Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I've been caught up on the manga since before the anime was announced, but man, I'm finally watching the anime now that Blu-Rays (with the least possible censorship) are out and it is still so hilarious and hot at the same time that I almost regret not following the anime threads from other sites to see the reactions and throw a shitpost of my own here or there

last edited at Jul 1, 2024 8:34PM

maninthemirroroftheworld
joined May 5, 2024

when i first started the anime, i thought it was gonna be ecchi trash that i would gain no enjoyment from, but then something weird happened, it made a joke and i laughed, it got ecchi again, but after the ecchi left i laughed again, while i don't like the echhi if it was removed i genually think this could be up there as a great twist on magical girl tropes while paying ohmage to it and also having some fun yuri.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I've been caught up on the manga since before the anime was announced, but man, I'm finally watching the anime now that Blu-Rays (with the least possible censorship) are out and it is still so hilarious and hot at the same time that I almost regret not following the anime threads from other sites to see the reactions and throw a shitpost of my own here or there

Yeah the anime had some interesting reactions, a wide variety. So while you might have missed some fun reactions, you also missed the headache reactions as well haha

when i first started the anime, i thought it was gonna be ecchi trash that i would gain no enjoyment from, but then something weird happened, it made a joke and i laughed, it got ecchi again, but after the ecchi left i laughed again, while i don't like the echhi if it was removed i genually think this could be up there as a great twist on magical girl tropes while paying ohmage to it and also having some fun yuri.

Well it's good that you enjoyed some aspects of the series and humor. Though I think the sexual exploration elements are important to the core themes and narrative of the story, which is also what fuels the powers and power ups. So even with those sexual pieces to the series I'd say it's an impactful entry. Though it's also fair and understandable if you're not into the sexual side of the series.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

It seems a second season has been announced, which I'm really happy for
I hope the author is steadily recovering as well

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^ Just leaked so far, but it may be announced at the October 5th live event.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I really love the Speedy Cucumber mascot credits pages every chapter <3
Thank you for doing such a great work.

therealearthwormjim
Channels4_profile
joined Sep 11, 2024

This manga and all the references, love it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.