Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

joined Apr 10, 2023

Dang, all the predictions that Komachi were the villain were completely wrong. We fell into the same trap her relatives and everyone else did.
With no villain in sight, it seems like we're speeding into the endgame. I loved the series overall. I'm glad I could experience it with the rest of you

I called her as suicidally depressed rather than evil all the way back after the chapter where she tries to "help" Satsuki jump off the roof, lol. The real twist I definitely did not guess, one I doubt many people could have, is Komachi fully recognizing Satsuki's preconception before they even talk in chapter 1, due to having her own form of preconception. That was a satisfying twist imo

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Welp, the manga has just ended at chapter 83. Kind of abrupt, to be honest, I hoped for more denouement with Satsuki and Komachi, but I guess that's what the extra chapters in May-June are for? I dunno, the ending was kind of anticlimactic, after all the action and the drama of the first half.

last edited at Apr 17, 2024 3:40PM

joined May 29, 2021

Yes apparently the latest chapter is the ending. It feels a bit rushed to be honest and Akira got totally shafted (she gets like two lines and doesn't talk to Satsuki AT ALL). I'm hoping the extra chapters give us more but after the ending I'm not expecting a whole lot.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Yes apparently the latest chapter is the ending. It feels a bit rushed to be honest and Akira got totally shafted (she gets like two lines and doesn't talk to Satsuki AT ALL). I'm hoping the extra chapters give us more but after the ending I'm not expecting a whole lot.

The extra is mainly about Satsuki and Komachi. It's broken into two parts

last edited at Apr 17, 2024 7:09PM

joined May 29, 2021

The extra is mainly about Satsuki and Komachi. It's broken into two parts

Well that's disappointing.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Oh, it ended, just like that...ok then, well...a bit rushed maybe but let's see?

Img_6865
joined Apr 9, 2024

Akirabros, we lost so hard.

joined Mar 25, 2019

People talking about Akira and Satsuki but really the unresolved conflict is the one they have with their dads.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

People talking about Akira and Satsuki but really the unresolved conflict is the one they have with their dads.

i assume at least on Satsuki's end that's what they'll deal with in the extras, probably

joined Sep 10, 2022

Akira's dad got arrested for attempted murder. That's already settled.

last edited at Apr 18, 2024 11:44PM

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

It's really kinda crap that THE relationship that has been built throughout the whole manga, Satsuki and Akira, just does not get any showing not just at the very end but for the last 5 chapters.

I wasn't expecting a confession but there really should've been some sort of acknowledgement to just how valuable that relationship has been to Satsuki.

Instead we get all the focus put on Komachi for 5 chapters, who's presence has been more of a background thing for much of the manga, and an end entirely focused on her.

It's a real shame.

joined May 29, 2021

It's really kinda crap that THE relationship that has been built throughout the whole manga, Satsuki and Akira, just does not get any showing not just at the very end but for the last 5 chapters.

I wasn't expecting a confession but there really should've been some sort of acknowledgement to just how valuable that relationship has been to Satsuki.

Instead we get all the focus put on Komachi for 5 chapters, who's presence has been more of a background thing for much of the manga, and an end entirely focused on her.

It's a real shame.

I agree. Akira was Satsuki's main support system for like...90% of this manga. She got all the screentime and all the hints. Komachi faded into the background after the initial chapters only to act vaguely sinister on occasion until this ending where she hijacks everything and Akira...just kinda sits in the cuck shed getting no lines and being Miho's babysitter. And with the knowledge that the extras are entirely Satsuki and Komachi focused I can't be anything other than salty.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I feel validated that there are still so many fellow Akirabros here, after the last couple pages of discussion had been dominated by SatsuKoma shippers. :-)

And yeah, the ending definitely feels rushed, like the series got axed on short notice. I really hope Satsuki gets to call out her old man in the bonus chapters, because that's a major dangling thread here.

last edited at Apr 19, 2024 5:44AM

joined Oct 19, 2023

Akiraaaaaa :(

joined Sep 28, 2022

when i saw this was the last chapter i thought the ending was gonna feel rushed but i actually feel fairly content

i too wish we got more of a outro for satsuki with each of komachi, akira, miho but in a way this kinda makes sense too since its not like the daily struggle of keeping people alive is gonna end, itd be strange if they kinda did like an outro since in universe nothing specific happened as far as that goes

if notning else i wish we could've avoided the "couple achieved, manga end" thing that so many do but eh i can live with it its a lot better than many mangas get

joined Sep 10, 2022

There wasn't anything much left to touch on. Maybe some were still somehow holding out for something from Akira but that's not happening. Satsuki and Komachi are moving forward. This series wasn't a romance anyway and no one ended up "together" really. So I don't know if I'd call it "couple achieved" but I liked the ending anyway.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

It's a real shame.

You have my sympathy.

On the bright side, I feel validated for dropping the manga dozens of chapters ago. (Checked back solely because I saw the [End] and wanted to know if I should give it a second chance.)

Not that I'm saying anyone shouldn't like the manga; if you like it, glad you enjoyed it. Just saying I'd have been one of the disappointed readers, too, had I stuck it out the end.

joined Mar 19, 2022

Akira got screwed, but I'm just so happy the main crew all made it out alive and happy :)

It is a real shame that we never got more about Satsuki's dad though, it feels like a loose plot thread that never got tied up.

Itsy Bitsy Spooder
Spooder
joined Jan 22, 2024

I, too, was hoping for some Satsuki x Akira development ... its a shame indeed

Akko%20x%20mari%2007
joined Mar 20, 2016

At least the prez is dead.

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

I love this series. It wasn't perfect, but I love it all the same. Outstanding job Ryouko. You created some of my favorite characters ever and the plot was great. And I love that it was so much happier than the previous series. A hopeful story is wonderful.
YEAH TEACHER!! YOU'RE THE GUY! MVP!!!
Now we just need to wait for Satsuki to resolve things with her father

last edited at Apr 19, 2024 2:21PM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

noighd, I love you

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Tokiko and Natsuki walked (to death) so Komachi and Satsuki could run!

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

You have my sympathy.

On the bright side, I feel validated for dropping the manga dozens of chapters ago. (Checked back solely because I saw the [End] and wanted to know if I should give it a second chance.)

Not that I'm saying anyone shouldn't like the manga; if you like it, glad you enjoyed it. Just saying I'd have been one of the disappointed readers, too, had I stuck it out the end.

You know it's interesting but i considered dropping this a few times myself. The story really was not my kind of thing, and the moral ambiguity the mangaka was trying to go for with the Stu-co President just did not work. His position was abhorrent and so easily argued against it was frustrating to see Satsuki flounder in front of him.

But what kept me going was the characters. I just love both Satsuki and Akira, i think they're both so well written and interesting that i stuck with it. Really i would love to see the two in another work far more focused upon them, their dynamic and their relationship.

So, yeah this end hits double hard for me. ;)

last edited at Apr 19, 2024 5:05PM

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

The ending was so unexpected for when I saw the update. It fr felt outta nowhere. I read it, and although it sucks that Akira got cast to the side (really REALLY sucks) I found that I’m not upset with the ending.

Honestly, like someone said, there’s not really a lot of things the mangaka can do here that wouldn’t feel kinda repetitive.

I’m disappointed that the extras are just focusing on Komachi and Satsuki, especially when Komachi’s character isnt as developed as Akira’s is, so not having Akira in the ending + actually talking feels like a crime or smthn. It feels illegal.

To reply you must either login or sign up.