Forum › Dandelion Among Lilies discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Based on the cover, I'm hoping this is finally the manga that clearly explains the virtues of polygamy.

joined May 31, 2013

Nah, its pretty clear the topic is going to be crushing on her sisters girlfriend, I got a laugh out of that one line "She's somehow.... normal." you know... as apposed to the usual evil witchcraft practicing lesbians that are more common.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, I suspect the "somehow normal" also refers to someone attached to her sister, who by first impressions seems to be a bit hard to live with.

Tumblr_mpynm4dyml1qjj8e7o1_400
joined May 24, 2013

Based on the cover, I'm hoping this is finally the manga that clearly explains the virtues of polygamy.

Actually, I don't think it's polygamy. The string in the back is connected to the older sister and her girlfriend. While the girls string is just a jumble of string going straight. But I'm not sure.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Its like Candy boy Mai-Hime crossover with ShizNat as couple and the lil sis theme!
...or maybe not and I'm imagining things

joined Apr 1, 2013

I dont know why she breaks up, just because he lost the strap. he even apologized. Its not like he cheated on her?
she was overreacting.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Well, I suspect the "somehow normal" also refers to someone attached to her sister, who by first impressions seems to be a bit hard to live with.

I definitely didn't take it that way at first, but you're probably right.

Actually, I don't think it's polygamy. The string in the back is connected to the older sister and her girlfriend. While the girls string is just a jumble of string going straight. But I'm not sure.

Gar! All my hopes have been lost...And yeah, you're quite right, my eyesight must be going or something.

I dont know why she breaks up, just because he lost the strap. he even apologized. Its not like he cheated on her?
she was overreacting.

It's kind of hard to lose something so strongly attached to your cell phone, but the guy is missing his face so he probably misplaces a lot of things.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

she was overreacting.

The way she reacted when her sister sent the message by stepping on her phone makes it seem like she most likely had not thought the whole thing through and didn't give herself time to calm down. Any other genre and she would have either stared at the message for days before deleting it, or sent it and followed it up with an apology when she calmed down, at which point she'd stare at her phone waiting for him to reply and forgive her. But she now has to deal with her sister and her girlfriend, so she probably won't have much time to make that follow up or stare at her empty voicemail.

Regardless of the circumstances, nothing must stand in the way of the greatness that is Yuri. And if that means that the male love interest must be sacrificed over something like this, so be it.

joined May 31, 2013

she was overreacting.

The story seems to be going with the "men are assholes" theme to establish the sisters sudden infatuation with the other girl so i don't imagine its going to be overly well developed, I imagine within the next few chapters we will find out he cheated on her and other evil mustache twirling things, i like it so far even if it is somewhat trope.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Hmm I am curious to see how this will all turn out :) seems like it is going to be pretty interesting story line.

joined Nov 11, 2010

It wouldn't be that surprising if the guy turned out to be cheating because, after all, this

It's kind of hard to lose something so strongly attached to your cell phone, but the guy is missing his face so he probably misplaces a lot of things.

I take LifeCharacter's stance on the protagonist's reaction though; it was just her immediate, not-well-thought-out emotional reaction. If it turns out it was just the guy's honest mistake, I think lil' sis has shown enough awareness/self-reflection that she wouldn't stay all blown up about it.

I think it's pretty valid if authors (yuri or otherwise) present guys as jackasses in teenage relationships in general though, because -- let's be honest -- the highschool dating scene is pretty damned shallow. I take that as a default stance for both guys and girls, the whole population. The main idea is, while it is nice to occasionally see a genuinely nice/decent guy in yuri, I don't mind at all the general portrayals of them 'cause most of the time they could actually be called pretty realistic.

joined May 31, 2013

It wouldn't be that surprising if the guy turned out to be cheating because, after all, this

I take LifeCharacter's stance on the protagonist's reaction though; it was just her immediate, not-well-thought-out emotional reaction. If it turns out it was just the guy's honest mistake, I think lil' sis has shown enough awareness/self-reflection that she wouldn't stay all blown up about it.

I think it's pretty valid if authors (yuri or otherwise) present guys as jackasses in teenage relationships in general though, because -- let's be honest -- the highschool dating scene is pretty damned shallow. I take that as a default stance for both guys and girls, the whole population. The main idea is, while it is nice to occasionally see a genuinely nice/decent guy in yuri, I don't mind at all the general portrayals of them 'cause most of the time they could actually be called pretty realistic.

You should read some stories from myst magazine, those guys were basically early career supervillains. usually if they don't bother drawing a character a face that character is just a plot device and in this case he's being used so that the sister can compare a cute and fairly happy lesbian couple to her evil boyfriend.

joined Apr 7, 2013

she was overreacting.

I get the impression that she didn't break up at the time. :P That is why she freaked out when they stepped on the phone. I think it accidentally sent one of those emails that you normally write when you are totally pissed, and then hit delete once you calm down. ^^

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

mmm...the sister is going to work and will leave her girlfriend with her little sister...mmm...just thinking.

candy76041820
%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Naah. Not until I reached the flashback part did I understand the "I lost it" thing at the beginning. Poor Kanae.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

It might be an interesting story about a girl observing her sister in a good relationship from the sidelines, then trying to patch up her own with her boyfriend. =)

I might give this series one more chapter. It hasn't captured me yet with what's been offered so far.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i wish this isn't about a triangle

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

It might be an interesting story about a girl observing her sister in a good relationship from the sidelines, then trying to patch up her own with her boyfriend. =)

I might give this series one more chapter. It hasn't captured me yet with what's been offered so far.

I think this also.

I means rather going on the "men-are-evil" road, maybe this series simply just draw parallel through the two sisters. And on how the yuri relationship of the older sister, is not much different, or simply could be an inspiration for the younger one to patch up and treasure her own relationship.

joined Jan 11, 2013

Posting pictures of her...umm....no no parts...even I had to reread that page

Oyasumi-punpun-2837599
joined Jun 16, 2013

Does anybody know where I may read the raws for both chapters, and third if it's out.

last edited at Jun 16, 2013 5:07AM

Logo-ubuntu_st_no%c2%ae-white-hex
joined Apr 23, 2013

The level of detail of the drawing style is bordering obsession. Look at those elaborate clothing designs for example. This looks good.

Does anybody know where I may read the raws for both chapters, and third if it's out.

I think I'm the only one scanning them and I don't give out my raws.

The level of detail of the drawing style is bordering obsession. Look at those elaborate clothing designs for example. This looks good.

First reason I got interested in doing it, actually. That close up shot on dinner makes me hungry.

321135_2320992341587_421511_s
joined Jun 16, 2013

First reason I got interested in doing it, actually. That close up shot on dinner makes me hungry.

(>,<
Looking forward to the next chapter..! Thanks for the hardwork!

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Well I am now fully captivated by this manga!
I do agree the art is fantastic in this story which is the original reason why I started to read it, but now the story line has caught my eye.

Thank you Binbou scanlation from working so hard!

last edited at Jun 16, 2013 7:30AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.