Forum › Prunus Girl discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Re-reading this last night, I'd say the real dark horse character had to be Non-chan. For one of the "faceless girls" in terms of design, she really became one of my favourite characters by the end. Not that everyone wasn't wonderful, but she really stood out.

Pity she never found a girlfriend of her own though.

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

Needs a sequel. I love this manga ^^

joined Apr 15, 2013

Uh, so I was rereading this series because it's great, but I'm pretty sure chapter 31 and chapter 32.5 got switched somehow. So, that's a bit weird.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

I now need to re-read this 'cause you brought it back up :)

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 11:02PM

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

I started this last year and had to take a hiatus. It was very funny in the beginning, but found the fact that Maki and Kizuna kept being chased around exhausting. But as I do not like to leave things undone, I finally finished the last 12 chapters today. Very satisfied with this series. I only wish that Non-chan found love. I really liked her, more than the other forgettable girls, as her crush seemed different somehow. Maybe because she went through the realization phase many of us do when we realize we're into the same sex.

last edited at Apr 19, 2015 7:13PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm not usually into BL, but this one is really funny. Though it was a little dragged on, because that they end up together, whether Aikawa is a girl or a boy is pretty obvious. The denial of Maki that he's Aikawa-sexual gets old after a while.

All in all, it's a good read because of the comedy. The lovestory in itself was very predictable.

I just hope for Non-chan that the lesbian pair doesn't mind a 3some.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I just hope for Non-chan that the lesbian pair doesn't mind a 3some.

I support 3P, but in this case I think Non-chan needs to get a sweet girl of her very own. In a relationship with those two, she's end up their pet more than their partner.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Pet is good too... :3

I mean the pair isn't evil. And Non-chan made it pretty obvious that she's actually very much turned on by both.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 11:01AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Pet is good too... :3

I mean the pair isn't evil. And Non-chan made it pretty obvious that she's actually very much turned on by both.

Wakakusa likes toying with her too.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, the relationship between Hanazaka and Wakakusa is rock solid, because they are completely in love and completely trust each other. Wakakusa was never affraid Non-chan would take away Hanazaka from her.

But it doesn't mean it can't be an open relationship, as long as the third one doesn't hope to drive a wedge between the two. When Non-chan seems to "give up", she says as much. She can clearly see that there's no hope she can take Hanazaka for herself. But it's still pretty obvious that she's strongly attracted to both Wakakusa and Hanazaka and still hang out a lot with them.

So I think there's room for her in a 3P, as long as she loves both equally, because these two, even if they toy with her, wouldn't dare to hurt her.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 12:39PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, the relationship between Hanazaka and Wakakusa is rock solid, because they are completely in love and completely trust each other. Wakakusa was never affraid Non-chan would take away Hanazaka from her.

But it doesn't mean it can't be an open relationship, as long as the third one doesn't hope to drive a wedge between the two. When Non-chan seems to "give up", she says as much. She can clearly see that there's no hope she can take Hanazaka for herself. But it's still pretty obvious that she's strongly attracted to both Wakakusa and Hanazaka and still hang out a lot with them.

So I think there's room for her in a 3P, as long as she loves both equally, because these two, even if they toy with her, wouldn't dare to hurt her.

That may be true, but I'd like to see Non-chan experience a love that's just for her. She's a good girl, and would make her lover happy for sure. Besides, it would bust her out of the "one of the faceless girls" mold she's assumed for herself.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Asami and Non-chan are the only ones without a partner at the end.

So let's say Asami switches sides and hooks up with Non-chan. That can be your headcanon.

Anyway, back to the story, Aikawa never ever actually act or look anything like a guy, but always like a cute girl. So I can see why this one isn't tagged Yaoi. That he's a guy is only a plot device to delay the unavoidable outcome.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 5:16PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kinda off topic
Reading this latest coments, I got excited thinking that maybe there was a spin off or afterword about Non chan or Aikawa but nope, in fact Prunus girl was his only work about homosexuality ... His latest work (and second) started last year http://www.jp.square-enix.com/magazine/joker/series/vampirelady/index.html

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 3:53PM

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

maki reminds me a lot of Ichigo form bleach looks and personality wise.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

this is yuri, yaoi and het wow im impressed that they covered all bases and i still like it.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 3:06AM

joined Mar 2, 2011

despite being a lifelong yuri fanboy, i recently got into trap & shota yaoi pretty severely (thanks a lot totsuka (see: oregairu)), so i picked this series up, eager for slow-burn romance more typical of yuri. did it ever deliver! and, with lesbian side-characters! icing on the icing to me.

so, finished it last night, and the last two chapters made me fuckin' cry. manga has never had that effect on me before. read it onegai, regardless of your preferred fandom.

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

As for Non, she has a "canon yuri ending" it seems.
I just finished reading the French edition of the manga, and that's what I found on the back-cover : http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/original/1441576231.jpg

Non found a girlfriend at college, she looks like as a mix of Shion and Kana.
BTW in the text bottom, they say that Shion and Kana are married (oversea?) after the approval of the father of Kana.
The twincest are still together.
Only Asami (and Kadoyama, but who care about him?) ends alone.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I just finished reading the French edition of the manga, and that's what I found on the back-cover : http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/original/1441576231.jpg

BTW in the text bottom, they say that Shion and Kana are married (oversea?) after the approval of the father of Kana.

Thats nice.

So, those are extra bits of "what happened after" that some mangas/stories have on the end? or is there more?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Glad to see Non found love in the end, I always thought she was the biggest loose end out of the main cast (didn't care about the twins, Kadoyama being alone is a Good End far as I'm concerned, the fujoshi will grow up to be Matsumoto Tomoki, etc.) so it was a shame they just sort of abandoned her at the end.

And I gotta say, Non's girl is seriously cute. I'd read a whole series about them any day.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

"And I gotta say, Non's girl is seriously cute. I'd read a whole series about them any day."
Agreed.
Loved this series. In the end it was all about love. And comedy!

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

great to know the twins got happy end!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

Glad to see Non found love in the end, I always thought she was the biggest loose end out of the main cast (didn't care about the twins, Kadoyama being alone is a Good End far as I'm concerned, the fujoshi will grow up to be Matsumoto Tomoki, etc.) so it was a shame they just sort of abandoned her at the end.

And I gotta say, Non's girl is seriously cute. I'd read a whole series about them any day.

Out of the supporting cast she was easily one of the most interesting characters.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

About Shion x Kana, I'll help you. Shion takes over Wakakusa group very quickly after their marriage. I'll add them in my canonical yuri wedding.

Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

I wonder if someone will ever properly scan and translate those extra pages, it would be nice to read those epilogues and whatever else have in there...

last edited at Dec 28, 2015 4:14PM

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

I wonder if someone will ever properly scan and translate those extra pages, it would be nice to read those epilogues and whatever else have in there...

Not only the missing bonus pages.
I was really surprised by the quality of the manga version; the drawings are better than in the magazine version (you don't have that blank backgrounds anymore), and well, you don't have unfinished pages like this one.

Each volume has a little joke on the front/back-cover (mostly Sato (the fudanshi girl) who have some yaoi/yuri fantasies), and the sixth one has that "what happened to the characters after the end?" that I posted above.
There is the usual after-words too, but also some concept arts, drafts and design sketchs, with notes explaining them.

Compared to the other manga in my library, Prunus Girl have a good amount of bonus contents. It's one of my favorite manga, so I'm really glad to have them.

last edited at Dec 28, 2015 5:04PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.