Forum › Love Bullet discussion

Aaaaaaaaa
joined May 2, 2012

I really like this so far.

Kind of cried a bit when they showed Aki's file.

Oh whoops, me too! This manga seems BRUTAL! I was so ready to get on the Aki/Koharu ride, but maybe it's better they shoot it down fast rather than leave us hoping for longer. Yuri doomed from the start!

You're much stronger than I am lol

I'm clutching this ship in an iron grip with both hands

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Man, I do really love this manga. At least what little of it we've gotten so far.

Anyways... speculation right? Some people think that Aki popping up so soon doesn't feel right. That it should be something reserved for a finale or further down the line at least and that, because of this, the bullet isn't going to work.

Personally? I think the bullet is gonna work, I also don't think Aki is anywhere near prepared for the realization that she's fallen in love (with cupid assistance) again.

I think it might she have a breakdown because of it and force a redux further the down the line. Suitably angsty I think.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah, while I'll go along with whatever the story decides. It does feel like letting Aki just figure it out on her own without a cupid pushing her along would be the best option. She's clearly very loved and we're told that in past years she just hid herself at home. She's doing better and starting to move on, so just let her do so on her own.

last edited at Apr 13, 2024 12:37PM

joined Apr 15, 2013

This series is the perfect mix of drama and comedy/action. A little sad and bitter at times, but still warm and wonderful underneath. I'm looking forward to more.

joined Dec 3, 2023

Fuck yeah! Go Kanna! (๑˃̵ ᴗ ˂̵)و

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

The satisfaction of seeing Chiyo get blown up after antagonizing poor Koharu lol

This series really feels like Yuri-flavored shonen (I know it's seinen), I wish more manga were allowed to mix up action and yuri romance like this.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

Kanna slayed so much this chapter, blow everything up queen

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

As always, Kanna best girl

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

What dissapointed, i thouhgt sempai will be good on punches but not
And the love story is not finished but it seen will be aimed for a girl too

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

yeah, while I'll go along with whatever the story decides. It does feel like letting Aki just figure it out on her own without a cupid pushing her along would be the best option. She's clearly very loved and we're told that in past years she just hid herself at home. She's doing better and starting to move on, so just let her do so on her own.

Unless I'm forgetting some exposition from the previous chapters, I think one has to go into this series under the assumption that Love (that is, actual mutual romance) is not a thing that just happens in the organic way we think of it but always by the hand of a cupid.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Unless I'm forgetting some exposition from the previous chapters, I think one has to go into this series under the assumption that Love (that is, actual mutual romance) is not a thing that just happens in the organic way we think of it but always by the hand of a cupid.

based on chapter 5, where we see characters being clearly lovestruck without cupid intervention, it follows that love is something that can happen, and the work of a cupid is to ensure it does happen.

Space Sancho Uploader
Sancho%20copy
Sancho Step
joined Oct 13, 2023

based on chapter 5, where we see characters being clearly lovestruck without cupid intervention, it follows that love is something that can happen, and the work of a cupid is to ensure it does happen.

The "rules" of Love Bullet's universe are being doled out in in small chunks, and from what we know love must be sparked by Cupids. But whether those feelings last or fade away afterwards is up to each human and their interactions with the person they fall for. The author mentioned in her interview that she made a world "where love is only possible thanks to Cupids". So we can assume that anyone who shows up in already in love has had those feelings triggered by another Cupid's love bullet/bomb in the past, which was stated to be the case for Aoi and Daito in Chapter 0's love triangle.

last edited at Apr 13, 2024 5:39PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Kanna, and her love of explosives, is amazing. There's something that really tickles me about the way she set up that frag grenade and Chiyo's reaction to it. Part of me really wants to see this series get an animated adaptation, but only if it can go to a studio that can do the fight scenes justice.

What dissapointed, i thouhgt sempai will be good on punches but not
And the love story is not finished but it seen will be aimed for a girl too

Keep in mind that Chiyo's been set up as an absolute beast and combat junkie (plus there may be something unusual going on with her), so just keeping up with her her means Kanna's pretty good at qcq; she's just not "block bullets, while mid-air, with your Uzis" good. From what we've seen her real specialty is tactics and exploiting the advantages of her decidedly non-standard loadout, which is exactly how she beat Chiyo here.

last edited at Apr 13, 2024 6:03PM

joined Jul 8, 2019

The "rules" of Love Bullet's universe are being doled out in in small chunks, and from what we know love must be sparked by Cupids. But whether those feelings last or fade away afterwards is up to each human and their interactions with the person they fall for. The author mentioned in her interview that she made a world "where love is only possible thanks to Cupids". So we can assume that anyone who shows up in already in love has had those feelings triggered by another Cupid's love bullet/bomb in the past, which was stated to be the case for Aoi and Daito in Chapter 0's love triangle.

