2013

Whoa, watch out, next thing you know, people will be saying cell phones are contrived plot devices because Seol-a oh-so-conveniently called Hee-jin for No-rae's address.

Just lay back and enjoy the story y'all. Coincidences happen and people have modern technology. Amazing, isn't it?

Most people I know keep their cars parked in the garage when they're not driving them, but that doesn't mean they don't ever use them. I don't know where people got the idea that garage = ancient heap of rust never to be driven again.

It's becoming more apparent to me that people are finding my obliviousness to this information incredulous, so I'll put things into better context.
I grew up in a country where (speaking only observationally as I have recently left and now live in the west) cars were older models (as I do not see them here), and now speaking personally, broke down when left in the garage for 3 months (or is the case for my dad's car back home) I GENUINELY was asking given that I am not Korean and have no idea how cars there are treated, function, and work. Also, cars were never just 'around' where I come from. A middle class family would have one, which was the parent's car, the adult children don't unless you were incredibly wealthy (my cousin who's lived here all her life find it strange for me, a 22 year old, to not have a license even, which is common from where I'm from). I'm new to even seeing convertibles I'm sorry if it offends you all for me to have thought it strange and device-like.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 6:13PM

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

It was fine with me for you to not want the criticism, I understand that but please don't put words in my mouth.

I was inquiring about the direction she went with a part of the story (which was already recently resolved) not attacking her as a writer. (If you view my previous comments you wouldn't even see me saying anything about the writer herself)

There is a definite difference between critiquing a story for what it is and critiquing a person for who they are.

Also, that's oddly a very disproportionate amount of animosity towards a simple question.
Genuinely asking if 'having gas in a (to my previously erroneous understanding) stored car is normal' to be seen as 'ridiculous nitpicking' Is like being called obnoxious for not knowing if wifi synced automatically.

Well, you called the fact that she had access to a car convenient and contrived. Or was it because the car was in a garage and that the gas didn't burn a hole in the gas tank that was convenient and contrived? Either way, that is pretty ridiculous, you have to admit. You don't really have to be that smart to figure out a way to get a car. There are companies that even rent them to you. And since we know she is in fact very bright, it's really not that hard to believe that she figured out a way to borrow a car without having to pay.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 6:22PM

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

I agree! Sit back and relax. Ssamba knows what she's doing. Now if you want to complain about a story, go read the last few chapters of Citrus :p.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

It's becoming more apparent to me that people are finding my obliviousness to this information incredulous, so I'll put things into better context.
I grew up in a country where (speaking only observationally as I have recently left and now live in the west) cars were older models (as I do not see them here), and now speaking personally, broke down when left in the garage for 3 months (or is the case for my dad's car back home) I GENUINELY was asking given that I am not Korean and have no idea how cars there are treated, function, and work. Also, cars were never just 'around' where I come from. A middle class family would have one, which was the parent's car, the adult children don't unless you were incredibly wealthy (my cousin who's lived here all her life find it strange for me, a 22 year old, to not have a license even, which is common from where I'm from). I'm new to even seeing convertibles I'm sorry if it offends you all for me to have thought it strange and device-like.

You should have mentioned your background as a justification for why you thought the car in garage thing was weird. So now people can actually understand why you're saying that. The first thing you said wasn't, "Hey how do cars work in Korea? Could someone explain? insert backstory here", it was about how having a car so readily available was too convenient for the plot/not realistic based on your own personal, one of a kind experience.

But in most first world countries (not just Korea), having a car isn't that big of a deal. I mean, if you've ever seen or been to a modern city, I would assume it's not that difficult to figure out that cars aren't a rarity.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 6:36PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Random Reader

Haha as far as I know I'm only super popular with my gf lol! I only ever did that with her in our first couple years together. Our personalities were and are so different it took some getting used too. On top of that she had bad experiences with guys, before meeting me, via her friends and in class/whatnot. A lot of jerks basically. So she kept expecting me turn out douchey. Which I'm not, so yeah. A bit of back and forth lol. Totally worth it though :) (I almost pulled a John Cusack at one point!!) I'm also a romantic at heart so I'll pull out all the cheesy stops without a second thought.

omg, that's the sweetest thing I've heard in a while. Kudos to you (Y). May y'all have many happy years + forever together (should totally make that into a manhwa. just saying ;) )

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 6:37PM

joined Sep 4, 2014

Aw jeez are we arguing about a car in a garage now?

Icon
joined Jun 1, 2013

You should have mentioned your background as a justification for why you thought the car in garage thing was weird. So now people can actually understand why you're saying that. The first thing you said wasn't, "Hey how do cars work in Korea? Could someone explain? insert backstory here", it was about how having a car so readily available was too convenient for the plot/not realistic based on your own personal, one of a kind experience.

But in most first world countries (not just Korea), having a car isn't that big of a deal. I mean, if you've ever seen or been to a modern city, I would assume it's not that difficult to figure out that cars aren't a rarity.

I was actually hoping I wouldn't have to, my original post only contained this regarding the car:
"And I don't know much about cars but is it normal for ones in storage for so long to have gas?"

only when someone had found it strange did I elaborate that I thought it was device-like and had been therefor prompted into asking about it, which of course was quickly resolved when they answered that it was not weird and that it was not left in storage uncared for as I had previously thought.

