Forum › LOVE/DEATH discussion

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

"It feels like if I do something strange, I might break you."

Well, maybe you could start with stopping to beat your girlfriend up with those sticks that you keep twirling for no reason. Ya know...to reduce the risk of breaking her. Just sayin.

Cat10
joined Dec 30, 2014

Somebody please continue it. Love/death.

joined Dec 8, 2014

Never stop laughing reading this. they might ending killing each other fr in the end. lool :D

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Of course from the look of it it's mostly cartoon violence and the injuries doesn't seem to carry over to subsequent chapters.

Soon they would be covered in bandages and casts laying on a hospital bed... right next to each other... which would not stop them from getting violent again, haha

Or from banging each other. .....wat someone had to say it

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Of course from the look of it it's mostly cartoon violence and the injuries doesn't seem to carry over to subsequent chapters.

Soon they would be covered in bandages and casts laying on a hospital bed... right next to each other... which would not stop them from getting violent again, haha

Or from banging each other. .....wat someone had to say it

In both senses of the term.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Isuke and haruki's cousins dont get along very well

Haaaaah.

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

violent reaction literally

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

fight fight fight! kiss kiss kiss!

Hi Joel

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

That's some killer foreplay they go through. Funny how they seem to agree that brutally assaulting your girlfriend with improvised murder weapons is somehow less likely to break her than giving her a freaking kiss.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That's some killer foreplay they go through. Funny how they seem to agree that brutally assaulting your girlfriend with improvised murder weapons is somehow less likely to break her than giving her a freaking kiss.

You obviously don't understand the gentle heart of a maiden.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

You obviously don't understand the gentle heart of a maiden.

I think I have it sort of worked out:

1. Strong enough to engage in mortal combat without being winded.
  2. Aggressive enough to engage in mortal combat at the slightest provocation.
  3. Bold enough to confess romantic feelings and sexual urges unflinchingly during mortal combat.
  4. Weak enough to reduce you to an embarrassed quivering mess at the first sign of genuine affection.

Basically, it's an evil Superman and the LOVE is it's kryptonite.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I think I have it sort of worked out:

1. Strong enough to engage in mortal combat without being winded.
  2. Aggressive enough to engage in mortal combat at the slightest provocation.
  3. Bold enough to confess romantic feelings and sexual urges unflinchingly during mortal combat.
  4. Weak enough to reduce you to an embarrassed quivering mess at the first sign of genuine affection.

Basically, it's an evil Superman and the LOVE is it's kryptonite.

Well they are supposed to be yandere characters after all. Violence is as natural as breathing to them. Having their object of affection act so sweetly towards them isn't typical for them though. It's more likely to be screams of terror or fearful obedience instead.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well they are supposed to be yandere characters after all. Violence is as natural as breathing to them. Having their object of affection act so sweetly towards them isn't typical for them though. It's more likely to be screams of terror or fearful obedience instead.

TBH I personally think calling them yanderes is totally missing the point. Neither of them show the obsessiveness or crazed possessiveness that marks the classic yandere, to start with. But more importantly, it's clear that both of them are basically the archetype of the highly-trained, hair-trigger assassin type, put in a completely different context (girl-girl romance). All the stuff they do, if you remove the battles, would not be out of place in any issue of Yuri Hime or Hirari.

Violence is their language, but to me it's in a much different fashion to a typical yandere.

last edited at Feb 2, 2015 10:32AM

joined Oct 6, 2014

TBH I personally think calling them yanderes is totally missing the point. Neither of them show the obsessiveness or crazed possessiveness that marks the classic yandere, to start with. But more importantly, it's clear that both of them are basically the archetype of the highly-trained, hair-trigger assassin type, put in a completely different context (girl-girl romance). All the stuff they do, if you remove the battles, would be out of place in any issue of Yuri Hime or Hirari.

Violence is their language, but to me it's in a much different fashion to a typical yandere.

I personally think the point of this manga as satire, that it uses extreme violence as a juxtaposition for yuri/romance tropes to point out their silliness. When I view it in that light it is friggin HYSTERICAL. i could be off base and over estimating the title, but imma choose to continue to interpret it that way for the lolz. ^_~

last edited at Feb 2, 2015 10:21AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

TBH I personally think calling them yanderes is totally missing the point. Neither of them show the obsessiveness or crazed possessiveness that marks the classic yandere, to start with. But more importantly, it's clear that both of them are basically the archetype of the highly-trained, hair-trigger assassin type, put in a completely different context (girl-girl romance). All the stuff they do, if you remove the battles, would not be out of place in any issue of Yuri Hime or Hirari.

Fair enough point. I think they do show some possessiveness though. The parts where they tried to kill each other chapter 1 simply because they liked the other one and thought their feelings weren't mutual as well as the extreme jealousy on their date are definitely the sorts of actions a yandere character would take.

To make a proper judgment over whether they're actually yandere or not we'll probably just need to be patient and wait and see how the story continues to develop. Though the satire point aoinokansei brought up is also completely valid. (And in the end whether they're yandere or not I think is actually mostly irrelevant anyways. The story is hilarious yet adorable regardless.)

Coollogo_com_262501472
joined Jul 21, 2014

Its like Kill Bill with a Yuri twist....but I like IT!!!

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Still a better love story than Yuru Yuri...

Partly due to the fact that Yuru Yuri isn't a love story.

I really like all the Kuzushiro we're getting lately. She really has some of the most creative settings in any romance manga, yuri or not, and quickly became one of my favorite mangaka. For me Love/Death is definitely her best series, looking forward to more.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Yeah if yanderes are gonna be crazed obsessive/possessive in order to be yanderes they don't fit that stereotype. I think if it's a satire of anything it's a satire of the annoying use of miscommunication that plagues stories EVERYWHERE. Like using miscommunication as a plot development is not necessarily bad (looking at you Sora no Method, Lonely Wolf/Lonely Sheep), but when everything hinges on quite literally the fact the characters don't just freaking take time to talk to one another or trust them, it's annoying and shallow.

Still a better love story than Yuru Yuri...

I mean that's like saying it's a better comedy than Angel Beats. Totally missing the point of the show.

And if you ask me Yuru Yuri's romances are solidly on point, it's just that the mood of it is meant to be fun and lighthearted (barring that Akari time travel episode), so adding the drama and romance that comes with love stories would be missing the target.

last edited at Feb 2, 2015 11:35PM

Cyryr_s010_006
joined Jun 30, 2014

If I'd date myself...

last edited at Feb 16, 2015 1:56PM

joined Feb 15, 2015

i need more....... so much more. someone help

satsuki matoi
joined May 2, 2014

Lol Such a healthy relationship YANDERE ASSAAAINS or what ever the fuck was going in this woow manga IS the BEST I have never read yuri manga like that XD Annd TBH It's kind of sexy !(◎_◎;) mooooooorrr of this tyyyyype

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 3:46AM

S-l225
joined Feb 14, 2014

it seems standing guard is pretty dangerous. But not in the usual way...

Hitoribocchi(3)
joined Jan 17, 2015

So... the classroom was destroyed, again.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Their love making caused natural disasters. Thousands were killed :)

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Aww so cute

To reply you must either login or sign up.