That might be what the author tries to depict. That is not what the autor does depict.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/love_bullet_ch05#10
Clearly already in love waaaay before being shot by anyone.(1) (Unlike https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/love_bullet_ch05#5 who is clearly shot from off-panel by someone else).
If those are the setting rules, then the author ignored them (an author, ignoring the setting's rules in the name of the actual story? OUTRAGEOUS!) :-)

(1) I mean, with the whole point of the chapter being that it's going to be Koharu the one that will match that girl and Aki, to say that she has not yet being shot is a safe-ish bet.

last edited at Apr 13, 2024 8:51PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Huh, so Yakult is a Japanese brand, I had no idea. It's pretty common here in the UK so I assumed it was just a British or EU brand

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

That might be what the author tries to depict. That is not what the autor does depict.
Clearly already in love waaaay before being shot by anyone.(1) (Unlike https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/love_bullet_ch05#5 who is clearly shot from off-panel by someone else).
If those are the setting rules, then the author ignored them (an author, ignoring the setting's rules in the name of the actual story? OUTRAGEOUS!) :-)

(1) I mean, with the whole point of the chapter being that it's going to be Koharu the one that will match that girl and Aki, to say that she has not yet being shot is a safe-ish bet.

It's entirely possible some, or all, of her suitors were shot before Koharu even arrived, as was the case with the first chapter, so there's no need for them to be shot now. Koharu's here to shoot her friend so she'll [i]reciprocate[/i] someone's feelings. She could also create a new suitor, if she feels the need to, but that isn't actually necessary.

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

What are you talking about, heart-shaped pupils/heart-shaped eyes are the indicator that people are in love in the story and all of Aki's friends were shown with the heart eyes back in Chapter 3. None of the friends are falling in love in this chapter, they're all already in love. The "bullet" in page 5 of today's chapter was clearly a visual gag or else Koharu would've panicked at the indication of another Cupid hiding within shooting distance. And like stated by lore, if anyone who died without falling in love and wanted to can become a Cupid (and keep the gig for years), it makes perfect sense that all of Aki's classmates were shot by other Cupids in the past while she remained unable to fall in love with any of them back until now because she was in love with/hung up on Koharu.

last edited at Apr 14, 2024 1:46AM

joined Jul 8, 2019

It's entirely possible some, or all, of her suitors were shot before Koharu even arrived, as was the case with the first chapter, so there's no need for them to be shot now. Koharu's here to shoot her friend so she'll [i]reciprocate[/i] someone's feelings. She could also create a new suitor, if she feels the need to, but that isn't actually necessary.

Fair point. However, somebody actually willing to make a bet that she won't also shot heart-eyed girl in the same chapter that she shoots Aki? Because it's a losing bet, I think.
Just pointing out what seems to be a minor inconsistence betwen the actual action and the internal rules, which as I've explicitly stated, is likely done deliberately by the mangaka in the name of storytelling. Which is a good thing. Storytelling should reign supreme in, you know, story telling.
Of course, if Koharu does not shoot the girl in the next chapter (let alone, if someone actually mentions the girl was already in love), the whole point will be moot :-)

last edited at Apr 14, 2024 7:04AM

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Fair point. However, somebody actually willing to make a bet that she won't also shot heart-eyed girl in the same chapter that she shoots Aki? Because it's a losing bet, I think.
Just pointing out what seems to be a minor inconsistence betwen the actual action and the internal rules, which as I've explicitly stated, is likely done deliberately by the mangaka in the name of storytelling. Which is a good thing. Storytelling should reign supreme in, you know, story telling.
Of course, if Koharu does not shoot the girl in the next chapter (let alone, if someone actually mentions the girl was already in love), the whole point will be moot :-)

I still don't get what you're trying to claim here. There's literally no inconsistency, all of the friends already have fallen for Aki prior to Koharu showing up (shown by the dialogue and their heart eyes in the last three chapters) so Koharu's only concerned with who Aki should fall in love with. There's no reason for her to shoot any of Aki's friends in the first place.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

yuri + good fighting + gun = count me in at once!

joined Jun 8, 2022

A theory that came to me out of the blue, but I'm not super attached to: Chiyo isn't a normal cupid because she's the Goddess of Love's rebellious daughter. Never been mortal, so no desire for the prize of cupiding, it's more like the family business she's going to be a part of whether she likes it or not. So to heck with that! Do stunts and pick fights with the employees for fun! Meanwhile mum takes a hands off approach and hopes she'll get it out of her system after a few decades/centuries.

To reply you must either login or sign up.