I do however feel that I've caused a lot of strange and unnecessary confusion for being so cryptic which I honestly apologize for. This was a very weird experience indeed.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 6:50PM

Youtubewatermarksmall
joined Mar 24, 2015

This is basically what I live for on the weekends. The simplistic art manages to perfectly capture the tone of the chapter. As an artist I have immense respect for the skill it takes to properly convey such an array of facial expressions. Thanks to halmoni for the speedy translations [google translate DEFINITELY can not handle colloquial Korean] and thanks to Samba for the great story.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Nah, girls, just relax and forget about it. I'm sure sachii didn't really want to hurt anyone. We are all getting confused occasionally by this or that.
By the way, how fast are the trains in Korea? Is there a chance Seol-a gets to Kims' before No-rae?

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Hahaha. But seriously, no. The car is already out of the garage.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 11:33PM

Icon
joined Jun 1, 2013

Hahaha. But seriously, no. The car is already out if the garage.

Only just for a while, I was being a butt, an incredibly ambiguous and highly confusing butt. I've got more car knowledge out of it though so I'm thankful to everyone who got mixed into it along the way. And yes, it's out now and being driven to No-rae's home town as we speak.

joined Apr 3, 2012

How can this comic be so good? I mean, this is obviously a trying time for Norae and Seol-a's friendshipsoontoberelationship, but I love how this has progressed so naturally and with such a great pace. No-rae is feeling so many emotions right now: jealousy, confusion (maybe not so much anymore), frustration, desire...and she thinks she has a hopeless love. Seol-a is just as dense as always, and if she had any kind of sense for romantic feelings, she just may have picked up on the obvious queues from No-rae instead of being in constant ?_? mode, but the confrontation is coming.

Next few weeks should be a fun ride.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

jETf UELcA nTM ElTStE el beaMS

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

This is basically what I live for on the weekends. The simplistic art manages to perfectly capture the tone of the chapter. As an artist I have immense respect for the skill it takes to properly convey such an array of facial expressions. Thanks to halmoni for the speedy translations [google translate DEFINITELY can not handle colloquial Korean] and thanks to Samba for the great story.

Sometimes, even I can't handle the colloquial Korean. I always have to double/triple check references to make sure my translations are correct, since there's quite a bit of slang. Koreans probably create on average 5 billion slang words a day. They'll shorten any phrase or word. If only Google translate could actually do its job and translate accurately :/

Hahaha. But seriously, no. The car is already out of the garage.

^This just made my day lol

Iwantin
joined Mar 18, 2015

I'm glad this comes out once a week..but it's still not enough.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Its ridiculous how the fight about the car in garage got blown out of proportion. Its even more ridiculous that i'd like to chip in my opinion lol.

Why do people assume when a car is in the garage, it means it's not drivable? Thats just ridiculous (again)

Her brother seems to really care about his car. He literally cried out for her not to put any scratch on it. There are so many possible reasons why its in the garage and not with him. To name a few:

• He has two cars. One for pleasure, and the other for every day. So Seola just knows right away who got a car to borrow.
  • Because he cares for his car so much, he's afraid to drive it too much and pretends to his father that he commutes using public transportation most of the time (while he actually rides his motorcycle). Samba did show that he gave Seola a ride home with his car in chapter 12, when Norae thought he was her boyfriend. So again, Seola knows right away that its usually in the garage. And etc.

And most importantly, the reason Samba didnt want to draw more panels to explain why is because she wants us to see more panels of Seola and Norae together (and yes thats what we want). Because its a story focusing on the feelings of Seola and Norae, not their daily mundane life chores.

So people, I know because you love this story too much you want to dissect it as much as possible. But please, put an end to this ridiculous debate about the car. Yes i know i've used the word "ridiculous" way too many time, but it IS ridicuous. So please focus on Norae and Seola please.

Seola is such a fighter. I'm so in love with Seola's personality. Maybe because I'm very similar to No-rae in real life lol.

Edit: Oops, when i wrote this post I wasnt aware that the car was already out of the garage. Lol. My bad

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 10:58PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

And geez, to draw all these for weekly release schedule, Samba is amazing. You gotta give Samba some leeway. If you want perfect story with nice art and every little details explained, go read novels or Citrus (not that Citrus has everything explained) while waiting 2-3 months for a chapter.
I think Samba is doing awesome delivering such a solid story within her/his constraints

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

winter:

Now you know. XD I love your fanart, too. Especially the No-rae holding Seol-a's bat. :)
Thank you for loving my fan art. I hope to see more of your fan art. ^^

You're a multi-tasking force in the fandom since you work on the scanlation team and provide fan art in between. XP And thank you, too! I'll continue to draw No-rae and Seol-a for... as long as I have ideas for them. haha. In fact, I would be drawing right now if I wasn't sick.

Random Reader:

7 1/2 of success and counting! ;)

Wow, congrats! It really does seem like a perfect outcome taken straight out of a manga or manhwa. :3

I thought that those were scenes of Seol-a reacting to finding out her "friends" true motives.

I believe it was but, that was the first time I've ever seen her friend's complete face so I was wondering if that detail meant something, such as if we'd see her again in the future or if there will be further flashbacks from that time. But, I'm probably just reading too much into it. lol.

HypocriticalLiar:

Whenever something 'similar' happened to me, it was always just point blank, "will you go out with me." I've never had/heard of this whole secret love/give chase stuff (in real life anyways). D:

Is it strange that I envy the "will you go out with me" approach? I've never met anyone who's been that direct. For me the opposite is more common (complicated confessions, secret love, chasing, and so on).

On a silly random note:
For the sake of No-rae's grades I hope they reach some sort of resolve soon, otherwise she might ruin another semester when she's supposed to be making up for the previous one so she can graduate on time. XP

To reply you must either login or sign up.